Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,300 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

FACEBOOK: A Mass Surveillance Tool - Dangerous - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FACEBOOK: A Mass Surveillance Tool - Dangerous (939 Views)

Nigerian Highways To Get Surveillance Cameras / Will We Be Seeing A Mass-slaughter Of Rams/sheep This Coming Week? / Internet As A Mass Medium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FACEBOOK: A Mass Surveillance Tool - Dangerous by OgaMadam(f): 8:44am On Oct 23, 2012
Guys, what do you think about FB. Is it true:

*Timeline can track your location
*Liking pages can be used to get your information
*You can never delete an account (everything will be saved and you can always come back)
*CIA or governments can override FB at anytime and get into your business
*Biological imaging

i could go on and on but heres an example:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-20004511-83.html

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/facebookprivacy.htm
Re: FACEBOOK: A Mass Surveillance Tool - Dangerous by CrazyMan(m): 9:57am On Oct 23, 2012
Emmm....the timeline tracking your location is true.

I don't know about the rest.
Re: FACEBOOK: A Mass Surveillance Tool - Dangerous by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
It's obvious that fb is not just a social network but a FBI tool use for tracking criminals when the need arises.

Even if it's true, there are several ways that you can adopt to protect your online privacy.

For me, if you tracking me with my IP, your wasting your dem fùcking time cos every website I visit, my IP changes to the IP location of that very website or the IP of the country that owns the web! Am more or like an online ghost!

1 Like

Re: FACEBOOK: A Mass Surveillance Tool - Dangerous by OgaMadam(f): 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
how do you do that?
Re: FACEBOOK: A Mass Surveillance Tool - Dangerous by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
OgaMadam: how do you do that?
I use proXPN's VPN(visual private network) and so many other VPN simultaneously thereby becoming incredibly unnecessary to keep track of my online records
Re: FACEBOOK: A Mass Surveillance Tool - Dangerous by tpia5: 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
Like i've pointed out times without number, everything on the internet is tapped.

Your phone is tapped

Your residence is tapped

Every word that comes out of your mouth is analyzed carefully and reworded to be used against you.

Even your thoughts are the subject of mindreading attempts.

So, facebook's own is just one of many.

1 Like

Re: FACEBOOK: A Mass Surveillance Tool - Dangerous by tpiah2: 5:35am On Oct 27, 2014
i seriously doubt facebook is the only person/people or entity doing surveillance.

is it nairaland that doesnt do surveillance?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cameroonpride's Girlfriend In Cameroon / Composer Of Nigeria's National Anthem Pa Odiase Dies At 72 / Is It True That 2 Vehicles Plunged Into Third Mainland Bride?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.