Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

International Film Distribution For Short Films, Features And Documentaries - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / International Film Distribution For Short Films, Features And Documentaries (1992 Views)

Celebrities At 5th Africa International Film Festival ,in Lekki Lagos / Top 10 Film Distribution Companies In Nigeria / Direct Links To Download Nigerian Movies, Series, Short Films, Comedy Skits Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Film Distribution For Short Films, Features And Documentaries by Orikinla(m): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
The biggest problem in Nollywood is piracy and one of the causes of piracy is lack of proper distribution structure.
The main reason why most Nollywood movies end up pirated and poorly distributed is professional ignorance, because majority of Nigerian producers fail to plan for the distribution of their movies beyond Idumota in Lagos and Iweka Road in Onitsha and Palm Road in Aba. And then they abandon their fortunes to the marketers and pirates. That is why Nollywood has not become bigger and larger as we have envisaged and many producers are now into running restaurants and trading and not making movies as they were doing in the past when Nollywood was booming.

How many Nollywood movies have been dubbed or subtitled in other languages like Faruk Lasaki's [i]Changing Faces [/i]in French?
Imagine how much the producers of the Nollywood classic Living in Bondage would have made if it was dubbed into Chinese?
Film distribution is a key access point in the complex but booming Chinese film market.

To address this problem, an international film distribution and production company is going to have a presentation on how to distribute and sell movies of all genres at the forthcoming Eko International Film Festival, from November 5 - 10, 2012, at the Silverbird Galleria on Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Do you know that you can even sell your movie to distributors before your complete it?

Nigerian movie producers are welcome to this special presentation on international film distribution for Short Films, Features and Documentaries.

Re: International Film Distribution For Short Films, Features And Documentaries by ubong560(m): 10:37am On Oct 25, 2012
How much is d attendance fee 2 participate in d event? Am interested though am nt in Lagos. Pls reply!
Re: International Film Distribution For Short Films, Features And Documentaries by honestm2004: 9:09am On Oct 28, 2012
Any nooly wood producer who want p.a working personal,in any cast location withing easterner part of the country,provided he gonna see for his feed,transport and lodging expenses apart from his wages.email honestm2004@yahoo.com or call 07036855597
Re: International Film Distribution For Short Films, Features And Documentaries by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
Orikinla: The biggest problem in Nollywood is piracy and one of the causes of piracy is lack of proper distribution structure.
The main reason why most Nollywood movies end up pirated and poorly distributed is professional ignorance, because majority of Nigerian producers fail to plan for the distribution of their movies beyond Idumota in Lagos and Iweka Road in Onitsha and Palm Road in Aba. And then they abandon their fortunes to the marketers and pirates. That is why Nollywood has not become bigger and larger as we have envisaged and many producers are now into running restaurants and trading and not making movies as they were doing in the past when Nollywood was booming.

How many Nollywood movies have been dubbed or subtitled in other languages like Faruk Lasaki's [i]Changing Faces [/i]in French?
Imagine how much the producers of the Nollywood classic Living in Bondage would have made if it was dubbed into Chinese?
Film distribution is a key access point in the complex but booming Chinese film market.

To address this problem, an international film distribution and production company is going to have a presentation on how to distribute and sell movies of all genres at the forthcoming Eko International Film Festival, from November 5 - 10, 2012, at the Silverbird Galleria on Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Do you know that you can even sell your movie to distributors before your complete it?

Nigerian movie producers are welcome to this special presentation on international film distribution for Short Films, Features and Documentaries.
hello sir, pls can u help me with a list of prospective distributors of african content? Thank u
Re: International Film Distribution For Short Films, Features And Documentaries by Orikinla(m): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
idprincess: hello sir, pls can u help me with a list of prospective distributors of African content? Thank u

Contact me on http://screennaija./

(1) (Reply)

Lip-stick Jungle! / Legend Of The Seeker: / Pix)the Sexiest TV Program Where Women Strip Naked And Men Critique Their Bodies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.