Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby (20336 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Why The Fear Of Caesarean Section By Nigerian Women? / A Woman Performs Cesarean Section On Herself And Survives Along With Her Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by lekanwj(m): 2:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
Mummy' love too much. I salute my mum and pray that God almighty help me take care of her more than she took care of me.
LIKE IF YOU LOVE YOUR MUM, LET'S SEE HOW MANY LIKES I GET.

1 Like

Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by juman(m): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
Difficult to believe.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by xxxkubexxx: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2012
why didn't she send for the local nurse before cutting herself?
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by controlseven: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
Damned risky stunt! What if the child had died? I hope nobody copies her.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by hayweezee(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
prometheus.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by buchibabe: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
And who says women are d weaker vessels?
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by ACM10: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
Hmmm. . .pls don't try this at home!
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by goofie: 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
i cnt imagine the pain dt woman went thru. i dont want to even think it
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by dabrake(m): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
some-girl:
right after the Love of God is the love of a mother
very true. I slapped my friend 2 days ago when i heard him say that silly i-love-pass-my-mama punchline to his girl and i was serious.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by EmmaTay(m): 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
[size=45pt]Kudos to that brave woman[/size]
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by fm7070: 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
why didn't she wait for the nurse to come and deliver her.
Maybe her case wouldn't even need surgery
this is stewpidity of the highest order
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2012
=8pt]GOD Purnish the World if this woman isn't given an award
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by PrettieJ(f): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
Our God is indeed awesome! Thanks to Him for saving this woman and her baby.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by yuzedo: 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin cool
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by cheddarking(m): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
Somone was obviously very high on Mexican White...
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by Pennywise(m): 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
Complete nonsense. Another false baseless medical feat from a third world country. The woman will bleed to death before the arrival of the nurse. You can be sure if this story emanated from the US the press will get to the bottom of it. But since it is coming from a hole in Mexico (itself a hole) you can be sure it wont be investigated.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by agohavivi(f): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2012
xxxkubexxx: why didn't she send for the local nurse before cutting herself?
If she had sent for the local nurse she probably would have lost the baby or her life as well before the nurse's arrival. If you've gone through the pains of childbirth, you definitely won't be asking this question.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by ciphoenix: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
pastormustwacc: We will still see a man that will do herniorrhaphy all by himself - or self-castration sef.
the risk 'll be too much o grin
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
I read the entire post and I'm weak at the knees. WTF?! shocked

Smart lady there @ Hard Liquor. . . cheesy

But then. She would have lost a lot of blood in a matter of minutes. And, how did she know how to do it properly?
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by ciphoenix: 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2012
The boy should grow up to appreciate his mum. Gracias Mami
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
I refuse †☺ believe this one. If the woman is my neighbour, I still don't believe.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dumbfounded!
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by tigerleggs(m): 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2012
Supidit.y of the highest order. She could've killed her self and the baby. Nothing to celebrate here.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by adaphic: 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2012
Unbelievable.. Amazing
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by IMMUNO1(m): 7:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
[quote
author=ykkool]A woman gave birth to a healthy baby boy after
performing a Caesarean on herself with a kitchen knife.

It is thought to be the first known case of a self-inflicted Caesarean
in which both the mother and baby survived.

The unidentified 40-year-old, lived in a rural area of Mexico without
electricity or running water, and eight hours from the nearest hospital.
The International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics reported the
case.

The woman performed the operation when she could not deliver the baby
naturally, having lost a previous baby due to labour complications.

Dr R Valle, of the Dr Manuel Velasco Suarez Hospital in San Pablo,
Mexico, said: “She took three small glasses of hard liquor and, using a
kitchen knife, sliced her abdomen in three attempts and delivered a male
infant that breathed immediately and cried.”

Before losing consciousness, the woman told one of her children to call a
local nurse for help.

After the nurse stitched the wound with a sewing needle and cotton
thread, the mother and baby were transferred and treated by Dr Valle and
his colleagues at the nearest hospital.

“This case represents an unusual and extraordinary decision by a woman
in labour who, unable to deliver herself spontaneously, and with no
medical help or resources, decided to perform a caesarean section upon
herself,” he said.

He added that a mother’s instinct to save her child can move a woman to
perform extraordinary acts but said it would not have been necessary if
adequate medical care had been available.

Professor James Walker, professor of obstetrics and gynaecology at St
James’s University Hospital, Leeds, said he had heard of cases in the
past where farmers had performed Caesareans on their wives after having
previously carried out the operation on animals.

But he said it would not happen now. “In this country, there is
virtually never a situation when an individual is totally isolated from
medical care even in the most outlying areas.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3606845.stm[/quote]
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by DDNICE: 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
I doubt some part of this story. How come she realised to send her baby to call a nurse after a more tedious effort. If she really did this I guess she is not totally sane or the nurse is protecting some illegal attempts she made to operate her. I stand corrected any way
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by holysmoke(m): 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
This story first made the headlines over a year ago. I actually thought it was a repeat of the same feat only to learn it was one and the same. Nothing so bad in a rehash, just make it clear dude.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
. . . . . . . Who says there is nothing new in d world that has not happened before? I keep hearing new things happening that i have not heard before as i grow older. . . . Now this is new to me. Congratulations, BRAVE woman!!!
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by Dextra(f): 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
I will and can do same.
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by oruchechuks(m): 8:53pm On Oct 24, 2012
I dont knw wat to say but to think d pain
Re: Woman Performs Own Caesarean To Save Baby by Chibest2000(m): 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2012
ghettodreamz: @OP

Old NEWS angry angry angry
den go 2 next wawa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Expect More Ebola Virus Cases In Nigeria – FG / UPTH Delivers First IVF Baby In Port-Harcourt / The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.