Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Supersticious Belief U've Ever Been Told? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Supersticious Belief U've Ever Been Told? (885 Views)

Nominate The Most Annoying & Weirdest Nairalander U've Ever Come Across.. / Craziest Tin U've Ever Done / What's D Craziest Thing U've Ever Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Supersticious Belief U've Ever Been Told? by prettiest1(f): 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
I can remember when I was a kid, I was told that once swallowed an orrange seed it will sprunt from the person's head.
On a fateful day when I returned from school, I was given an orange so I mistakenly swallowed a seed of it, remembering what I was told, I immediately informed my elder brothers thinking they will say something different not knowing they will only help worsen the situation. They told me that I'll be standing tall and watch them pluck it from my head. I wept and refused to eat if not for the timely intervention of my mother who came back and told me it was all lies that I should eat, I don't know what would have happen to me that day.

I was also told that when someone swallowed a chewing gum that he will die. Since then I've been using it with care untill a day when I drank water with gum in my mouth and it went down straight with the water to my intestine. Meehn, I thought I was going to die. I thought of how I was going to miss my xmas and new year clothes, rice and stew, my lovely parents and siblings and stuff like that till I was lost in thought and my mum got noticed of it, I couldn't help but told her everything when she asked to know what was killing me silently and she told me I won't die but never to swallow it again. It was at that point I regained my sanity.

Have you ever been told of a similar thing like mine? If yes, what was it?
Re: Supersticious Belief U've Ever Been Told? by Desdola(m): 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
I was told if i climb a tree in maternal home that the tree would stop growing. But in their absence i tried it. Funny enough the tree is still as fresh as ever.

(1) (Reply)

An Orphan Orphan Is Dying At Luth, Please Help Save His Life / Is This Statement Correct English? / Lagos Traffic Snarl, Which Area Has The Highest Traffic Snarl...state Your Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.