Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Troubleshooting A String In Javame - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Troubleshooting A String In Javame (877 Views)

How Copy Strings From Stringerbuilder To...a String Array / Capitalise First Letter Of Words In A String / How To Generate A Serial Number And String In Sql (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Troubleshooting A String In Javame by olyjosh(m): 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
Please does any one knows how to do string replacement in JavaME.
The only method that i found in JavaMe's String class is

replace(char arg, char arg);

Which cannot take on string as argument.
Please I need answer to this as soon as possiblle
Re: Troubleshooting A String In Javame by olyjosh(m): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
No body could do this for me. Thanks to all those that view this, I latter have to write function/method that can handle dat
Re: Troubleshooting A String In Javame by naijaswag1: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2012
The first thing I did in response to this question is to #askgoogle. Secondly I checked the javame String class api and confirmed that it has only one replace method. I think because javame is meant to run on mobile phones with limited/small memory,many functions/methods in the jse api are proned out. Thirdly I checked the java se String class and saw four variants of replace method which could have handled what you needed if it wasn't a mobile application. Therefore it means that you have taken the normal route which is hacking out your own function which will probably take a string as an argument and seek to replace it in your own string. However, I believe that someone would have programmed an external lib for this. A little power searching/poking on google would expose this. Getting mad on nairaland is a normal thing.You are even lucky you didn't get some obnoxious response from certain over sabi I can program junkies.

(1) (Reply)

2008 Visual.net C++ Palindrome Program / Help On How To Delete From MS Access Table1 Where Record Exist In Table2 Vb.net / Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Removes Silent Mode On Phones: Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.