Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

We Need To Talk About Kevin - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Need To Talk About Kevin (989 Views)

We Need To Talk. (A short story) / A Tribute To Kevin Durant / Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Need To Talk About Kevin by doyindamus: 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2008
A must read I tell you is the Orange Prize Winning----------''We Need To Talk About Kevin'' by Lionel Shriver.

At the heart of the book is the question: Why do we have kids?

Everyone seems to have a rosy vision of well mannered cute kids who grow up to make their parents proud.

But we seem to ignore the vast majority of kids who grow up to be infamous bastards.

And prior to that, they cost us a fortune to raise, impede our social lives and cause us all manner of social embarassments.

Highly recommended
Re: We Need To Talk About Kevin by nanaboi(m): 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2008
The issue u just raised has so murdered my appetite that I doubt if I'd eva get myself 2 read the book if I saw it. The only thing I know that should question the importance of kids is money. U don't need all the money of a lifetime to raise kids, but u do need enough 2 give em a decent background that's condusive 4 breeding kids that won't turn out 2 be menace.
Re: We Need To Talk About Kevin by doyindamus: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2008
awww. . .Thats a shame. . .

The book really is excellent cause it makes you think and any book which does that really is worth reading.

If and when you do read the book, then i will gladly engage in a debate with you over the merits or otherwise of the book.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Publisher For My Book / Get Published(children Books) In Nigeria / Can U Write My Project 4 Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.