Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> (2261 Views)

Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After / Why Can't Mosquitoes Spread HIV/AIDS / Topic: Study Says Malaria Help Spread Hiv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> by hayo(m): 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2006
Before I read in a newspaper that mosquitoes don't carry HIV, I used to be scared, But what if this is the case - How we for do am, considering that everywhere in Naija is a good breeding place for those merciless creatures. Even in VI, Ikoyi, Asokoro, e.t.c as preached by Maintain. What would you have done if Mosquitoes carry da Virus?
Re: Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> by Seun(m): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2006
Where did you read that mosquitos can carry and spread HIV? Source, please.

Meanwhile, I'm rushing out to get myself a Mobil/Raid spray to murder the mosquitos in my room.
Re: Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> by Greatpeter(m): 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2006
Fake news my man!
Never regard it.
Re: Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> by SIBLI06(m): 10:57am On Apr 21, 2006
Source = http://www.webmd.com/content/article/109/109199.htm

Question:

Is it possible to contract HIV/AIDS from an insect bite like a mosquito or something?

Answer:

Many people think of HIV when they think of mosquitoes because they do suck our blood and move from person to person. Remember that HIV is a fragile virus that dies quickly outside the human body. It requires the fluid it is in to remain liquid for it to stay alive. This wouldn't be the case if it entered a mosquito. As a live bug, the mosquito is different from an IV drug needle, where a small amount of infected blood can be extracted from an infected person, remain unexposed to air or light, and be injected into another person unknowingly if the needle is shared before the blood dries. No digestive juices here.

If mosquitoes spread HIV we'd all be infected!

wink wink
Re: Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> by gem87(f): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2006
sorry but this news is false
it's so not true!
don't believe it
Re: Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> by Priscila(f): 4:07pm On May 02, 2006
From medical point of view Mosquitoes lack T lymphocytes which primates have( i mean monkeys apes and others)Get it from me mosquitoes cant transmit the virus just as cows or goat blood.
We have a kind of immune cell called CD4 CD8 cells. these are the cells which the virus penetrate before we get infected.
Thats why if one is raped and reports to hospital before 3 days 72 hours she or he is put on anti retrovirals and they die before they reach the cd4cd8 cells
Its not everyone who slleps with an AIDs person gets infected cos there is what we call abortive reaction. AS in the CD4 can refuse to permit the virus
I wish to tell you more but am busy now

I will get you a site on BIOLOGY OF HIV if I get but there is much you ned to know so as to stop worrying. pls visit any scientific person lets say pathologist,lab Tech,Doc for free consultation
Re: Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> by MasterUwem(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2007
Seun:

Where did you read that mosquitos can carry and spread HIV? Source, please.

Meanwhile, I'm rushing out to get myself a Mobil/Raid spray to murder the mosquitos in my room.

Seun thou shall not kill,

if you murder the one in your bedroom what about the one in your streets
Re: Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> by dot2002(m): 11:57am On Nov 28, 2007
Re: Mosquitoes Now Carry And Spread HIV <Prank> by Adeadeleke(m): 11:15am On Mar 14, 2008
Mosquitoes are not capable of holdind this deadly virus for a second let alone spreadind it. Even unborn child knew this so if you dont have something meaningful to post why dont you just relax,read the post of intellegent people cheesy[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Herbal Products For Any Kind Of Infection. / How To Take Care Of Your Armpit (underarm) / Yeast Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.