Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Should We Stand By And Look?.............. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Stand By And Look?.............. (586 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Saturday 11th May,2013 His Decrees Stand By Pastor E. / Must We Stand/kneel & Close Our Eyes When Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Stand By And Look?.............. by barrymoore: 2:10am On Oct 26, 2012
I went to visit a hospital in lagos and saw that 70% of the sick were HIV infected, then I started thinking, This horrible disease has been around for 30yrs, ravaging people, The doctor told me many foreign donors that used to give nigeria financial aid are withdrawing their aid , then I asked myself, whats the government doing, then I thought again, more painfully, what are our multi millionaire private jet owners who are Bishops, Men of God who smell of so much riches, how much have they contributed to help with the struggle to discover a cure for this silent killer??Its been 30 yrs coming...then I thought again, not less than 10 of the most expensive and high class universities in Nigeria are owned by these people, not to help the poor but to further take from the rich who are the only ones who can patronize......I dont know what to believe anymore...pls somebody tell me whats going on..
Re: Should We Stand By And Look?.............. by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2012
My mum lives in ota, and atimes I go to visit her there.
When you are travelling from lagos to ota you have to pass through a narrow street lined with beggars.

I would never foget the day we were passing through that street in heavy traffic and we noticed his entourage of cars with blarring sirens beside us. While I was beside him, looking at all the filthy beggars I just wondered to myself ''if I was this rich wouldn't I do something about this? What do I as a man of God surronded by angels need all these cars for self?''

If theres one thing I am sure of its that there is no longer charity in churches, just hypocrisy, 419, and false teachings.
Its a pity the nigerian government can't do anything about this, unlike the UK government. And ofcourse the gullible will always remain gullible.
But hopfully their children won't. Thats all I have to say.
Re: Should We Stand By And Look?.............. by benodic: 10:35am On Oct 26, 2012
you can do much good by lighting a candle in the darkness instead of wasting your time cursing the darkness. it is never about others and what they do. it is all about you and what you are doing with the little you have. give the little help you can and more will be giving to you to give. forget about others and focus on what you can contribute in the fight against this deadly disease.
Re: Should We Stand By And Look?.............. by mumumugu(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2012
Naw, atheist blame pastors 4 misfortune
Re: Should We Stand By And Look?.............. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
benodic:
you can do much good by lighting a candle in the darkness instead of wasting your time cursing the darkness. it is never about others and what they do. it is all about you and what you are doing with the little you have. give the little help you can and more will be giving to you to give. forget about others and focus on what you can contribute in the fight against this deadly disease.

I guess u are right. Although its so hard seeing all this injustice and hypocrisy and ignoring it, we should be focused in adding value to our society. And that doesn't mean attacking all the time but helping those in need.

Thats what would make your life a fufilling one at the end of the day. I will always try to imbibe that.
Re: Should We Stand By And Look?.............. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
mumumugu: Naw, atheist blame pastors 4 misfortune

Yes, I blame pastors for the misfortune of people like u. Just take a good at your name and u will understand.

1 Like

Re: Should We Stand By And Look?.............. by plappville(f): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2012
I do not surport greedy Pastors, who have refused to copy Jesus. When He says "My kingdom is not of this world" Jesus had no reason to accumulate wealth/properties etc.
He only care about how He can bring us to Gods Kingdom. Satan is the god of this world, how will Christ struggle to accumulate wealth in a worthless world like this?

Even When Satan offered Him all the Kingdoms, He refuses. If na some long throat Pastors today.
They will quickly bow to Satan because they have no Hope for the future Kingdom of God.

They go ahead controling wealth instead of been controled by Christ Doctrine.

For the HIV victims, i think we all have a role to play. Its not only giving financial help.
Sharing the word of God with them can also help to sustain them. There is power in the word of God for those that wants to accept it.

We can still help to reduce the rate of spreading HIV by telling others the advantage of abstinence before Marriage.
Re: Should We Stand By And Look?.............. by barrymoore: 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2012
if everybody had to worry only about what they can do, how then can the ignorant ever see light?and for u mumumu.....whatever,from your username ,it shows clearly your perspective in life, u definitely dnt know ur right from ur left...

(1) (Reply)

Heaven / His Coming Is Near. Will U B Waiting / If Given A Chance To Stand B4 God With Three Requests What Would U Ask For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.