Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,291 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

6 Year-old Girl Delivers Her Mother Of A Baby Girl. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 6 Year-old Girl Delivers Her Mother Of A Baby Girl. (861 Views)

Housemaid Bites Mother of 3 To Death / Husband Flees As Wife Delivers Triplets In Enugu / Ogun Speaker’s Wife Delivers Triplets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Year-old Girl Delivers Her Mother Of A Baby Girl. by pellegrini1989: 6:46am On Oct 26, 2012
A six-year-old girl has been hailed a hero after she delivered her own sister when her mum went into labour in the bathroom – thanks to watching TV’s Casualty.
Schoolgirl Francesca kept a cool head when her mum went into labour and safely delivered her baby sister
Cool-headed Francesca Goodby (Corr) calmly talked her mum Kay, 28, through the sudden birth after her waters broke in the family’s bathroom.
The youngster helped her panicking mum with her breathing, encouraging her to push, fetched her clean towels and even made sure the umbilical cord was not wrapped round the baby’s head.
Incredibly, Francesca leapt into action after remembering an episode of Casualty when a woman suddenly went into labour.
After 12 minutes pushing, Francesca successfully delivered 6lbs 8oz bouncing baby Roisin (Corr) on July 17 this year.
Dad Michael, 33, missed the drama because he was downstairs on the phone to the emergency services when Kay went into labour.
But when two ambulances arrived, paramedics were stunned to find little Francesca holding her newborn sister after she had carefully wrapped her in a towel.
Proud mum Kay said: “I was so impressed with Francesca.
“She was remarkably cool and collected for a six-year-old. She had gone to bed but woke up when I started screaming.
“She came in and was like ‘mummy are you okay?’ and said ‘I can see the head’.
“She was keeping me calm and telling me where to put my hands and telling me to keep breathing.
“And as soon as she was born she got a towel and it was like she knew what to do, I didn’t say anything to her.
“Francesca had her wrapped up and made sure the cord wasn’t wrapped around her neck.
“My husband was downstairs on the phone for 12 minutes and a few minutes after she was born two ambulances turned up.

...continue at http://www.rosemarynkblog.com/6-year-old-girl-delivers-her-mother-of-a-baby-girl/

Re: 6 Year-old Girl Delivers Her Mother Of A Baby Girl. by Djtm(m): 6:55am On Oct 26, 2012
Wow! Who knows, that girl can make a good midwife later in the future. BTW, her sister will keep hearing "I took your delivery, remember?" any time she misbehaves.
Re: 6 Year-old Girl Delivers Her Mother Of A Baby Girl. by antontech(m): 7:15am On Oct 26, 2012
Good work,Tv helps sometimes
Re: 6 Year-old Girl Delivers Her Mother Of A Baby Girl. by Rooneyboy(m): 7:44am On Oct 26, 2012
I can just imagine the 6year old being a Nigerian ,na die get the mama be that.
Re: 6 Year-old Girl Delivers Her Mother Of A Baby Girl. by tpiadotcom: 7:59am On May 04, 2015
Djtm:
Wow! Who knows, that girl can make a good midwife later in the future. BTW, her sister will keep hearing "I took your delivery, remember?" any time she misbehaves.

True

(1) (Reply)

Is There No Way To Permanently Delete My Account On Nairaland? / What Do You Want To Do Before You Die? / Today Is World Sleeping Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.