Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Brazilian Student Sells Virginity For $780000 - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Brazilian Student Sells Virginity For $780000 (3534 Views)

Meet The Black Brazilian Mother Who Has Three White Children / Brazilian Woman Who Sold Virginity Was Scammed / Brazilian Student Sells Her Virginity For £500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian Student Sells Virginity For $780000 by AVmonster: 7:21am On Oct 26, 2012
A Brazilian girl Catarina Migliorini, 20, has auctioned off her virginity, as she claims, for charity. Migliorini will receive $780,000 for losing her virginity aboard a plane with Japanese big-spender "Nastu." The auction ended at 4 a.m. EST, Wednesday.
According to The Huffington Post, Migliorini, a physical education major, auctioned off her virginity online to a man from Japan known simply as "Natsu." NY Daily News reports Natsu overcame stiff competition from American bidders Jacks Miller and Jack Right, and a big-spender from India Rudra Chatterjee. Now she is due to meet with "Natsu" to consummate the commercial transaction that involved 15 bidders.
According to The Huffington Post, Natsu beat five other bidders after a hectic final day during which the price of the Brazilian girl's "chastity" leaped from a comparatively paltry $190,000 to $780,000.
Also part of the "Virgin's Wanted" project was a young man Alex Stepanov. The price for Stepanov's male "virginity" proved something we've all suspected: a man's "chastity" is not worth much more than its erogenous pound of flesh. Stepanov sold his "virginity" for a miserable $3000 to a Brazilian woman named "Nene B." It is hoped that "Nene B" had really expected to win and not only put up her bid as a joke.
Migliorini has told the media that she plans to donate 90 percent of the auction price to charities that would build homes in the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina. But according to The Huffington Post, the auctioneer, the Australian film maker Justin Sisely, is skeptical of Migliorini's claim. He said: "I was surprised she said that because in all my dealings with her, she made it clear that it was a business decision for her. Now, given how big this story is in Brazil, she's trapped. If she doesn't give any money to charity, she's going to look bad."
Some have speculated that Migliorini may be hoping that no "virtuous" charity would be willing to accept the "blood" money.
Catarina's action sparked outrage among the "old fashioned" majority who believe that a woman's "virtue" should never be sold off and that any transaction in which a woman's "chastity" is reduced to a trade commodity is prostitution.
Catarina has contested the damming label "prostitution" with the somewhat quaint logic that just as a man does not become a photographer because he snapped a picture once, a woman does not become a prostitute because she sold sex once. She said: "If you only do it once in your life then you are not a prostitute, just like if you take one amazing photograph it does not automatically make you a photographer. "
She defended her action with good business sense, saying:
"I saw this as a business. I have the opportunity to travel, to be part of a movie and get a bonus with it... The auction is just business, I'm a romantic girl at heart and believe in love. But this will make a big difference to my area."
However, she did not explain what sort of "business" this is if, as she insists, it is not prostitution, nor did she explain how many times one must earn a fortune from selling sex or snapping photos before one qualifies for professional status.
According to NY Daily News, the controversy surrounding the auction deepened when Migliorini revealed that save for the most critical moment, the transaction will be recorded by an Australian crew for a documentary film called "Virgins Wanted."
The "goods" will be delivered to the buyer on board a plane flying between Australia and the US. She will be interviewed before and after the the transaction, but the "intercourse" will not be filmed and the lucky (?) buyer has chosen to remain anonymous.
NY Daily News reports intimacy gadgets will not be allowed and "Natsu" must use a condom.
Natsu will also be tested for sexually transmitted diseases before the encounter.
Migliorini signed up to the project two years ago after she saw an ad for "Virgins Wanted."
According to The Mirror, this is not the first time someone has sold her virginity online. British student Rosie Reid, sold her virginity on eBay in 2004 to pay for her college education. A 44-year-old BT engineer paid her £8,400. Also, a 22-year-old student from San Diego offered her virginity on eBay and attracted bids of more than $3.7 million.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/335487#ixzz2ANpQb0oV
I see no difference between this and prostitution.. But its a free world anyway...

Re: Brazilian Student Sells Virginity For $780000 by Exponental(m): 7:53am On Oct 26, 2012
Saw dis same topic n same story with $485000.
U add commission 2 ur own post?
That girl will soon be a celebrity!
Re: Brazilian Student Sells Virginity For $780000 by AVmonster: 7:58am On Oct 26, 2012
Exponental: Saw dis same topic n same story with $485000.
U add commission 2 ur own post?
That girl will soon be a celebrity!
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/after-woman-sells-virginity-for-780000-here-are-the-results-of-our-prostitution-survey-8226025.html
Dont u mean £485000
Re: Brazilian Student Sells Virginity For $780000 by onyeego(m): 9:02am On Oct 26, 2012
Prostitution
Re: Brazilian Student Sells Virginity For $780000 by liam1103: 5:03am On Oct 29, 2012
I put sunshine in heart,ready to smile.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/eurogamer.gif[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Stevie Wonder To Divorce Second Wife / --- / Headies Award, The Worst Award I Ve Ever Watched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.