Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Berti Vogts Must Stay - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Berti Vogts Must Stay (820 Views)

NFF Reverts Oliseh’s Decision, Insists Enyeama Must Stay. / NFF Reverts Oliseh’s Decision, Insists Enyeama Must Stay. / Ex-Germany Boss Berti Vogts Tells Why Gareth Bale Won't Make It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Berti Vogts Must Stay by davidif: 7:22am On Jan 27, 2008
First of all, abeg before una go kill me, just cool off (breathe iiiiiiin and breathe out) before posting anything on this board.

This is the problem with Nigerian leadership; knee jerk reactions and spur of the moment decision making. They need to teach our leaders and administrators not to make decisions in the heat of the moment when they are all impassioned and emotional. They should step back for like a month, cool off, assess the situation from a broader perspective, gather info. from every corner and make decisions without outside influence (public sentiments) from the fans because we all know that fans are very fickle. When you win, you're the best thing since sliced bread but when you loose everything turns sour, that's why we don't need administrators who are unstable as the fans. Last time we hurried to make a rash decision was in the 2002 Nations Cup when we lost to Senegal, our brilliant minds at the FA thought it would be a great idea to disband the national team just 3 months before the World Cup and see what happened. Meanwhile Germany who got destroyed by England in Berlin 5-1 (worst defeat ever) and had a uneasy road to the world cup kept their cool and ignored public sentiment to fire the coach and they got all the way to the world cup finals loosing narrowly to Brazil (who knows what would have happened if Michael Ballack had not being suspended for the match?).

Another problem we have is lack of continuity in the coaching ranks. Who knows what we might have accomplished had we kept Clemens Westerhoff, we might have been on the same level with the big boys by now, instead, our geniuses at the FA decided to send him packing since they claimed that they couldn't afford to pay him (i guess Alex Akinyele, Sanni Toro and the others wanted part of the money that FIFA gave us for getting to the world cup and making the second round: over $10 million). It will take time for Berti Vogts to instill his style of play on us, the guy has only been here for a while, so you guys should be patient abeg.

Truth of the matter is that the only problem we had in the Nations cup was that we didn't have a good midfield to supply our strike force with the ball, we shouldn't just overhaul the entire team because of what the fans think, remember leaders are meant to lead and do what's best for the organization and not do what the fans think is right. Also speaking of leaders, its not Berti Vogts fault that a decade after Ammunike's retirement we still can't find a replacement in a country of 140 million. Instead of investing in our soccer program by establishing soccer academies like the highly regarded Clairefontaine academy in France, they embezzle it and expect the coach to work miracles out of thin air. Remember, this man has very few resources to work with, and he doesn't have the right personnel (players) for his style of play. He doesn't have a good league so he can scout players, he has to be sending his own people to be taking trips to obscure places like Cyprus, Malta to see if there is any Nigerian playing there worthy of the Super Eagles shirt. Abeg make una leave am jare.

ehn ehn, by the way, do you know how much it will take to buy out his contract? you all would have to donate your yearly salary for four years to do that and since you don't want to just shut up. The man has a $1.5 million buyout clause so oya everybody let's start donating.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by doyindamus: 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2008
Me I will object on principle. I say we should live and die with our Local Coaches.

It should be etched in stone. Even if Alex Fergusson offered to coach us for free.

Fa fa fa FOUL MBA. We no want.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by davidif: 10:02am On Jan 28, 2008
Please stay Berti Vogts.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by bibiking1(m): 12:34pm On Jan 28, 2008
BERTI VOGTS IS NOT OUR PROBLEM
INFACT HE MUST STAY FOR US TO DEVELOP AS A NATION
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by davidif: 12:26am On Feb 02, 2008
You see how fickle fans are, when the situation was dire they were all screaming, now they've calmed down. If we win the nations cup, they would keep there mouths shut. Fans emotions are just as unstable as the sea that is tossed to and fro, that's why leaders should always be detached from fans as far as possible so that they can make objective decisions.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by folahann(m): 12:51am On Feb 02, 2008
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by davidif: 5:53am On Feb 03, 2008
This folahann guy or however they spell your name should go get a life or something, remember, football is JUST A GAME, i don't understand the whining, bitching and crying on your part over just a game where some adults are being paid to kick a leather ball around. Let's just hope that you are not one of those shallow kids who are so obsessed with a lousy sport and forget that its just for entertainment purposes.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by folahann(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2008
@ davidif
It actually pained you, well all that you thought of me is wrong.
how could you allow Vogts to stay; Nigeria is not a country to build team at this stage but a country to win trophies. If a coach can not use the kind of players Nigeria have to win any team in Africa then he should be thrown to the dogs.
We can understand south Africa's situation, they are the country to build a team and it's working for them. Nigeria should be ashamed
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by otokx(m): 7:47am On Feb 04, 2008
Berti Vogts should stay and face trial in a court of law for incompetence. He choose the wrong people and then left them to their own devices. We should stay and die if need be with our local coaches - siasia or eguavoen or even keshi.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by davidif: 8:15am On Feb 04, 2008
@otokx
If any nigerian wants to be boss of the Super eagles they should go get their UEFA A-License and a UEFA Pro License before they can coach at this stage.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by DualCore1: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2008
whether he stays o, or goes o, nothing do am, contract na contract he is getting the millions angry
f#$k Glo
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by slimlady(f): 1:48am On Feb 08, 2008
i think davidiff is right. berti vogts should stay. all of you screaming that we need a local coach how sure are u that when nfa sacks berti they will bring a local one? they would just go and bring sum other european guy!!!!! but as a whole i think the nnigerian team have a problem i think most of them are playing for playing sake, they aare not committed and they really just dont care! they are even eager to just go back to their club sides, imagine? but all d same give berti some time to learn from his mistakes and produce good results. at this point i think the team needs some stabilty! and then maybe do sumthing about the nfa!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2008
God,this thread dey burst my head!!

How can we even suggest that Rusty Vogts stay and manage our team,na wa for some people ooo!!.A man that's so full of himself and completely lacks ideas.How can we want to move forward with a reject.Did you guys not see what this dude did to scotland,na God save that country from this same Vogts.I don't even know where to start from here,all i know is that eguavon would have done a better job than this clown we got.

Omo, Egypt should be the No. 1 team in the continent.

Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by A40(m): 2:51pm On Feb 08, 2008
And disqualify us for the next world cup.The guy is bereft of ideas jare the eagles i have seen under him are a confused eagles with no flair or pattern how do you explain camping in Malaga? playing Australia,Mexico,Switzerland in prepartion for an african tournament its like writing exam for maths and studying english
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 08, 2008
A-40,You too much!!.We have the squad to beat any country in africa,to think we STRUGGLED to get into the quarter finals,that mean say the matter don tie wrapper!!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Stay by A40(m): 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2008
@Klemente
The guy is shyte jare its obvious his tactics are rusty if he failed with Scotland fine cos we have a better team than them but he failed here not just with results but the style of play even i would do a better job

(1) (Reply)

Maradona Vs Pele / Tickets For Manchester United Vs Portsmouth Match In Abuja / What Was Oliseh Saying After Scoring Against Spain,,france 98

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.