Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

How Do You Treat Your MUM??? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Treat Your MUM??? (801 Views)

When Doctor Asks You "Are You Sexually Active?" In Front Of Your Mum / Funny Pics Of How Some Management Treat Their Employees / How Will You Treat Your Current Boss If You Become His Superior In Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Treat Your MUM??? by Mrprudent(m): 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
My mom only had oneeye. I hated her… She was such an embarrassment. She cooked for students and teachers to support the family.
There was this one dayduring elementary school where my momcame to say hello to me. I was so embarrassed.
How could she do this to me? I ignored her, threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school oneof my classmates said, ‘EEEE, your mom only has one eye!’
I wanted to bury myself. I also wanted my mom to just disappear. I confronted her that day and said, ‘ If you’reonly gonna make me a laughing stock, why don’t you just die?’
My mom did not respond… I didn’t evenstop to think for a second about what I had said, because I wasfull of anger. I was oblivious to her feelings.
I wanted out of that house, and have nothing to do with her. So I studied real hard, got a chance to go abroad to study.
Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. I had kids of my own. I was happy with my life, my kids and the comforts. Then one day, my Mother came to visit me. She hadn’t seen me in years and she didn’t even meet her grandchildren.
When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I yelled at her for coming over uninvited.I screamed at her, ‘How dare you come to my house and scaremy children!’ GET OUTOFHERE! NOW!!!’
And to this, my mother quietly answered, ‘Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address,’ and she disappeared out of sight.
One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So I lied to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After there union, I went to the old shack just out of curiosity.
My neighbours said that she died. I did notshed a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.
‘My dearest son,
I think of you all the time. I’m sorry that I came to your house and scared your children.
I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may notbe able to even get out of bed to see you. I’m sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to youwhen you were growing up.
You see……..when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As amother, I couldn’t stand watching you having to grow up with one eye. So I gaveyou mine.
I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.
With all my love to you,
My mother.’

They are a blessing to you.

We only have one mom, so love her, you will come to cry when she's gone.
and
write,"I LOVE U MOM"if you are proud of her...
Re: How Do You Treat Your MUM??? by 234GT(m): 6:42am On Oct 28, 2012
I dont think this happened to the poster. It is just a beautiful write up. I love my mum. She still takes care of me like a baby, despite the fact that I don get goatie. She is the best mum in the world.
Re: How Do You Treat Your MUM??? by coldgate(f): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2012
Never really thought of it this way. I remember growing u and feeling slightly embarrassed whenever my mom came to school shabbily dressed. I sometimes feel like running away.But that was when i was in Secondary School. As i grew up, I came to understand how much she has sacrificed for me to be wht I am. She did'nt buy new cloths because my school fees needed to be paid. To all Mothers who daily make sacrifices for their children- God Bless You. And for children who are yet to come to the realization that mothers are rare gems, God Bless you and open your eyes before it is too late.I love you, Mum!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Treat Your MUM??? by Showkee(m): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
I Love my Mum, each and every time i think of her, am always happy and wish i could repay her all her efforts.
Flash back from primary shool through out University, at home when there will be no meal to take, during those time she sold her cloth because of us and ......
Mum, i wish God help me to pay you back. I love u, you are the Best Mother a child can have.
Re: How Do You Treat Your MUM??? by Temi231(f): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2012
My mother is the best mother in the world, without God and her i wont be where i am today. I remember one day when i was in high school; then i was coming from inside the sun and she has come back from the office, seeing me for sweating she bursted into tears and i now ask her what happen she said she doesn't want her children to be working under the sun. What a mother. I will always love my mum and cherish her from the bottom of my heart. When i cant eat she wont eat, when i cant sleep she wont sleep; as old as i am she still curious about my dressing. Always want to make change and want us to make a right combination. I LOVE YOU MUM

(1) (Reply)

Workplace Exploitation @ Starville Children School, Gwarimpa, Abuja / Best Jobs N Careers Mobile Application / AM 22yrs Old, And This Is The Perfect Advice @22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.