Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? (1517 Views)

Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / Why Is African Traditional Religion Seen As Demonic? / Christianity, Islam, African Traditional Religion, Which Is More Tolerant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:49am On Oct 28, 2012
i say it will be within the next 2 decades.

Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 28, 2012
Their is nothing like traditional religion because it was man made and what ever you worship and you can see is not God is the traditional religionists that should revert to Islam which has been in practice from the time of Adam till the moment and shall continue to be the order of all time Mon sha Allah.
Don't die except you are a Muslim because Allah does not know any religion nor will he accept any religion except islam
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:20am On Oct 28, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ islam , christianity and judaism are all man-made and have man-founders.

islam : muhammad

christianity: jesus

judaism: moses

islam is a recent religion that has existed only for the past 1300 years, whearas all the PAgan/tribal Traidtional religions of the world have existed since time immemoral. our Traditional religions do not have man-founders or man-written books, because they are of divine providence. from the Arctic region to South America to Polynesia, India, China, Australia and South Africa, the Iberian Peninsula, Japan, etc., the Ancient Pagan religions are spread all over the World and NONE of them have man-founders.

we are the true religions, the religions that revere the Spiritual Forces/ the Gods unlike your man-worship religions. we have existed since the Stone-Age and before and will exist forever. you man-made slavers religions will die out soon.

Allah is the Ancient Arabian Pagan Creator God and one day even the Arab Bedouin tribespeople will return to the true faith.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ islam , christianity and judaism are all man-made and have man-founders.

islam : muhammad

christianity: jesus

judaism: moses

islam is a recent religion that has existed only for the past 1300 years, whearas all the PAgan/tribal Traidtional religions of the world have existed since time immemoral. our Traditional religions do not have man-founders or man-written books, because they are of divine providence. from the Arctic region to South America to Polynesia, India, China, Australia and South Africa, the Iberian Peninsula, Japan, etc., the Ancient Pagan religions are spread all over the World and NONE of them have man-founders.

we are the true religions, the religions that revere the Spiritual Forces/ the Gods unlike your man-worship religions. we have existed since the Stone-Age and before and will exist forever. you man-made slavers religions will die out soon.

Allah is the Ancient Arabian Pagan Creator God and one day even the Arab Bedouin tribespeople will return to the true faith.
Mine is to tell u not to associate partner with God cos all d gods you worship will deny you on the day of judgement.
Moreso tell me one thing ur god
has created because my God created the heaven and the earth
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2012
Op, would you pls wake up. So you want modern civilization to revert back to the ancient ways of sacrificing Twins to please a diety, killing humans all because of an hearsay abomination, slavery or ritual killings, bowing down to graven images or having faith in probability all in the name of divination.

Pls think twice
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2012
lekibraky:
Mine is to tell u not to associate partner with God cos all d gods you worship will deny you on the day of judgement.
Moreso tell me one thing ur god
has created because my God created the heaven and the earth

there is no day of judgement and there is no heaven and no hell. that is a figment of your imagination that your man-prophets brainwashed you into beliveing.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:33am On Oct 28, 2012
teeo: Op, would you pls wake up. So you want modern civilization to revert back to the ancient ways of sacrificing Twins to please a diety, killing humans all because of an hearsay abomination, slavery or ritual killings, bowing down to graven images or having faith in probability all in the name of divination.

Pls think twice

what is this modern civilization that you talk about? enslaving billions of people and sending them aboard crowded slave ships to their doom, all in the name of religion and civilzation? or forcibly converting and massacring people in the name of religion? is that the civilization you talk about? are we Pagans against progress and development? let me remind you knave, that it was we Pagans who started MAths, scinece, astronomy ,etc. we were the ones who built the first great Universities and Civilzations in Egypt, Greece, Rome, India, China, Timbuctoo, Nok West Africa, etc.. we had great Scientists , mathematicians and philosophers.

daresay i remind you that it was the church that banned the progressive sciences in europe during the dark ages? when saying that the Earth revolved around the Sun or the Earth is round, could mark you as a heretic and send you to a horrendous death on the stake. or practicing herbology and medicine could count you as a witch! is that the civilization you talk about?

sacrificing twins? pray tell me specifically which Pagan religion sacrificed twins?? you have clearly been brainwashed by the lies of your pastor. angry
human sacrifice was done in some religions, but only to POWs and criminals. it was the norm of war back then. what is the difference between executing someone at the gallows or at the altar? it is the same thing! the only difference being is that this case has the added benifit of the sacrificial ritual being completed. it is not really necessary and can be done away with. depends on your tribal custom. sacrfice is an ancient philosophical and spiritual ritual involving the balancing of the forces and the give-and-take concept. as for slavery, dont dare rais that word in front of us. it was you christians and muslims who mass enslaved , kidnapped and raped people and ill treated them as slaves. and that too sanctioned by your religious institutions and you enslaved people based on skin colour. atleast the Pagan Romans , were not racist and their slaves were freed after some years of service and they had laws protecting their basic rights. many also rose to the Senate and Governorship. same case, with the Pagan Mongols.

as far as idolatory is concerned, let me get this straight. there is nothing wrong with idol worship. It is not the wood or stone that we worship, but what it represents. the abrahamists are just intent upon spreading lies about us. Let it be known that there is no true devotion involved in worshipping 'thin air'. We humans are materialistic in nature. We need to touch, sense, smell or see something b4 we entertain any feelings towards it. Even the sly and crafty roman catholics, though involved in man worship (unlyk us Pagans who worship God), still keep an idol of jesus in their place of worship, though they shamelessly deny idolatory outside.
AGikuyu Pagan traditionalists from Kenya on the other hand, though partial monotheists (they have lesser spirit-Gods), worship 'God'/Ngai by worshipping him through his creations by worshiping nature and Mt. Kilimanjaro. This is also a form of idolatory and it is good. even the most fanatic of muslims sees an 'image' of God in their mind, while praying. It is just in our human nature and how it was meant to be..

Our Pagan religions have philosphy, spirituality and involve the sciences. ours is the only path forward towards the future progress and development of our Nation. i say look at Pagan Japan, the most ideal Nation in the world. a perfect balance of religion, culture and technological advancement.

Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 28, 2012
The only thing i got from all the mobo jumbo you pasted above was which pagan religion killed twins. I guess you studied to much Western History and forgot to learn our own Local history.

Which pagans supported killing twins, which pagans believe others are slaves(osu) which pagans were cannibals and which pagans send innocent female children into the evil forest.
You long posts cant decive me. Try harder or better. I used simplier grammar.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 28, 2012
Pagan japan or oppressive japan.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:52am On Oct 28, 2012
teeo: The only thing i got from all the mobo jumbo you pasted above was which pagan religion killed twins. I guess you studied to much Western History and forgot to learn our own Local history.

Which pagans supported killing twins, which pagans believe others are slaves(osu) which pagans were cannibals and which pagans send innocent female children into the evil forest.
You long posts cant decive me. Try harder or better. I used simplier grammar.

dont escape my question. if you have a proper reply, answer or else accept your defeat.

i asked you which Pagan religion killed twins and to provide proofs but instead you just starting stating the same rubbish statement. angry

The Osu is a Igbo caste system and is not slavery. The Osu enjoyed specail protection and privileges because they were dedicated to the Gods. there are similar systems in ncient Rome and in INdia (even today). they were not forced to do any labour or anything. infact people used to fear them because they were closer to the Spiritual Forces/Gods since they resided in/neear Shrines. i cant believe you take out this lame menial excuse to justify the slavery and genocide of billions of Africans aas coomanded by the pope and colonial powers. SHAME ON YOU! are you even from Africa angry
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:55am On Oct 28, 2012
teeo: Pagan japan or oppressive japan.

hahahahaha LOSERS TALK! rich Japan, progressiive Japan, DEVELOPED JAPAN, INDPENDANT JAPAN, Hi-TECH JAPAN!

even the keyboard you use is made by PAGAN Japanese! grin
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

dont escape my question. if you have a proper reply, answer or else accept your defeat.

i asked you which Pagan religion killed twins and to provide proofs but instead you just starting stating the same rubbihs statement. angry

The Osu is a Igbo caste system and is not slavery. The Osu enjoyed specail protection and privileges because they were dedicated to the Gods. there are similar systems in ncient Rome and in INdia (even today). they were not forced to do any labour or anything. infact people used to fear them because they were closer to the Spiritual Forces/Gods since they resided in/neear Shrines. i cant believe you take out this lame menial excuse to justify the slavery and genocide of billions of Africans aas coomanded by the pope and colonial powers. SHAME ON YOU! are you even from Africa angry
The calabars used to kill twins. Defeat, pls google is ur friend, google Mary Slessor and find out more from that. Osu were protected so they dont infiltrate the so called pure caste and those in India that practise caste society pls hope u remember that they are pagans.
Africa is better with true true religion.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
teeo:
The calabars used to kill twins. Defeat, pls google is ur friend, google Mary Slessor and find out more from that. Osu were protected so they dont infiltrate the so called pure caste and those in India that practise caste society pls hope u remember that they are pagans.
Africa is better with true true religion.

first of all, mary slessor was a christian missionary who spread christianity in Nigeria. so her account cannot be trusted. another reason is that i read her account and sheis giving the peoples words as spoken in Swahilli. since when did Ijaw people ever speak Swahilli, pray tell me? anywayz if the Ijaw did kill newborn twins, again it is a matter of their own customs. it probably has roots in the fact that twins are more susceptible to disease due to similar genetics and traits. now how can these minor isolated killings of (newborn twins, NOT fully developed adults), be compared to the lare scale man-slaughter, r.ape , enslavement and genocide done in the name of abrahamic religions ALL OVER THE WORLD?! and also the subsequent extinction of many indigenous ppls. THERE IS JUST NO COMPARISION! angry angry

as for Osu, atleast they had rights and privileges and were not ILL TREATED SLAVES! angry
wtf is your point?!

as for the INdian caste system, it was a governmental system of the INdian CIvilzation. in the Early Vedic Age, the caste system was not hereditary. it only became hereditary during the Later Vedic Age, due to rampant corruption and abuse of power. plz dont act the fool. this is administrative and ahs nothing to do with religion. Also even the lowest of the low castes was a paid employee, they only just didnt have the right to choose their job, regardless of caste.
and the caste systm existes a; over the world. Even the christian british and french had an elaborate caste system of aristocracy and serfs.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

first of all, mary slessor was a christian missionary who spread christianity in Nigeria. so her account cannot be trusted. another reason is that i read her account and sheis giving the peoples words as spoken in Swahilli. since when did Ijaw people ever speak Swahilli, pray tell me? anywayz if the Ijaw did kill newborn twins, again it is a matter of their own customs. it probably has roots in the fact that twins are more susceptible to disease due to similar genetics and traits. now how can these minor isolated killings of (newborn twins, NOT fully developed adults), be compared to the lare scale man-slaughter, r.ape , enslavement and genocide done in the name of abrahamic religions ALL OVER THE WORLD?! and also the subsequent extinction of many indigenous ppls. THERE IS JUST NO COMPARISION! angry angry

as for Osu, atleast they had rights and privileges and were not ILL TREATED SLAVES! angry
wtf is your point?!

as for the INdian caste system, it was a governmental system of the INdian CIvilzation. in the Early Vedic Age, the caste system was not hereditary. it only became hereditary during the Later Vedic Age, due to rampant corruption and abuse of power. plz dont act the fool. this is administrative and ahs nothing to do with religion. Also even the lowest of the low castes was a paid employee, they only just didnt have the right to choose their job, regardless of caste.
and the caste systm existes a; over the world. Even the christian british and french had an elaborate caste system of aristocracy and serfs.

Now who have finally gone against your claim. Paganism is evil. Those who killed the twins stopped because of Mary Slessor who brought christianity. If she hadnt taught them the ills of that act of paganism who knows how many illustrious people we wld have lost.
The Indians who practise caste are not generally accepted its based majorily in the Hindu paganism which is a worship of Idols and graven Images. The Muslims and Christians in India do not confirm to Caste systems Mr.
As regards your genocide, tribal wars have always existed and paganism didnt end it. Go through the history of intertribal wars amongst various clans and villages. Disputes would never end, dont u know that gods even claim to do battle. So pls try something better.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
teeo:

Now who have finally gone against your claim. Paganism is evil. Those who killed the twins stopped because of Mary Slessor who brought christianity. If she hadnt taught them the ills of that act of paganism who knows how many illustrious people we wld have lost.
The Indians who practise caste are not generally accepted its based majorily in the Hindu paganism which is a worship of Idols and graven Images. The Muslims and Christians in India do not confirm to Caste systems Mr.
As regards your genocide, tribal wars have always existed and paganism didnt end it. Go through the history of intertribal wars amongst various clans and villages. Disputes would never end, dont u know that gods even claim to do battle. So pls try something better.

NO you are wrong. CHRISTIANITY IS EVIL. ok let us say she did stop twin killing among the Calabar section of the Ijaw. but at what cost? christianity was the justification of colonialism, the steaing of resources and enslaving of Nigerians and shipping them off to the New World. just imagine how many MORE illustrious Ijaws we have lost to the slave trade and to a sorry life on those plantations and the constant torture and enstrangement from their families , culture and identity that they had to face.just imagine the millions of Ijaw we have lost to the trade. and you compare this to the killing of a few newborn twins here and there. also pray tell me, what is the possibility of having twins among Ijaw 1 in 10,000 ?! look at the state of Nigeria and Africa and all other 3rd world countries? just imagine thenumber of illustrious lives we have lost because of christianity and colonialism, why did the spanish invade phillipines wasnt it in the name of the inquisition and to spread christianity? what did they do then? destroy the country, its culture, its resources, etc.

WHY IS JAPAN SO SUCCESSFUL TODAY because they were about the only ethnic nation in the world to recognise christianity for what it truly is. they destoyed christianity at its ROOT! they recognized the threat it was to the Japanese people and so escaped colonialism. and as a result, they were the only non european naiton to fight on equal terms in WWII. (fo more info: https://www.nairaland.com/953389/let-us-work-strategy-fellow )

the caste system has nothing to do with idolatory. to hell with your amateurish statements. the caste system existed around the world n bygone days. it was part of the human system of trial and error to develop a governing system. muslims and christians in INdia have neither tribe nor caste. they form the most backward of societies in INdia. many Indian muslims are also involved in islamic mujahideen and other al-qaeda affiliated terrorist organizations. most are iliterate as well.

Troba;l wars existed, but they were fought on equal terms. whereas christian perpetuated wars based on senseless matters such as religion. christianity and islam shed blood, IN THE NAME OF RELIGION. NO PAGAN RELIGION TO DATE HAS EVERY SHED BLOOD OR TRIED TO IMPOSE ITS BELIEFS ON OTHER PEOPLES AND DESTROY THEIR IDENTITIES, IN THE NAME OF RELIGION!
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by pastormustwacc: 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
The pagan scored most of the important points on this thread.

While I do not support paganism. I wish the christians will do some research too and know some hidden truths about christianity.

But no, they mainly specialize in perishing in ignorance. And gazzilions of christians have died in that ignorance, and many more wil die too in ignorance.

I am a christian though but not a stooopid one.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2012
^

Thank You. i like sensible and reasonable people, regardless of religion.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by pastormustwacc: 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
Many people are ignorant of the origins of a lot of things, and they just run their mouth anyhow.

I don't really blame them, it is a trend handed down to us by our parents.

Many people don't know any history of the catholic church, but if you say anything against their pope, they can kill you.
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2012
i dont blame Nigerian christians. its just pure brainwash and what society and parents will say. undecided
Re: How May Years Will It Take For Nigeria To 100% Revert To Traditional Religion ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
people are such sheep. they always like to play follow the leader. .

(1) (Reply)

Django Unchained ( World War Three ) / . / Who Are the Pastors That BOMB TB Joshua's SCOAN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.