Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 (20260 Views)

Who Was Nigeria's Best Player At The AWC (Namibia 2014)? / AWC 2012 Semi-Final: Nigeria Vs South Africa (0 - 1) On Wed November-7-2012 / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (3 - 1) On Saturday November-4-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
Big Congrats to our ladies.
Una Well done.
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by Psalter: 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
Good one. Congrats and keep it up.
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by naijaboylive(m): 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
those gals will go far although its quite early 2 predict bt my instinct is shapa dan octopus'
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by 2winxcom(m): 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
congrts 2 our gurls.
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by henchamb(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
africa and caf is a mess. from europe it took me up to 5 hours to see this score. i was searching aimlessly in the so called caf site to see the score but could not. isa hayotu should pls go if he cant upgrade caf it. well done the falcons. my cameroun neighbour must be crying now after both of us watched their dismal performance here in london 2012
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by pecopeco: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
semid4lyfe: An old rivalry will be rekindled when the Super Falcons of Nigeria confront their Camerounian counterparts, the Indomitable Lionesses tomorrow in their first match of the ongoing 2012 African Women Championship in Equatorial Guinea.

Nigeria and Cameroun by virtue of being semi-finalists in the 2010 edition of the competition were drawn by in the preliminary round and only saw action in the final round of the Qualifiers.

The Lionesses accounted for Ghana's absence in this competition with a 9-8 aggregate win on penalty after both legs finished 1-1 apiece while Nigeria defeated Zimbabwe 6-0 on aggregate to qualify for the competition.

At the last AWC, Nigeria and Cameroun met in the semi-final with the Super Falcons inflicting a humiliating 5-1 defeat on the Camerounian ladies but some months later, the Indomitable Lionesses defeated the Nigerian gals 2-1 in Yaounde for a 3-3 aggregate and then went on to prevail via penalties to qualify for the London 2012 Olympics.

Hence, the setting in Bata on Monday, when Nigeria takes on Cameroun will bear a semblance of a revenge mission as the Nigerian team will seek to avenge their ouster from the Summer Olympics while the Camerounians will want to defeat the Nigerians again to prove their superiority and that the victory in the Olympic Qualifier was not a fluke.

The Super Falcons are without Desire Oparanozie, Osinachi Ohale and Faith Ikidi in this tournament but the Camerounians tormentor-in-chief when they met in the 2010 AWC, Perpetua Nkwocha, is still very much around and she's set a lofty 15-goals target for herself in this competition and will want to open her goal-scoring account tomorrow while the Lionesses' team remains largely unchanged from the team that featured in the 2010 AWC and the 2012 Olympics.

Apart from the historical rivalry and bragging rights, the stakes in this match has also being heightened by the Bakassi issue. Also, this match is important for both teams as a win tomorrow is 50% guaranty of a spot in the semi-finals as the other group opponents, Ethiopia and Ivory Coast don't have female football pedigree.

The Super Falcons play more of "flair" football depending on nimble footwork, skill, speed and the individual ability of players like Glory Iroka, Ngozi Okobi, Esther Sunday, Stella Mbachu, Ebere Ngozi, Perpetua Nkwocha, Helen Ukaonu etc while their opponents play more as a team and rely less on individual flair. Like their male counterparts, the lionesses are very physical, brawny, tenacious and workaholic, full of running and have a "never say die" spirit.

Nigeria and Cameroun are no strangers to themselves at this level and have in fact played themselves many times with either sides recording wins and losses so history may not count for much as both teams square up tomorrow.

Kick-off is 2.30PM Nigerian time (3.30PM South African time) and it'd be on SuperSport 3.

So what's your prediction? Drop your comments/opinions or just wish the Super Falcons Goodluck tongue

Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by Emmyk(m): 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
Congrats
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by toprealman: 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
henchamb: africa and caf is a mess. from europe it took me up to 5 hours to see this score. i was searching aimlessly in the so called caf site to see the score but could not. isa hayotu should pls go if he cant upgrade caf it. well done the falcons. my cameroun neighbour must be crying now after both of us watched their dismal performance here in london 2012
My brother, africa needs an urgent reawakening. We are left at the mercy of foreign sources to keep abreast of happenings in our continent. Why will they not denigrate or use it as a weapon against us.
The last All african games in Mozambique was really laughable. The 'official' website was more of an online retail store than what it was primarily set up for.
BBC and Aljazera are quoted as sources in our local news for happening in Nigeria and other parts of africa, yet someone out there thinks this is alright!!!!
Super falcons all the way o jare.
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by lakeside025(m): 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
toprealman:
My brother, africa needs an urgent reawakening. We are left at the mercy of foreign sources to keep abreast of happenings in our continent. Why will they not denigrate or use it as a weapon against us.
The last All african games in Mozambique was really laughable. The 'official' website was more of an online retail store than what it was primarily set up for.
BBC and Aljazera are quoted as sources in our local news for happening in Nigeria and other parts of africa, yet someone out there thinks this is alright!!!!
Super falcons all the way o jare.
Imagine that country call equatorial guinea?... They don't deserve to host †ђξ competition.. African women championship for that matter.. Bad officiating, bad pitch, bad camera coverage. Caf αη∂ issa hiyyatou ιѕ a mess.. I guess south african or an egyptian will be good for the caf president sit..
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
shocked shocked..btw onila i saw u
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by onila(f): 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: shocked shocked..btw onila i saw u

besides you lost
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by dadatope(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
My pple let's hope 4 d best...[color=#006600][/color]
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
Congrats to our darling Super Falcons! Despite the dodgy officiating, our ladies were able to pull off the win. I think Nkwocha has around 30 goals in the AWC history.
@ toprealman: It is indeed shameful. FIFA and UEFA's websites are a million times better than what CAF has to offer. It means that CAF's leadership 'chops' most of the revenue that acrues from commercial sponsorship and tv rights.
I suggest a radical change in CAF's leadership; Issa Hayatou has to go. He has been in office for over 20 years, its time for new ideas to transform African football.
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 30, 2012
Super falcons win today is their 41st in 48 AWC matches. The team has drawn 5 and lost only 2 matches. The losses were to Ghana in 2002 and Equatorial Guinea in 2008.

Nigeria's last group game against Ivory Coast will be the 50th match played by the Super Falcons in AWC history.
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by kaycrystal(m): 1:17am On Oct 30, 2012
emperor issa hayatou has refused to let go of African football, it was in the news last month that CAF executive committee amended their constitution to allow him contest another four year term, taking him to about 30 years in charge, not minding the quality or lack of it that his reign has brought to our football. undecided

meanwhile, congrats to falcons, wish them all da best...

1 Like

Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by eride: 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
View Į̸̸̨ƭ all here http:///QQCtN6.
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by Remmyjex(m): 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
Wts d date and time of d next match?
Re: AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 by lakeside025(m): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
Remmyjex: Wts d date and time of d next match?

Their next match ιѕ against ethiopia on †ђξ 1st of november. Kick off time ιѕ 5:30pm nigeria time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Dream Team: Match Schedule (Rio 2016 Olympics) / Libyan Coach Apologizes After Accusing Nigeria Of Using "Juju" To Win Games / Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.