Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

The Best Way To Learn/understand MVC In PHP - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Best Way To Learn/understand MVC In PHP (1782 Views)

Free Csharp, Mvc, Jquery And More Tutorials Online / Download Asp.net Mvc 5 Essential Training Video Tutorial / Running Python Codes In Php (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Learn/understand MVC In PHP by creativeEngr: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hello fellow Programmers,

Please I need the following information, possibly from anyone who may have successfully implemented MVC framework in any PHP web application;

1. What is the best way to understand and apply MVC approach in a Web Application?
2. Which framework would you recommend for people new to PHP? My research revealed CodeIgniter and Yii as ideal and better than Zend. What's your take?
3. Pls provide any other useful tips or advise that my help programmers who are new to MVC.

Many thanks in advance.
Re: The Best Way To Learn/understand MVC In PHP by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
You will have to google and search for MVC itself in Web Application, as its too elaborate to explain, there are so man design patterns that make up for MVC

2. If your research is centered around easy to grasp yes Yii is a lot easier but not better than Zend,Zend itself incredibly powerful but killed with a lot of complexity i used Zend Framework 2 to build a website and its good enough for me, but it all depends on what frameworks suits you for me, its Zend and yii

3. to fully get MVC, you must know your OOP, Design Patterns, also look into some diagrams on how MVC works, that's how i learnt the abstraction will be alot simpler to grasp if you get a pictorial overview of the internal operations.

N.B: also expect to be frustrated,cuz its not easy but not impossible,if its took difficult take a break and try again. but OOP and PHP5 is very vital, Namespacing,PSR-01, have fun.

you can always holla me
Re: The Best Way To Learn/understand MVC In PHP by creativeEngr: 10:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
Many thanks @pc_guru. I truly appreciate your help. I hope I wouldn't be asking too much...

1. I started learning codeIgniter framework because I discovered OpenCart framework (www.opencart.com) e-commerce platform was similar (I'm actually trying to customise some of its features). Do you know if this is correct?

2. You made mention of diagrams for understanding MVC. Can you please email any material(s) besides what may already be available on the websites of yii or codeigniter? My email is dearlekan@gmail.com.

Many thanks again bro.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Dietel's Java How To Program 10th Edition Online Chapters? / Back-end Development Is So Boring And I Hate It. / Java Or .net Mvc Frameworks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.