Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? (819 Views)

Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan / Jose Mourinho Is Chelsea’s New Boss / Fernando Torres Wins Golden Boot At Euro 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
Okay granted, he 'was' a great striker. Why else would one of the biggest clubs on EPL buy him for 50mil pounds

At a point when Chelsea was on a bender, a lot of us thought Torres would be our savior . . . But alas, we learnt that there are some problems money can't solve. Little David Luiz sure did prove to a better buy!

Initially, we thought it was the pressure. I mean 50mil is no small money. Maybe (just maybe) he's bewildered by how much he's worth and is slacking from the fear . . of course no one expects a 50mil buy to slack for too long . . . But we were patient with him during his goal drought. We gave him time . . . but NOTHING changed!

And then DD left and we said, YES. Now he's got to pick up the slack cos he know he's ALL we've got now (no offence to Daniel S)!

He did recover from his goal-drought, thanks to Roberto DM (I think undecided ) . . . But I'm sure we can all agree that his occasional goals does not quite make up for his constant blunders!

To think he was once rated as one of the best strikers in EPL . . . How did he achieve that?

He plays like a 10-year old, learning how to tackle!

I think it's time Chelsea realize their mistake and buy themselves a REAL striker! FT will be our doom if we don't do something ASAP.

So 50 mil is down the drain . . we win some, we lose some!

Better late than sorry . . .
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by coogar: 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ujujoan: Okay granted, he 'was' a great striker. Why else would one of the biggest clubs on EPL buy him for 50mil pounds

At a point when Chelsea was on a bender, a lot of us thought Torres would be our savior . . . But alas, we learnt that there are some problems money can't solve. Little David Luiz sure did prove to a better buy!

Initially, we thought it was the pressure. I mean 50mil is no small money. Maybe (just maybe) he's bewildered by how much he's worth and is slacking from the fear . . of course no one expects a 50mil buy to slack for too long . . . But we were patient with him during his goal drought. We gave him time . . . but NOTHING changed!

And then DD left and we said, YES. Now he's got to pick up the slack cos he know he's ALL we've got now (no offence to Daniel S)!

He did recover from his goal-drought, thanks to Roberto DM (I think undecided ) . . . But I'm sure we can all agree that his occasional goals does not quite make up for his constant blunders!

To think he was once rated as one of the best strikers in EPL . . . How did he achieve that?

He plays like a 10-year old, learning how to tackle!

I think it's time Chelsea realize their mistake and buy themselves a REAL striker! FT will be our doom if we don't do something ASAP.

So 50 mil is down the drain . . we win some, we lose some!

Better late than sorry . . .

Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2012
LMAO grin grin You and these your glorified smileys . . .
I beg I don tire for the guy jor!
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by coogar: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
Ujujoan: LMAO grin grin You and these your glorified smileys . . .
I beg I don tire for the guy jor!

torres is not the problem - chelsea have no defence - they don't defend well as a team.
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
coogar:

torres is not the problem - chelsea have no defence - they don't defend well as a team.

I'm not saying Torres is 'the' problem . . . I'm saying he's 'a' problem!

Obviously the fact that Chelsea keeps conceding goals shows there's a huge problem with their defense and that's fine cos they are working on it.

But I fear for Chelsea if they keep letting Torres lead the striking team. He's just not fit for that . . . Obviously!
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by dominique(f): 12:32am On Nov 04, 2012
give him time, he's still trying to fit into the team wink
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by dayokanu(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2012
Give him time?
He has spent almost 2yrs in chelsea
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by dominique(f): 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
He needs more time
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by aieromon(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
More time?

The spirit of Shevchenko is in him and giving him more time will not solve the problem.
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by MeGaStReEt: 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
Nothing good can come out of that guy, nothing!

He's not good for Chelsea. Anyone who still believe he has anything to offer is deceiving himself.
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by montelik(m): 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
aieromon: More time?

The spirit of Shevchenko is in him and giving him more time will not solve the problem.

LMAO.
Re: Why Is Chelsea Being Stubborn About Fernando Torres? by cisse7575(m): 12:17am On Nov 06, 2012
Torres is a world class striker, atilectico madrid play 4-5-1 when he was there, and liverpool play 4-5-1 as well...what is chelsea formation Chelsea, career killer, even if falcao come, the problem remain the same

(1) (Reply)

Capital One Cup(carlin):liverpool Vs Swansea @ 8:30pm Today / Balotelli Racially Abused On Twitter After Tweeting To Mock Man United / England Football Profits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.