Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country (1933 Views)

Domestic Flight Lagos To Asaba / Nigeria: Domestic Flight Air Ticket Costs (historical Trend) / Cheap Domestic Flight Ticket Within Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country by ifegy: 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
Has anyone done this successfully? For instance, I'm interested in booking with Aero Contractors from Lagos to Abuja but it seems their online payment options are geared more towards local customers. Any advice/suggestions?
Re: Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country by morpheus24: 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
to book on Arik or Aero you have to have a debit card from "naija" booking a flight online will be difficult.

However it is not a big deal when you arrive naija to go by one of their offices and pay even on the day of the flight.

Mind you the flights might be fully booked the day off but you are likely to get a seat if you book two to three days earlier.
Re: Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country by ifegy: 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2012
Thanks Morpheus. I thought about buying a ticket once I am physically there in Lagos. The only thing is, I will need to fly out that same day as Lagos is not my final destination and I can'tstay there for two/three days, so if there are no seats available that might be a problem. Oh well, thanks anyway. I'll try calling them and see if there's anything they can do ahead of time.
Re: Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country by Nobody: 6:11am On Oct 30, 2012
Yea you could do the booking online and pay using, etranzact,on the counter or via ur mastercard, then call their customer care to give them ur booking reference while, the flight details and booking confirmation would be sent to ur email. It pays to do ur checking-in online, to and print the boardingpass, so as to avoid the large queue at the airport. I hope you wld find this useful cos it worked for me recently
Re: Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country by ifegy: 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
blackchukky: Yea you could do the booking online and pay using, etranzact,on the counter or via ur mastercard, then call their customer care to give them ur booking reference while, the flight details and booking confirmation would be sent to ur email. It pays to do ur checking-in online, to and print the boardingpass, so as to avoid the large queue at the airport. I hope you wld find this useful cos it worked for me recently

Thanks for the comment. Just to be clear, did you do this from outside the country? I ask because I called aero contractors and they said I needed a naira linked mastercard, which I don't have. The only other option (less preferred) seems to be to book online and ask someone in Nigeria to go and pay at a bank, in order to complete the transaction and actually get the ticket. If there was someway I could just do it all from my computer, that would be ideal.
Re: Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country by morpheus24: 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
ifegy:

Thanks for the comment. Just to be clear, did you do this from outside the country? I ask because I called aero contractors and they said I needed a naira linked mastercard, which I don't have. The only other option (less preferred) seems to be to book online and ask someone in Nigeria to go and pay at a bank, in order to complete the transaction and actually get the ticket. If there was someway I could just do it all from my computer, that would be ideal.

Very likely he did not and the aero cust service guy is right. If you are coming from abroad which is what it sounds like, you will need to check your arrival time against the remaining Aero or Arik flights available for that day. The more flights to your destination, the better your chance of booking a flight.

You also stand a better chance if you book a class above economy. Alternatively the person in naija can also go to the local office and pay as well if you are afraid of getting stranded at the airport.

Good luck.
Re: Booking And Paying For A Domestic Flight Online While Outside The Country by ifegy: 12:40am On Oct 31, 2012
morpheus24:

Very likely he did not and the aero cust service guy is right. If you are coming from abroad which is what it sounds like, you will need to check your arrival time against the remaining Aero or Arik flights available for that day. The more flights to your destination, the better your chance of booking a flight.

You also stand a better chance if you book a class above economy. Alternatively the person in naija can also go to the local office and pay as well if you are afraid of getting stranded at the airport.

Good luck.

Thanks. I actually clicked around on the Arik website and it seems I may be able to book from outside with them, although not with Aero. I will post back if I am successful.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Direction From Ojuelegba Bus Stop To Eagle Club, Surulere / Hungarian Police Said Am Crazy And I Have Mental Issue / Upclose With Iceland's Volcano Eruption That Has Been Dormant For 6,000 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.