Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG (5849 Views)

How To Recover Deleted Photos On Iphone And Android Phones / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. / 'Hangouts' By Google, An Alternative To WhatsApp And BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by ghettodreamz(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
Google in conjunction with South Korean company LG has added another feather of achievement unto what they had in terms innovations as the companies unveiled officially, the much talked about Nexus 4 smartphone and a larger version of the 7-inch tablet that the company began selling in July under the Nexus brand on Monday, despite the cancellation of the Google event due to the hurricane Sandy plaguing the United States.

The Nexus 4 smartphone is being made by LG Electronics and features an update to Google’s Android 4.2 system, also known as Jelly Bean.

The larger Nexus tablet is being made by Samsung Electronics Co. and features a 10-inch display screen, about the same size as Apple Inc.’s top-selling iPad.

The Nexus 10 tablet with 16 gigabytes of storage will sell for $399. That’s $100 less than the comparable version of the latest iPad.

The Nexus goes on sale in Google’s online store Nov. 13.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/29/google-and-lg-launch-nexus-4-and-larger-nexus-tablet/

1 Like

Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
So many choices don't know which one to choose from.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by ghettodreamz(m): 1:06am On Oct 30, 2012
Brand_new: So many choices don't know which one to choose from.

Lolz, that's what happens when there are so many technologies advancements.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Choices. When there's too many of 'em it becomes a problem.

So many names to remember, specs to check out, reviews to consider, models to look into, sizes to confirm.

Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by omodapson(m): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2012

Stick to the one that suits your needs.

1 Like

Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
Finally an impressive device..Haven't seen any since the Galaxy S2...
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by ayee001: 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
What are the advantages over similar products?
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by adora4u1: 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
All this sounds Greek to me!
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by stpat1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
Grand alliance. I'm sure this is aimed at out playing the samsung and apple series
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by digitite: 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
The battle is ongoing and will continue for years to come until a consensus is reached on the platform; both in terms of cost that satisfies the average man in the mobile and digital age.

Having said that, it is better to stick to the device that offers the technology compatible with our limited infastructure in Nigeria and Africa in general.

Nevertheless, mobile web application will truimph at the end of the day after the dust has settled.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
I am ok with my blackberry bold 4. Anybody that has a problem with that, u know what to do. Go into hurricane sanda while its crazy. wink

1 Like

Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by digitite: 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
The battle is ongoing and will continue for years to come until a consensus is reached on the platform; both in terms of cost that satisfies the average man in the mobile and digital age.

Having said that, it is better to stick to the device that offers the technology compatible with our limited infastructure in Nigeria and Africa in general.

Nevertheless, mobile web application will truimph at the end of the day after the dust has settled.

We are waiting for Ipad mini.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
Please is there no way one can sell out his/her idea to a multinational like Samsung, LG or Sony?
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by persistenc(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Rubbish 7'inches,25'inches,Nexus,Lexus, camry,porsche,aristo they have finished with the fruits its now combination with food (jelly bean,very soon jelly rice ) angry

1 Like

Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by anintia(m): 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
The next generations of phones is here and the competition keeps getting better
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Abbott(m): 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2012

Lemme help you out.
Get a Nokia lumia 820 and a Surface Pro tablet by Microsoft. That is all you will ever need.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by vislabraye(m): 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
They wan spoil market for ipad. Let's see how it goes. Probably microsoft will ally with Sony. Who knows?
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by hammedkola(m): 6:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
So can i print money and can it charge wirelessly?
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Caseless: 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
My HTC don do me...it has everything i'l desire in a fone. I don taya for all these money-consuming innovations here and there abeg.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by dotnaija: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2012

Could this be the next iphone or facebook phone? check http://www.naijaphoneblog..com/
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
Abbott:

Lemme help you out.
Get a Nokia lumia 820 and a Surface Pro tablet by Microsoft. That is all you will ever need.
Honestly, the gadgets market is all the more confusing. All brands and Models are strong in their own rights and what makes it even worse. None is head over heels above the other. So my take is, just get one and be happy with
it.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Fhemmmy: 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
The war of smartphones heating up . . . Apple be aware
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by caukerzee(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
solidbroda: I am ok with my blackberry bold 4. Anybody that has a problem with that, u know what to do. Go into hurricane sanda while its crazy. wink
wetin carry this black berry bandwagon come here? Who's talking about bb vs nexus here? Stick the the technology your broke a s s can afford and stfu.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by caukerzee(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
vislabraye: They wan spoil market for ipad. Let's see how it goes. Probably microsoft will ally with Sony. Who knows?
it aint gon affect i pad sales mate. Its just a popularity contest. Nexus 4 will sell more in asia and part of europe, while i pad 4 will sell more in america and part of europe.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by caukerzee(m): 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
hammedkola: So can i print money and can it charge wirelessly?
lol...poor man talk. I know you are being sarcastic tho. No offense intended.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by caukerzee(m): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
Arrrgh!!! Too many choices. Well, i've learnt to stick with one device. if you decide to worry about all new innovations, you would just raise your bp unessarily, speaking from personal expirience. I've decided to stick to my samsung Gs2 till it gets old.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
caukerzee: Arrrgh!!! Too many choices. Well, i've learnt to stick with one device. if you decide to worry about all new innovations, you would just raise your bp unessarily, speaking from personal expirience. I've decided to stick to my samsung Gs2 till it gets old.

Lol . . .
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by albacete(m): 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
just imagine Google introducing Jelly Bean when we are not yet through with ICS. I even heard about the next one which is Key Lime Pie. With the rate that they are going, the letters of the english alphabet will soon be exhausted and maybe they will have to revert to numbers.

Android 1.5 -- Cupcake
Android 1.6 -- Donut
Android 2.1 -- Eclair
Android 2.2 -- Froyo (Frozen Yoghurt)
Android 2.3 -- Garri Gingerbread
Android 3.0 -- Honeycomb
Android 4.0 -- Ice Cream Sandwich
Android 4.1 -- Jelly Bean

and the list continues....

Maybe i will have to wait for something like Milkshake or Rice Roll
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by albacete(m): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
dotnaija:

Could this be the next iphone or facebook phone? check http://www.naijaphoneblog..com/

That must be HTC J rumoured to sport full HD screen (1080p @ an amazing 440ppi)
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
caukerzee: wetin carry this black berry bandwagon come here? Who's talking about bb vs nexus here? Stick the the technology your broke a s s can afford and stfu.
arindin. I have a samsung 10" which I hacked and turned it to a superuser. I installed custom firmwares and the current one on it is Cyanogen 9(stable mod not Nightly) which is equivalent to jellybean 4.1. I tested other roms such as MIUI 4 but Cyanogen 9 is just better. I'm sure u don't know all what those are. Arindin. I don't need to brag, my apple laptop retina display can cloth you for a whole year. Idiat!

1 Like

Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by martindgre: 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
solidbroda: arindin. I have a samsung 10" which I hacked and turned it to a superuser. I installed custom firmwares and the current one on it is Cyanogen 9(stable mod not Nightly) which is equivalent to jellybean 4.1. I tested other roms such as MIUI 4 but Cyanogen 9 is just better. I'm sure u don't know all what those are. Arindin. I don't need to brag, my apple laptop retina display can cloth you for a whole year. Idiat!

Is obviously clear you're just a phone repairer probably in computer village or wherever I do not expect a super dude you claim to be to know all those stuff talk of hacking, I was just thinking on your comment never meant to insult you in anyway all respect dully observed.
Re: Nexus 4 , 10 And Android 4.2 By Google And LG by stevetokyo(m): 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
albacete:

That must be HTC J rumoured to sport full HD screen (1080p @ an amazing 440ppi)

This has been released in Japan 6months ago,..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 To TV / Zain Callertune / New Smartphone Market Thrives In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.