Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

HELP! Save This Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP! Save This Marriage. (939 Views)

Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Can I Survive This Marriage / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! Save This Marriage. by Punteke(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2012
Since living with my parents, there had never been a time they weren't quarrelling over one matter or the other,(mainly infidelity cases).growing up I was hoping they would change,buh nah, its getting worse.
These last few years has been the worst, my mum complains of lack of love from my dad, while my dad complains of her nagging attitude(which my mum blames to the lack of love and care she gets from him) both accuse each other of extramarital affairs..
Both are very proud and never get to accept what the other says, which I just found out..am soo tired of settling cases between them,now they have so gotten out of hand that they want to seperate.. Am soo confused. What do I do?
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by k2039: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2012
Do absolutely nothing.

Be a spectator.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by Punteke(m): 10:53am On Oct 30, 2012
[quote author=k2039]Do absolutely nothing.

Be a spectator.[/quote

Its really disturbing me..
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by ifyalways(f): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2012
Talk with them individually with love and respect. And if that does not work, leave them. . . So long as they don't get physical on themselves, they'll sort themselves out.
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by Punteke(m): 11:07am On Oct 30, 2012
ifyalways: Talk with them individually with love and respect. And if that does not work, leave them. . . So long as they don't get physical on themselves, they'll sort themselves out.

I have done that, if not for my presence and the endless talks I have with them, it would hv all crashed a long time ago, my problem now is that it has gotten soo bad that they are already trying to seperate
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by slimyem: 11:08am On Oct 30, 2012
There's little or nothing you can do..especially since they've been this way for so long..
..and like the poster above said,so long they don't get physical,let them handle it as they like it!
If they insist on separation,you can't stop it!!
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 30, 2012
Like someone said be a spectator.
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by k2039: 11:11am On Oct 30, 2012
Punteke: Its really disturbing me..

Frankly,their is little you can do,remeber they found each other and proffessed to love each other before you were born,and now they want a break up.
So it's their decision,all you can do is learn from them and make sure you have a happy marriage.

I know it will be hard,but ignore both of them(if they remain in that marriage they will not be happy,it's better they broke up and live happily)
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by Punteke(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2012
k2039:

Frankly,their is little you can do,remeber they found each other and proffessed to love each other before you were born,and now they want a break up.
So it's their decision,all you can do is learn from them and make sure you have a happy marriage.

I know it will be hard,but ignore both of them(if they remain in that marriage they will not be happy,it's better they broke up and live happily)
slimyem: There's little or nothing you can do..especially since they've been this way for so long..
..and like the poster above said,so long they don't get physical,let them handle it as they like it!
If they insist on separation,you can't stop it!!

Its sad having to have two of them seperate after so many years together, well I was hoping there could be something done to save this from happening. Marriage no easy finaly sha.somehow I keep feeling maybe there is something I can do, I know deep down the love is there.
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by sophi(f): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2012
continue talkin to them.
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by k2039: 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
Punteke:

Its sad having to have two of them seperate after so many years together, well I was hoping there could be something done to save this from happening. Marriage no easy finaly sha.somehow I keep feeling maybe there is something I can do, I know deep down the love is there.

That's a big lesson for you dear.Love alone is not sufficient to have a successful marriage,both partners have to be compatible in major areas of their lives.

Your parent love each other but they cant live with each other(they are just not compatible in some core areas)
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by Kx: 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
Involve their parents, close extended family members and pastors/imams/native doctors! that they both respect their opinions.
Re: HELP! Save This Marriage. by Punteke(m): 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
Kx: Involve their parents, close extended family members and pastors/imams/native doctors! that they both respect their opinions.

Noted......lmao @ native doctors.. Will do that once I get home, if they haven't done it already

(1) (Reply)

For Sale! A 4 Bedroom Duplex With 2palours And A Bq Space For 48m @gwarinpa,fct. / Marriage / Daughter Wakes Mum From Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.