Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? (4802 Views)

"Girls Fight For Me Now Because I'm A Celebrity Status"-mr Ugly / Is Seun Really A 'programmer' Or A Wack Web Admin. Blowing His Own Trumpet? / Who The Hell Is Seun Osewa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by kosalabaro: 9:55am On Oct 31, 2012
I find it befuddling, perplexing and mind boggling that a certified genius like our dear Seun Osewa is not accorded celebrity status in Nigeria? A clear case of a prophet being without honour even in his own country!

Now, why am I saying all this?

I have quietly observed over time that Seun’s views are not sought after when topical issues relating to Social media are discussed in major media forums. Can you ever imagine a forum discussion on constitutional law without inviting late Gani Fawehinmi or Femi Falana or Fred Agbaje?
A clear reference is the ‘celebrated’ murder of Cynthia Osokogu via use of social media. The murder was discussed on major media platforms – both electronic and print – for weeks, but nowhere was Seun Osewa’s views sought on such negative use of social media! And without a doubt, Seun Osewa is the king of social media in Nigeria, if not indeed, Africa.

I want to believe that Seun’s Nairaland is the most visited website in Nigeria. Aside that, it is also the most educative, entertaining, refreshing, insightful and informative. Therefore, Nairaland qualifies, unarguably, as Nigeria’s No 1 website; so, why then would the founder of such a ‘brainwave’ be ignored when issues relating to his ‘kingdom’ are discussed?
Instead of inviting Seun, characters like Linda Ikeji et al (whose blogs are at best only marginally successful) seem to be enjoying all the celebrity spotlight! This is most tragic!! Even worse, professional scam artists like Hafiz Lecky enjoyed some measure of celebrity spotlight!!!

Why should this be in Nigeria? Could this be a reflection of the anti-success syndrome in Nigeria or what? Or, could it remotely be that Seun Osewa is a social butterfly, a recluse of sorts or what?
This is something I honestly cannot fathom, explain or understand or is this a jinx? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by joey4jo: 10:03am On Oct 31, 2012
Beacuse nobody knows what he looks like.
He doesn't attend social functions. Etc

I am first *tongue*
People will eat me raw.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by killuminati(m): 10:10am On Oct 31, 2012
2nd *grin*

@OP, I dey feel you die... But maybe oga Seun is not interested in all those spotlight and tins or maybe he needs to step it up a notch or sumtin... IMO thou.
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 10:27am On Oct 31, 2012
Is he a celebrity? Celebrities like being celebrated but Seun does not, so he is no celebrity or let him make public his identity, that is how we know celebrities, public I.D.
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by naptu2: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2012
luvinhubby: Is he a celebrity? Celebrities like being celebrated but Seun does not, so he is no celebrity or let him make public his identity, that is how we know celebrities, public I.D.

https://www.nairaland.com/625594/cpafrica.coms-interview-seun-osewa-founder

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/727562_Seun-Osewa1_jpg558b3500ecb633f2e7e0d4b2cec419b1[/img]
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 31, 2012
my idea of the kind of person he is:

social recluse undecided

seems to be scared of past skeletons hidden somewhere - which maybe exposed if he goes public lipsrsealed

highly secretive - naturally hides information about himself [even his online photos are of years gone bye] lipsrsealed

gifted in the art of making willing slaves out of people! [he can convince you to die for him - and you will do it happily] undecided

very intelligent and super smart[very high IQ too]!

FORGET CELEBRITY STATUS - HE DOESN'T NEED IT. IF HE NEEDS IT, HE KNOWS HOW TO GET IT. HE WILL BE ROBBING SHOULDERS WITH THE CREME DE LA CREME OF THE SOCIETY.

HE JUST WANT TO QUIETLY BE THE RICHEST [IT] GUY IN AFRICA - AND HE IS ALMOST THERE!

NOW THIS IS ONE POST I CAN BET ON - IT WILL NEVER MAKE MUKI'S PAGE! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by slimyem: 11:44am On Oct 31, 2012
The guy simply isn't intersted in being celebrated...and yes,he comes across as anti-social too!
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by slimyem: 11:46am On Oct 31, 2012
yuzedo: Because he is a ugly virgins with bendy-legs!!! angry angry angry
Who is Suen Asawo? Is he p-squaar? Very ugly tin, no offence. undecided
why have you turned yourself into a nuisance overnight?
Huh?
Its neither funny nor attractive... just so you know!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by yuzedo: 11:51am On Oct 31, 2012
slimyem: why have you turned yourself into a nuisance overnight?
Huh?
Its neither funny nor attractive... just so you know!!

**aims agidi and stones Slimyem on her wide forehead** angry angry sad
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
@kosalabaro. I'm feel really flattered that you think so highly of me. I appreciate this very much. I think celebrity comes to those who seek it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
Seun: @kosalabaro. I'm feel really flattered that you think so highly of me. I appreciate this very much. I think celebrity comes to those who seek it.
Why will it come to you when you live in sango otta or is Sagamu. No celebrity lives in those places.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
@afam4eva: I'm not seeking to be a celebrity. I thought that was clear, but it seems you didn't get it.
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
Seun: @afam4eva: I think I made it clear that I'm not seeking it, but you didn't get it. I'm not seeking to be a celebrity. Do you get it now?
Yes, i get it. Why don't you make me the face of Nairaland so that i can manage the fame for you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by sisqology(m): 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva:
Yes, i get it. Why don't you make me the face of Nairaland so that i can manage the fame for you.

Thief SMH :p
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by Beetwo(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
because him neva marry dats why. make he marry first, him go dey popular pass dbanj and psquare joined together. cool
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by nikkyshyne(f): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
Highbros: Seun is a very, very shy person. He can stay indoors for weeks, you won't even know he is in. He doesn't relate or mingle with people. He is truly a genius but, he has social problems. Yes! I know him.
His looks depicts such.
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by CrazyMan(m): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
Seun: @afam4eva: I'm not seeking to be a celebrity. I thought that was clear, but it seems you didn't get it.
Oga seun if I'm to advice you, I'd say...become a celebrity. I believe you're a business man, so do it for profit and not because you like it.

Look at it this way.

Celebrity begats popularity.

Popularity begats interviews on national dailies and media.

Interviews makes the public know you better.

With time...you'll gain a good number of fans...fans can be crazy at times.

So it would be best to take advantage of their craziness by publicizing your Nairaland's ads more and believe me, the number of advertisers would increase over night.

More advertisers = more money for you. wink
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by tpia5: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
tpia@:
he even replied the thread.

so sorry for you.
Why are you such a sadist? Tufiakwa gi...

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by Genius100: 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
He will be more respected when he regulates tribalism on Nairaland. Up till then, he is just tarnishing his reputation as someone providing a platform for unregulated vile hate and bigotry.
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by slimyem: 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva:
lmao..
Which face?
That wrinkled one?
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by ITbomb(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva:
I support this , maybe some contest or voting and intellectual evaluation [to screen out people like sexkillz who would round up fishbrains girly votes]
Re: Why Is Seun Osewa Not Accorded Celebrity Status In Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva:
Why will it come to you when you live in sango otta or is Sagamu. No celebrity lives in those places.
Afam ..wetin, where is OBJ living?.. Otta, is he not a celebrity? grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do U Feel When You Start A New Topic, 24 Hours Later U See This / Seun, You Are A Coward ! / queen2 - Im happy to be here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.