Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Is Christianity A Fraud? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity A Fraud? (3769 Views)

Churchless Christianity: A Move Of God? / Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
frosbel:

okay , go back to bowing down before useless pieces of wood and stone , that's your choice.

Allow us worship our GOD.

why should we allow you when you force us and degrade and desecrate us in our own country

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
[size=13pt]Can these useless dumb idols speak , hear or even understand what their supporters are chanting ? grin[/size]

[img]http://daughtersofosundotcom.files./2012/05/images-ifa-divining-board-ikin.jpg[/img]
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Niflheim(m): 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
The British Secret Service became number 1 in the world,the day they stole a black crystal ball made of Obsidian(black volcanic rock)and brought it to England!!!The crystal ball originally belonged to the Incas(pagan native Americans from modern day Peru)!!!
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
frosbel: [size=13pt]Can these useless dumb idols speak , hear or even understand what their supporters are chanting ? grin[/size]

[img]http://daughtersofosundotcom.files./2012/05/images-ifa-divining-board-ikin.jpg[/img]

the first one is a beautiful wooden sculpture that shows the devotion and creative skills that the Yourba people have poured into depicting these "material representations" of Universal SPiritual Forces , to help them to concentrate their prayers, (a.k.a. Spiritual ENergies" on.

the 2nd picture is not an idol, but a Spiritual article used in Ifa divination.

i dont see why any of these objects should exemplify human characterisitcs of speech , hearing and understanding We are Pagans. we do not do man-worship, like some people. .

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by onetrack(m): 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes thank you. i am sure you talk about the crusades. you must read this interesting book: "Holy Blood, Holy Grail". it talks about the merovingian dynasty and other secret xtian organizations pulling the strings from behind. the knight Godfrey de Bouillon especially has some special connections with these string of events and the foundation of these secretive orders.

The book you are talking about is a hoax. I'm an atheist but this book was written by people who have an axe to grind with the current British royal family, and they use this made-up claim about descent from Jesus to make their own claim to the throne of the UK (I'm talking about the Stuart family, whose dynasty ended about 1714) They have absolutely no evidence for what they say and rely only on peoples' fascination with grand conspiracies to get some attention.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by plaetton: 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
onetrack:

The book you are talking about is a hoax. I'm an atheist but this book was written by people who have an axe to grind with the current British royal family, and they use this made-up claim about descent from Jesus to make their own claim to the throne of the UK (I'm talking about the Stuart family, whose dynasty ended about 1714) They have absolutely no evidence for what they say and rely only on peoples' fascination with grand conspiracies to get some attention.

I can see that you never ever read the book.
Why criticize a book that you never read?
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Niflheim(m): 9:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
Long before the christians lied to us that oil will one day finish,and we will go back to making fire with sticks and stones like Captain Caveman,the native American Indians were using the urine of a particular water buffalo to light their lamps,because it was so flammable!!!
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by plaetton: 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
frosbel: [size=13pt]Can these useless dumb idols speak , hear or even understand what their supporters are chanting ? grin[/size]

Frosbel, can this useless dumb idol below speak, hear or even understand all the scrap you spew at it?

Ofcourse, you have a preference for the white skinned idol as opposed to the dark skin idols that reflect your cultural roots and identity.
You can worship a dead white man all you like, it's not gonna make you white.

We can see how much you despise yourself.

Tufiakwa!
What a tragedy!

2 Likes

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
plaetton:

Frosbel, can this useless dumb idol below speak, hear or even understand all the scrap you spew at it?

Ofcourse, you have a preference for the white skinned idol as opposed to the dark skin idols that reflect your cultural roots and identity.
You can worship a dead white man all you like, it's not gonna make you white.

We can see how much you despise yourself.

Tufiakwa!
What a tragedy!

ssshhhh you are too hasty with your mouth.

I don't use any images, crosses, rosaries or whatever !!
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Niflheim(m): 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
The Babylonian Engineers channeled water upstream for Nebuchadnezzar's 'Hanging Gardens',at a time when the jews(sons of jehovah)were fetching from bucket and walking up the hill like house boys!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by plaetton: 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
frosbel:

ssshhhh you are too hasty with your mouth.

I don't use any images, crosses, rosaries or whatever !!

But your fellow churchtians do.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
onetrack:

yes ofcourse i believe many things of it might be false. but if you look through the sidelines, not everything is concocted. i want you to look into those areas and reflect.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Niflheim(m): 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
The christian slaves tell women not to wear trousers and yet when a mosquito bites one of are beautiful African sisters on the leg,and she falls ill,they will say that it is DEVIL!!!
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
Niflheim: The Babylonian Engineers channeled water upstream for Nebuchadnezzar's 'Hanging Gardens',at a time when the jews(sons of jehovah)were fetching from bucket and walking up the hill like house boys!!!

haha i like these beautiful side-facts. i will compile them and expound them later in other forums or pages. smiley
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by onetrack(m): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
plaetton:

I can see that you never ever read the book.
Why criticize a book that you never read?

I most certainly did read the book! It was interesting but just not based on anything that could be independently corroborated, and therefore, pure speculation. I don't believe much of what the book asserts.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
oh yes and this is the book cover for anyone interested:

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Niflheim(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
When Indian girls in Calcutta wanted to give birth,Mother Teresa insisted that they shouldn't use any drug to numb the pain,because the pain will bring spiritual cleansing!!!Most of these girls who were under aged eventually died from the pain!!!
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
Niflheim: When Indian girls in Calcutta wanted to give birth,Mother Teresa insisted that they shouldn't use any drug to numb the pain,because the pain will bring spiritual cleansing!!!Most of these girls who were under aged eventually died from the pain!!!

yes she was a missionary after all. her primary aim: she wanted to connvert many of the orphans to her faith. this is because the North-Eastern Bengal region where she was posted had very few xtians. most of the xtians werre concentrated in SOuth Western Indian territories of Goa and parts of Kerala.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by pastormustwacc: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
Heaves a sigh of relief - nice thread
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by plaetton: 10:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
onetrack:

I most certainly did read the book! It was interesting but just not based on anything that could be independently corroborated, and therefore, pure speculation. I don't believe much of what the book asserts.

Even if you do not agree with their conclusions, the book was well researched. The authors presented facts and documents.It is left for the reader to reach whatever conclusions they are comfortable with.
Much of Dan Brown's work was based on that research. The authors of Holy blood , holy grail actually sued Dan Brown for copying their materials, although the courts ruled in favor of Dan Brown.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Niflheim(m): 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
The pagans living in the european country side,made herbal remedies for sores and infections,this was at a time when all the Catholic monks like Dom Perignon,were busy making sparkling wine and champagne in the monastery,to create more drunkards for christ!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Niflheim(m): 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
For those who never knew,Dom Perignon,was originally a christian monk,and his speciality was champagne,so they named the bottle after him.Yet Mary Slessor claimed that it was my ancestors who were the drunkards.......................RUBBISH!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by UyiIredia(m): 12:40am On Nov 01, 2012
On a very serious note, Jesus called Himself the Way so it is not surprising that there are followers of His who called themselves followers of the Way. I think the appelation Christian was a more accurate description of the newly-founded group.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Horus(m): 1:19am On Nov 01, 2012
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by nep2ra(m): 1:37am On Nov 01, 2012
I want to thank everyone who has made contributions to this discussion. I have have learnt a lot today and gained more insights from the various posts on this topic.

To the so-called professed Christians here, you refused to answer the questions I asked in my initial post. Some self-acclaimed Christianity Champions have been dancing around this topic while exhibiting pretentious intellectual gymnastics. Please answer the questions I asked and stop throwing unnecessary missiles. I asked these questions because I need honest answers. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by pastormustwacc: 4:49am On Nov 01, 2012
*Coughs* ahem, many people have done a lot of rubbish in the past in the name of their religion (doing what God did not send them), even the bible did mentioned that false prophets shall come to steal the flock.
Looking at Nigeria alone, you can see so many fraudulent pastors running lose (when they should actually be behind bars - with the keys thrown away).

But i want to believe there are real christians that are not disgrace to christianity, but the evil ones are trying their best to EDGE THEM OUT.

That is my own 2cents. If i have offended any human being here, then they should forgive me. I usually say things the way i see it - not necessarily to please anyone.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by F00028: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^pardon me but your 2 cents aint worth a dam* if they dont really add nothing to the discourse.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by F00028: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
nep2ra:
To the so-called professed Christians here, you refused to answer the questions I asked in my initial post. Some self-acclaimed Christianity Champions have been dancing around this topic while exhibiting pretentious intellectual gymnastics. Please answer the questions I asked and stop throwing unnecessary missiles. I asked these questions because I need honest answers. Thank you for your time.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by seyibrown(f): 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
nep2ra: I have been meaning to discuss this issue with enlightened and intelligent folks on this forum. Years ago while studying the Bible, I came across these verses which made me challenge Christianity as practised today and its categorization as a religion. Apostle Paul who wrote two-thirds of the New Testament and who most Christians base their doctrines and beliefs on called himself something other than a Christian. Let's look at these verses.

When Tertullus brought a charge against Paul before Governor Felix, He had this to say:

"We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect and even tried to desecrate the temple; so we seized him. By examining him yourself you will be able to learn the truth about all these charges we are bringing against him." Acts 24:5-8 NIV

Paul said this in his defence:

"...However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man." Acts 24:14-16 NIV

The Governor Felix was well informed about the activities of this group.
"Then Felix, who was well acquainted with the Way, adjourned the proceedings..." Acts 24:22 NIV
I know a lot of people will point me to this popular verse to back up the validity of Christianity as a religion.
"Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch." Acts 11:25-26 NIV

My questions are these:

1. Who called these disciples Christians?
2. Did they acknowledge themselves as Christians?
3. If Paul admitted he was a Follower of the Way, doesn't it mean those disciples who shared Paul's belief and faith in Jesus Christ were also Followers of the Way?
4. What happened to the sect called the Way? At what point in history did the Way fade into oblivion?
4. At what point in history was Christianity founded?
5. Why are Christians who base most their doctrines on Paul teachings ascribing to something different?

I welcome your intelligent contribution.

Thank you.

... subscribing. Don't be too quick to close the thread in one day. Please, llow others to find it, contribute and answer your questions.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by nep2ra(m): 12:57am On Nov 02, 2012
okeyxyz: @nep2ra,
First of all, did you even do any research on the word Nazarene(the way) before coming on here to make invalid arguments? Because if you had, you'd at least have found out that the word is used majorly in two contexts within the new testament. The first is as a reference to "Jesus of Nazareth" and the second is as reference to followers of jesus, in other words: Nazarene is another word for christian. Nazarene is used mainly in the hebrew and arabian contexts when they talk about christians.

So your questions here shows no evidence that you have done any proper thinking nor have you even used google to get some background on the subject.

The funny thing is that other lazy champions are revealing themselves by rising in support of you, making arguments that are either off-track from the subject(@ifeness, @onetrack,@plaetton, @pagan_9ja) or just like you, arguing without knowledge.

How are you doing today sir? First and foremost, let me correct you on the erroneous claim you made that I am making invalid arguments. The purpose of this thread is to engage intelligent and fine minds in a healthy debate with a view to answering the five questions I posed after my introduction. I assume you are intelligent and can clearly understand the point I'm trying to make. Please take time to read my introduction again and the following questions. Answer the questions if you can. If you can't, then make your contribution without resorting to unnecessary insults. Thank you.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by nep2ra(m): 11:07am On Nov 02, 2012
seyibrown:

... subscribing. Don't be too quick to close the thread in one day. Please, llow others to find it, contribute and answer your questions.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Re: Is Christianity A Fraud? by Delafruita(m): 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2012
Ohibenemma: Jesus Christ said, 'I am the WAY, the truth and the life...' John 14;16. Thus, a follower of the WAY should be clear to you. If in doubt, as to the authenticity of any faith, you should be looking at Islam, which could take out passages from a book written long before the birth of their founder, copy and edit some truths in it to suit his purpose and pass it on to gullible minds as a revelation. E.g, the story of Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac being changed to Ishmael.
guess who was the "way,truth and life" in the centuries before jesus- you guessed right.Mithra existed long before jesus.he has twelve disciples,was born of a virgin,died and arose on the third day and was called "the way,truth and life"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THE LEFT Behind.......by Sis. Toun Praise / An Atheist View On "God's Plan" / The Witch Doctor And The Man City Under The Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.