Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Wenger Pleads For Arsenal Fans To Respect Van Persie Ahead Of Manchester United - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wenger Pleads For Arsenal Fans To Respect Van Persie Ahead Of Manchester United (442 Views)

Is Rooney On His Way Out Of Manchester United? / Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wenger Pleads For Arsenal Fans To Respect Van Persie Ahead Of Manchester United by socceryarn: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
The fixture marks the first opportunity for the Netherlands international to play against his former club and the Frenchman has called on the travelling support to give him a good reception.

"I hope it is a respectful reception because he has played for us for eight years, he has done very well for us. You want him to be respected," he told reporters.

"We campaign against discrimination, it was still the case last week so why should it not be the case this week?

"I don't know what the fans will do, I think he will get the reception I hope for."

The 29-year-old striker enjoyed an eight-year stay at Arsenal before moving to Manchester United for €30.5 million in August. He has scored nine goals in his first 12 games for his new club

(1) (Reply)

Rafael Benitez Favourite To Replace Roberto Di Matteo At Chelsea / Round Up Of Interesting Matches Played During The Weekend / Arsene Wenger Still Wants Villa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.