Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Messi Becomes A Father - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Becomes A Father (10931 Views)

Mikel Obi A Father Of Twins? / Lionel Messi Becomes A Dad: Rumour? / Messi Becomes A Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Becomes A Father by owen4u(m): 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has said he expects Lionel Messi to be available for the home game against Celta Vigo on Saturday despite the attacker having been absent from training on Friday to attend the birth of his first child.

Vilanova confirmed Messi had missed training as the Catalan papers reported that he had accompanied his partner to the private clinic near the Camp Nou where she was to give birth to their son, who is to be named Thiago.

"Messi did not come to training as he had permission to be absent," Vilanova said. "In principle, he will be available tomorrow.

"It is a personal matter, for his family to talk about. If everything is fine, he will play. It is normal for him not to train on such an important day."

Vilanova played for Celta for three seasons in the early 1990s, scoring one goal in 29 games. He said he had enjoyed his time with the Galicians and was looking forward to Saturday's game against their current side, who play in an attractive style under current coach Paco Herrera.

"I have good memories, as in Vigo they treated me well," he said. "I would have liked to have played more, but I gave everything I could.

"[The current team] try to play good football. We prefer playing against teams who play expansively and attack us. Celta are one of them - better for the spectator."

The coach dismissed recent rumours that Alexis Sanchez or David Villa could leave the club in January, for Tottenham and Juventus respectively, and said he was happy with Sanchez, signed from Udinese for €37 million in 2011, despite his return of only one goal in 12 appearances this season.

"Nobody will leave in January," he said. "We have six attackers who give us different things, and we want to keep them all.

"I am satisfied with Alexis and I do not think he is lacking confidence. If he does not perform as well as he can, that is also my fault. I hope he scores so that people will stop monitoring him so closely."

Barca confirmed that defenders Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol had not yet returned to full training with their team-mates, meaning that one of Sergio Busquets, Alex Song or Marc Barta is likely to accompany Javier Mascherano in central defence on Saturday.

Vilanova said, however, that he expected Pique - who has not played since injuring an ankle against Spartak Moscow on September 19 - to be back sooner rather than later.

"Pique has been training a few days at a higher level," he said. "He is improving each day. It is a question of days before he will be back with us. It is important to have him back. He helps us play the ball out from the back and at set-pieces."

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1211365&leagueTag=ESP.1&lang=EN

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by Sirmee(m): 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
Another fact is Christiano Ronaldo is older than Lionel Messi with 869 days so also is Christiano Ronaldo Jr is older than Thiago Messi (Messi's son) with 869 days

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by Emmyk(m): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2012
saw it thrending on yahoo too. happy for him
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by dramenda(f): 1:44am On Nov 03, 2012
congrat to him,God bless the baby, WENGER SHOULD SIGN HIM UP QUICKLY. cool

11 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 03, 2012
i'm happy 4 him... Crongrat messi... God'll kip us all...!
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by naturalwaves: 1:49am On Nov 03, 2012
Sirmee: Another fact is Christiano Ronaldo is older than Lionel Messi with 869 days so also is Christiano Ronaldo Jr is older than Thiago Messi (Messi's son) with 869 days

Wow!!!! Can we call this a coincidence? I doubt! Those two kids go sabi play ball well well o. BTW, where is Abidal? How is he faring? What was the outcome of his liver transplant? Will he still be able to play football?
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by ghettodreamz(m): 2:02am On Nov 03, 2012
Wow! That yesterday boy? Anyway, I'm happy for him, money is the good wheel of evangelism, as long as the doe is available and even in abundance, what's next?

Congrat Boy Messi. Make me sef go born ASAP, lol. Hope my own story too go make Nairaland frontpage cuz na frontpage things go make me wan born sharpaly ooooo. gringringrin
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by bory09(m): 2:11am On Nov 03, 2012
messi have given birth kini big deal abi we should jump into river because of that whereas this story don tay for market
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by lafuria1(m): 2:19am On Nov 03, 2012
funny tin is both cr7 and messi no marry before dem born dia pikins. wont be suprise if thiago messi has both xavi and iniesta dna inside him, we all know they helped messi to score goals. grin kidding....congrat to him.
now the media obssesion begins, Cr7 jnr vs thiago (cr7 vs messi)

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by ignis: 2:20am On Nov 03, 2012
[quote
author=naturalwaves]

Wow!!!! Can we call this a coincidence? I doubt! Those two kids go sabi
play ball well well o. BTW, where is Abidal? How is he faring? What was
the outcome of his liver transplant? Will he still be able to play
football?[/quote]
Google is still available.
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by OBUKOMENA: 2:28am On Nov 03, 2012
Oghenemessi don born?
Shuuuu...!!
So hin sef dey lick tomtom?

6 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by Chanchit: 2:32am On Nov 03, 2012
Sirmee: Another fact is Christiano Ronaldo is older than Lionel Messi with 869 days so also is Christiano Ronaldo Jr is older than Thiago Messi (Messi's son) with 869 days

Na wah o, na pesin life you monitor reach this level...?

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by Chanchit: 2:35am On Nov 03, 2012
bory09: messi have given birth kini big deal abi we should jump into river because of that whereas this story don tay for market

I won't mind if you can just take that quantom leap of jumping into the ocean, but who will come and anounce your pass into eternal turture..

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by Hemanwel(m): 2:37am On Nov 03, 2012
OBUKOMENA: Oghenemessi don born?
Shuuuu...!!
So hin sef dey lick tomtom?
AREA!!!
Bros,I hail oh!which one be 'tomtom' again oh??
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by legalwealth(m): 2:41am On Nov 03, 2012
congrats to all barca fans...

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by legalwealth(m): 2:42am On Nov 03, 2012
owen4u: Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has said he expects Lionel Messi to be available for the home game against Celta Vigo on Saturday despite the attacker having been absent from training on Friday to attend the birth of his first child.

Vilanova confirmed Messi had missed training as the Catalan papers reported that he had accompanied his partner to the private clinic near the Camp Nou where she was to give birth to their son, who is to be named Thiago.

"Messi did not come to training as he had permission to be absent," Vilanova said. "In principle, he will be available tomorrow.

"It is a personal matter, for his family to talk about. If everything is fine, he will play. It is normal for him not to train on such an important day."

Vilanova played for Celta for three seasons in the early 1990s, scoring one goal in 29 games. He said he had enjoyed his time with the Galicians and was looking forward to Saturday's game against their current side, who play in an attractive style under current coach Paco Herrera.

"I have good memories, as in Vigo they treated me well," he said. "I would have liked to have played more, but I gave everything I could.

"[The current team] try to play good football. We prefer playing against teams who play expansively and attack us. Celta are one of them - better for the spectator."

The coach dismissed recent rumours that Alexis Sanchez or David Villa could leave the club in January, for Tottenham and Juventus respectively, and said he was happy with Sanchez, signed from Udinese for €37 million in 2011, despite his return of only one goal in 12 appearances this season.

"Nobody will leave in January," he said. "We have six attackers who give us different things, and we want to keep them all.

"I am satisfied with Alexis and I do not think he is lacking confidence. If he does not perform as well as he can, that is also my fault. I hope he scores so that people will stop monitoring him so closely."

Barca confirmed that defenders Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol had not yet returned to full training with their team-mates, meaning that one of Sergio Busquets, Alex Song or Marc Barta is likely to accompany Javier Mascherano in central defence on Saturday.

Vilanova said, however, that he expected Pique - who has not played since injuring an ankle against Spartak Moscow on September 19 - to be back sooner rather than later.

"Pique has been training a few days at a higher level," he said. "He is improving each day. It is a question of days before he will be back with us. It is important to have him back. He helps us play the ball out from the back and at set-pieces."

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1211365&leagueTag=ESP.1&lang=EN

New Messi alive.
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by tomakint: 2:43am On Nov 03, 2012
Big ups to Messi the new face of 'scientific football and football made easy'. Strangely at the last el classico Messi and Ronaldo both bagged 2goals apiece and the date of the match 7th October(10th Month) 2012 coincided with their jersey's number and now the issue of the age differences with their babies. They must have something common in their 'former lives' very strange indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by abiolag(m): 3:15am On Nov 03, 2012
Congrat Leo and welcome Thiago
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by olascoshow(m): 3:50am On Nov 03, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Congrats to all Barca fans. Now we have another Messi to look on when Lionel Ȋ̝̊̅§ not around. Welcome Thiago and congrats Lionel.[center][/center]
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by neversaynever(m): 5:13am On Nov 03, 2012
Yaaay!
Now that's what i'm talking about. Congrats messi, up barca. Hopefully you'll celebrate it with a hattrick on Saturday. cheesy

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by neversaynever(m): 5:17am On Nov 03, 2012
smileywink

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 03, 2012
Congrats to Messidonna for becoming a father and bringing a possible future footy immortal into the new world.
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by rusher14: 5:37am On Nov 03, 2012
Nice pass Xavi!!!

3 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes A Father by justsayemma(m): 6:24am On Nov 03, 2012
Congrats 2 d El-Poga himslf,congrat 2 all Barca fans. Visca Barca!........ Mes que un club!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by passionate88: 6:43am On Nov 03, 2012
The short guy keeps scoring goals on nd off the pitch... Nice 1 football messi(ah)..
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by NiyiMorino(m): 6:44am On Nov 03, 2012
Cristiano Ronaldo is 869 days older than Lionel Messi. Cristiano Ronaldo Jr is 869 older than Thiago Messi! WOW.
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by Ifilinwa(f): 7:02am On Nov 03, 2012
So, Messi dey do dat kain thing... He is so innocent and small.. Anyways, congrats
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by slap1(m): 7:03am On Nov 03, 2012
THIAGO, I like the sound of that name. . .
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by testament007: 7:05am On Nov 03, 2012
D tin folo baffle me undecided
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by hollypagan: 7:09am On Nov 03, 2012
This is old story
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by azimibraun: 7:19am On Nov 03, 2012
I saw dis news few weeks ago na.. I don dey doubt nairaland small small o! Dis is an old news for jah sake.. Pls nairaland explain hw dis old wine is bin forced new.
Re: Messi Becomes A Father by azimibraun: 7:21am On Nov 03, 2012
Dis 869 dude abeg mk we knw ur source.. Dnt b afraid o! Jst say it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Chelsea Vs Manchester City 0-1 Goals And Highlights / Missing Funds: Solomon Dalung Dares IAAF, No Commitment To Repay / Super Eagles Set Up Friendly Vs 'robust-playing' DR Congo For Cameroon Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.