Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel (25778 Views)

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars / Another Lost Tribe Found In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by mimshachh: 11:46pm On Nov 02, 2012
This is the proof for yorubas but couldn't get for igbos yet: http://dierklange.com/pdf/LOST_TRIBES_OF_ISRAEL.pdf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
I've only read this paper halfway and I must confess that the logic is very sound. Very wonderful expository of the ancient Yoruba kingdom and its link to ancient Isreal. As a diversion, didn't someone propose that ILE IFE is the code-word for NINEVEH some weeks ago on Nairaland? I'm beginning to see that different locations in Yorubaland indeed hold the key to unravelling more truths about the lost tribe(s) of Israel. Odumchi, I suggest this thread is pulled to the first page. Thanks
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by eddy1977(m): 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
Tony Spike: I've only read this paper halfway and I must confess that the logic is very sound. Very wonderful expository of the ancient Yoruba kingdom and its link to ancient Isreal. As a diversion, didn't someone propose that ILE IFE is the code-word for NINEVEH some weeks ago on Nairaland? I'm beginning to see that different locations in Yorubaland indeed hold the key to unravelling more truths about the lost tribe(s) of Israel. Odumchi, I suggest this thread is pulled to the first page. Thanks

No,with all respects to my yorouba brothers and sisters. You are not even remotely related to Israel.you are not even related to some Ethiopians,so please cool off.

You have no dna rapprochement,no cultural similarities,not even any religious resemblance.

Be proud of who you are and leave the Israelis alone. You may be descendants of the canaanites,the jebusites or even the philistines,but not sons of Jacob. Sorry,he is not your ancestor.

You are just typical subsaharan negroids like most of us. Let's celebrate your true heritage.you should be proud of your intelligence and wealth and not this nonsensical philosophy which actually humiliates you.
Your true ancestors will feel insulted to know that you are trying to claim jewish ancestry.
So,in honor of your tru ancestors i beg you to be proud of your true heritage which is anything but Jewish.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by tpia1: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
saying "we yorubas" is usually an indicator the person saying it isnt yoruba.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2012
[size=32pt]SHARRRAAAP!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE YORUBAS AND ARE DESCENDANTS OF ODUDUA!

EVERYONE, JESUS, NOAH, ADAM, etc., ARE DESCENDED FROM ODUDUA![/size]
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by ODUANEGRO: 7:03am On Nov 06, 2012
mimshachh: This is the proof for yorubas but couldn't get for igbos yet: http://dierklange.com/pdf/LOST_TRIBES_OF_ISRAEL.pdf

Hold on pardner..... ... You need to listen and learn what Yoruba elders teach to you. Yoruba is never a lost tribe of anybody. We are not Jewish or any part of Jew. We do have among us descendants of the children of israel....byt they are sub group of the Yoruba commonwealth.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by ODUANEGRO: 7:05am On Nov 06, 2012
tpia1: saying "we yorubas" is usually an indicator the person saying it isnt yoruba.

I agree
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by ODUANEGRO: 7:08am On Nov 06, 2012
eddy1977:

No,with all respects to my yorouba brothers and sisters. You are not even remotely related to Israel.you are not even related to some Ethiopians,so please cool off.

You have no dna rapprochement,no cultural similarities,not even any religious resemblance.

Be proud of who you are and leave the Israelis alone. You may be descendants of the canaanites,the jebusites or even the philistines,but not sons of Jacob. Sorry,he is not your ancestor.

You are just typical subsaharan negroids like most of us. Let's celebrate your true heritage.you should be proud of your intelligence and wealth and not this nonsensical philosophy which actually humiliates you.
Your true ancestors will feel insulted to know that you are trying to claim jewish ancestry.
So,in honor of your tru ancestors i beg you to be proud of your true heritage which is anything but Jewish.

Calm down! Thats an individual discovery on a personal search for understanding, and not a national declaration.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by mimshachh: 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
@pagan 9ja you are wrong we are not descendant of odua. odua came to meet us here. he is our father but we didnt descend from him. @tony spike thanks. i love people that are open to learn or discover new things. at least all tribes descended from pre existing ones.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2012
Dierk Lange was mostly speculating in his book But there is PROOF. Real irrefutable proof that the Yoruba are indeed the ancient Israelites.

Get the Book that will astonish you. It is FREE to download for the next five days.

http://mawuvi.com/E-books/Ebooks-DownLoad-Page/
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
mimshachh: @pagan 9ja you are wrong we are not descendant of odua. odua came to meet us here. he is our father but we didnt descend from him. @tony spike thanks. i love people that are open to learn or discover new things. at least all tribes descended from pre existing ones.

shut up. i recognize a nincompoop when i see one. you Sir, are descended from buhari. now shut up.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
i request MODs to delete this thread. it reeks of slave mentality. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
i request MODs to delete this thread. it reeks of slave mentality. angry angry

Give it up PAGAN 9JA. You have been huffing and puffing about Yoruba's real identity for more than a year now. Where has it got you? You are not even Yoruba so why are you so concerned about something that has NOTHING to do with you?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
Energy48:

Give it up PAGAN 9JA. You have been huffing and puffing about Yoruba's real identity for more than a year now. Where has it got you? You are not even Yoruba so why are you so concerned about something that has NOTHING to do with you?

give what up im not huffing and puffing about Yorubas real identity! instead im doing so about these fake identities. why should it get me anywhere?! am i here for personal gain?! undecided
it has everything to do with me, the future propagation of my sphere of religions and the progress of my nation , as a result. angry angry angry angry
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 4:23am On Nov 17, 2012
Energy48: Dierk Lange was mostly speculating in his book But there is PROOF. Real irrefutable proof that the Yoruba are indeed the ancient Israelites.

Get the Book that will astonish you. It is FREE to download for the next five days.

Did your read Dierk Lange's work? His work was an outstanding academic exercise, which as an academic myself can say is at least 80% accurate. Firstly, he used the oral history of the line of Oyo kings documented by Samuel Johnson et al. to make comparisons. It was no speculation, sir, because from my point of view, He didn't tamper with the Yoruba history. Already many scholars of Yoruba history have been disputing the Oyo kingship oral chronology as mythical, erratic and unverifiable in timeline. Now, it is no longer mythical, this is what Dierk explores in his paper. If you have a good knowledge of Hebrew, Babylonian and Assyrian kingship, then you'll understand why his work is interesting. As for your ebook link, I'll try and download it. I've read the introduction sometime ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 5:08am On Nov 17, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO:

Calm down! Thats an individual discovery on a personal search for understanding, and not a national declaration.

Dudu, sorry I couldn't reply you the last time. The Ila-Orangun translation was my own apparent conjecture. But I can tell you the Ila word seems to have no realistic parallel in Yoruba. To me, Ila is something like:

Ila - Ela

In the Arabian parallel, this means God or a high ranking deity. I just read that Ila is related to a deity according to the town history.

By the way, have you ever tried translating the word Oyo according to your usual method? Could you please tell me what your translation is? The city Ur comes to my mind though.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 5:59am On Nov 17, 2012
Regardless if you are using Apple OS or Android you will need an installed epub reader to view the downloaded copy of the free book. I use android and got the one below from playstore.

1. Type it into your search field in play store apps, download and install, then open after installed.

.epub reader for android.

2. You can then use the epub app to search and locate the book in your phone. Mine was in downloads folder. After i opened it it was ok for read.

Tony, wassup my man. yeah you were correct all along about Ila and Ela being the same and Ora or Ur being same and meaning luminance.

In Yoruba, ora, orun are all same and mean something that is luminent.
There are so many Yoruba terms derived from this word of luminence.

Oru - night sky
Iran - an illuminated mind
Irawo - star galaxies

The Egyptians "ra" came from it.

Ibrahim or Abraham, is synonymous with it.

Ab or Ibn.....ascendant/descendant
Ra................luminence
Him..............divinity

In Islam you can hear it in prayers of the opening chapter..fatha.

Bismillahi RAhmani RAhim.
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful.

As you read more about light, luminence and God....the Chapters of Genesis reveals itself and you begin to see a deeper meaning and understanding of human nature and its mysteries.

This is the whole concept behind Illuminati and all these mystical orders.

If you come in as a Christian biased against Islam and Judaism and other world religions and manuscripts they put you at the bottom and begin to cleanse the bias out of you. If you are Muslim that dont believe in Ifa....by the time you get to the 33rd you will embrace the teachings of Ifa as a part and parcel of humanity.

On Oyo, I have done some digging to that in past and couldnt readily arrive at any conclusion but got some leads.

On Dierk, its not just name of Oyo Kings that are matched but also of places.

There are about five matched names of ancient towns that I found. Ibadan being one of them. Do you read the Odus...pay attention to named places inthe Odus they will lead you if you inspect them. Offa is also another one in that Afro Asia region.

Gotta go...see you again soon.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
To read the E-book on your computer instead of a mobile device, download the FREE E-book reader Calibre (use to open e-pub and also kindle files) you can take it also on your flash drive. Just install on your PC or any other computer that you wanna read the book on. Drag the e-pub file or the kindle version and drop it on the shortcut created on the desktop after installing it.

Just incase you missed it, here is the download link again

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by UjSizzle(f): 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2012
What's with the sudden Israeli craze in Nigeria?

What's inIsrael that everyone wants to be a part of?

First igbo, now yoruba. Tomorrow Hausa go say dem be Israelites too. Make una kuku carry naija deposit for dea.
People no just proud of their heritage again.

2 Likes

Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 11:51pm On Nov 17, 2012
All the tribes are present among us and they can be identified by their remembrance of descending from Oduduwa. The names Israel, Hebrew, Abraham,etc are nonsense because they are derived from a phony and made-up language invented by Indo-European impostors trying to mimic the original. Likewise it is possible that words like 'Ra' attributed to Egypt are ridiculous because the same impostors tried to mimic the language and have been teaching the world their nonsense.

A Yoruba individual named Sibthorpe wrote around 100 years ago about this Yoruba connection. I wonder if he was mocked by the dull-hearted people in addition to perhaps being pressurized to abandon the research due to conflict with Christianity.

The actual rendition of the name popularly known as Jacob is still well known to us (including some posters on this thread) but hidden. Likewise the place called Mt Zion is right here in Yorubaland though known to us by a different but true and original name. The passover festival is still celebrated.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by eddy1977(m): 3:26am On Nov 18, 2012
amor4ce: All the tribes are present among us and they can be identified by their remembrance of descending from Oduduwa. The names Israel, Hebrew, Abraham,etc are nonsense because they are derived from a phony and made-up language invented by Indo-European impostors trying to mimic the original. Likewise it is possible that words like 'Ra' attributed to Egypt are ridiculous because the same impostors tried to mimic the language and have been teaching the world their nonsense.

A Yoruba individual named Sibthorpe wrote around 100 years ago about this Yoruba connection. I wonder if he was mocked by the dull-hearted people in addition to perhaps being pressurized to abandon the research due to conflict with Christianity.

The actual rendition of the name popularly known as Jacob is still well known to us (including some posters on this thread) but hidden. Likewise the place called Mt Zion is right here in Yorubaland though known to us by a different but true and original name. The passover festival is still celebrated.

LOL

I need this your farce to laugh this evening. My girlfriend joined me in laughing out.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 5:27am On Nov 18, 2012
uj_sizzle: What's with the sudden Israeli craze in Nigeria?

What's inIsrael that everyone wants to be a part of?

First igbo, now yoruba. Tomorrow Hausa go say dem be Israelites too. Make una kuku carry naija deposit for dea.
People no just proud of their heritage again.

Yoruba is never a lost tribe of anybody...Yoruba has roots in Afro Asia but as a proto Semitic and legitimate branch of the Noahdic lines.

Ibo claim they are descendants of children of Israel. Yoruba is not of that line or anybody's line beside Noah's, period!
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Yoruba is never a lost tribe of anybody...Yoruba has roots in Afro Asia but as a proto Semitic and legitimate branch of the Noahdic lines.

Ibo claim they are descendants of children of Israel. Yoruba is not of that line or anybody's line beside Noah's, period!
And you say so because you are the authority on Yoruba history? I bet you don't even know Yoruba history going past when Bishop Crowther changed the people's designation to Yoruba - about 200 years ago. But here you are making big talk claiming ancestry all the way to Noah. Can you prove any of that? Why don't you start by telling us what the Yoruba were called before Bishop Crowther christened the people Yoruba. Do that to show your knowledge of Yoruba history is not limited to 200 years information and then we will know you are the knowledgeable person we should listen to.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
Energy48:
And you say so because you are the authority on Yoruba history? I bet you don't even know Yoruba history going past when Bishop Crowther changed the people's designation to Yoruba - about 200 years ago. But here you are making big talk claiming ancestry all the way to Noah. Can you prove any of that? Why don't you start by telling us what the Yoruba were called before Bishop Crowther christened the people Yoruba. Do that to show your knowledge of Yoruba history is not limited to 200 years information and then we will know you are the knowledgeable person we should listen to.

Dudu has been a passionate contributor to Yoruba knowledge in this culture section. Infact, he is one of the few NLers that spurred me to do an individual research on the Yoruba people. Dudu is stastically correct for saying that not all Yorubas have a Hebrew heritage. If we do agree that some exiled Hebrew, Babylonians and Assyrians settled here some hundreds of years, didn't they meet some indigenous people on ground? Apart from that, we all know that the NOK era preceded their arrival,hence statistically, not all Yorubas can have Hebrew lineage.

What we should be investigating currently is how their language, kingship, religion and customs penetrated into the indigenous population of those days. For example, the work of Lange has proved that the Oyo kingship is indeed of semitic history. How were they able to convince the locals? Is it possible their number was far greater than the indigenous population?
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
The Hebrews came to settle in Africa THREEE THOUSAND YEARS ago not a few hundred years ago. The mistake you and others make is assume we are talking about 200 years of Yoruba history. The fact of the matter is Bishop Crowther wiped out Yoruba history when he changed the people's name to Yoruba. Hence most Yoruba people can't tell their History past when Crowther changed the name. Despite this tragedy in history some like to maintain the ignorance. Not anymore! The people needs to know their true identity and it is not Yoruba, but HEBREW.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
Energy48: The Hebrews came to settle in Africa THREEE THOUSAND YEARS ago not a few hundred years ago. The mistake you and others make is assume we are talking about 200 years of Yoruba history. The fact of the matter is Bishop Crowther wiped out Yoruba history when he changed the people's name to Yoruba. Hence most Yoruba people can't tell their History past when Crowther changed the name. Despite this tragedy in history some like to maintain the ignorance. Not anymore! The people needs to know their true identity and it is not Yoruba, but HEBREW.

Pardon my use of a few hundred years. As much as I would like to believe the Hebrews indeed settled here, I'd rather place their arrival circa 2600 years (600 BCE), and not 3000 years as you stated. This is to accommodate the period between the overthrow of the Northern kingdom around 722 BCE and the Southern Kingdom around 586 BCE. If we were to use Lange and other contemporary works, the Assyrian line of kings superimposed on the Oyo kingship timeline, then sometime around 630 BCE might be likely.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by Energy48(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
The fact remains, if someone does not know their history past 200 years. Such a person has no right coming up with statements like and I quote; "Yoruba is never a lost tribe of anybody...Yoruba has roots in Afro Asia but as a proto Semitic and legitimate branch of the Noahdic lines.....Yoruba is not of that line or anybody's line beside Noah's, period!" Unquote. Doing so is tantamount to the BLIND leading the blind.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2012
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2012
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by TonySpike: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
amor4ce: Tony Spike, I would appreciate your criticism of this version of Yoruba history.

Hello sir, I have been reading your blog for about 6 months now, I think. This particular version on Yoruba history was very difficult to grasp at first read some months ago based on my limited knowledge. After reading through some of your reference materials recently, your work was better illuminated. I must say, it is a very rich source of information and scholarship on Yoruba history. Unfortunately, I am neither a historian or an archaeologist, I'm more of an engineering person who enjoys these ancient studies as a personal way of acquiring knowledge. That said, I hope your work is laid out as a reference point, when the Yoruba history is finally upgraded in the nearest future.
I'll say Eku Ise on the awareness and enlightenment promoted by your blog so far.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by amor4ce(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
I'm grateful. Like you have a strong passion for egbe omo oodua even though I trained as a bioscientist and worked in the financial services industry.

There's a festival on the 14th day or thereabout after the annual world ifa festival. I suspect strongly that it is one of the three annual festivals mentioned in the Scriptures - the feast of unleavened bread (seems like its actually akara) aka passover.

For those interested, here's an interesting paper (pdf) that compares Ifa (Yoruba) with Afa (Nri-Igbo), Eha (Nsukka-Igbo), Epha (Urhobo), Iha (Edo), Eba (Nupe) and Ifa (Igala). With Ifa we can all live together in harmony. I'll soon post an essay showing that the Redeemer taught Abraham and his descendants, including Moses, Ifa and that Judaism is an Indo-European fabrication.
Re: You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel by NegroNtns(m): 12:30am On Nov 19, 2012
Energy48:

I believe I have enough posts in NL to take you from Oduduwa to Noah.. Search different archived topics on Oduduwa and you will find my link of him to Joktan (Qahtan).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Money Wife In Becheve, Cross River: A Story By Tunde Onakoya / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. / Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.