Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

English FA Referees Consider Chelsea Strike - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / English FA Referees Consider Chelsea Strike (476 Views)

Everton Vs Manchester United FA Cup (1 - 2) On 23rd April 2016 / Shrewsbury Town Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (0 - 3) oN 22nd Feb 2016 / Do Some Clubs Really Have Upper Hand In The English Fa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

English FA Referees Consider Chelsea Strike by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
Premier League referees are
contemplating a refusal to officiate any
matches involving Chelsea following the
Mark Clattenburg saga.

Clattenburg is still under investigation for
allegedly using "inappropriate language"
towards John Obi Mikel last weekend,
despite the referee distancing himself
from any wrongdoing.
But former Premier League referee Clive
Wilkes believes the way Clattenburg has been treated by Chelsea is creating a disdain towards the club amongst officials.
"I keep in touch with a lot of the lads and
there is such a strength of feeling about
what is happening to Mark," Wilkes told
The Sun. "I know a few referees who are
even talking about boycotting Chelsea
games because of all this.
"Remember, it's not the first time Chelsea
have targeted a referee - there's been
Anders Frisk and Graham Poll. And some
refs are now saying enough is enough.
"It's no exaggeration to say the refs in this
country have never felt lower.They are so
disillusioned. They feel vulnerable, feel
that they are being left isolated - that they
are getting no backing, no support.
"They want to speak out themselves but
are too frightened, they fear they will be
sacked if they go public with their
grievances.
"There have even been murmurings about
strike action but that's very much the last
resort. They'd much prefer to get around
the table with the FA, PFA, the clubs and
players to sort this out as quickly as
possible."

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1212086&leagueTag=ENG.1&lang=EN&leagueTag=ENG.1&top&wjb=
Re: English FA Referees Consider Chelsea Strike by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
Now I reason with Blatter,says and I quote "English football is controlled by Idiots"
I guess he's not wrong calling english Football IDIOT in the presence of their chairman
Re: English FA Referees Consider Chelsea Strike by Kslib(m): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
These guys are fools.. Anyway i dont blame them. Afterall,it's their league.. Racist pigs

(1) (Reply)

Anoda La Liga Average Playa Takes Epl By Storm / Manchester United Manager Sir Alex Ferguson Will Not Face Punishment / Balotelli, Mancini Fight In Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.