Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,577 members, 7,812,875 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Naval Hospital Ojo Should Be Probed For Attempted Murder - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Naval Hospital Ojo Should Be Probed For Attempted Murder (1304 Views)

PHOTOS: Unknown Patients At National Hospital, Abuja / Drunk Naval Officer Shoots 3 People In Lagos / PHOTO: Man Who Attempted Suicide By Drinking Acid Urgently Needs Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naval Hospital Ojo Should Be Probed For Attempted Murder by Tokotaya: 11:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
Medical staff at the Naval Hospital, Ojo, Lagos, who refused to treat the teenager stabbed in a night club last week should be tried for attempted murder.
Well, yes, because it can very well be argued that they were complicit as their action very nearly helped the assailant complete his heinous crime.

It is unbelievable that this sort of stories still creep out from time to time in Nigeria in the 21st century. And it is particularly astounding that it happened this time not in a mushroom private hospital, but a Naval Hospital.

Mariam Abubakar who had gone to Pearl Harbour Night Club in Rochester Garden Hotel, Festac on October 26 to “catch weekend fun” would have been dead by now but for the spirited efforts of the health officials at Ajeromi General Hospital.

She was stabbed in a critical place, the neck, and she was bleeding profusely, according to the sympathisers who rushed her to the hospital.

She had allegedly been stabbed by a former councillor of Amuwo-Odofin Local Government Area of Lagos State, Onimole Babatunde, for refusing his advances.

The saving grace of the victim was that police officers at Area E Command were contacted. It was the police who now took it upon themselves to take her to Ajeromi General Hospital. By that time she had lost 20 percent of her blood, and had slipped into coma.

For how long will this atavistic practice of demanding for a police report before saving a dying person persist? High ranking police officers including the IG have said many times that hospitals should not make police report a precondition for treating anyone.

It is high time medical practitioners were prosecuted for refusing or neglecting to save lives on account of police report.

Elsewhere in the world doctors would do all it takes to save a man’s life first and foremost. Questions will be asked later or the police could be contacted. Even prisoners on death row are entitled to medical treatment until their execution is due.

This nonsense must stop.
http://johnaweonline..com/2012/11/naval-hospital-ojo-should-be-probed-for.html

Re: Naval Hospital Ojo Should Be Probed For Attempted Murder by Adufaye(m): 12:46am On Nov 04, 2012
i was in naval hospital wen dey brought her wit a jeep sha,bt de tot it was accident,hv neva c or hard naval hospital reject any patient,i was surprise,i tink if d gal liv in d barack de wuld hv given her attenion,or d lady who brought her provide naval hopistal card,de wouldnt hv rejected her,4 wat one of d doc said,she was seriously injured nd hv an xternal bleedin,dat de cnt accpt sum1 who wnt 2 die,n mayb die in d hands,evrybody in d hospital dat day was in shock n tears drop 4rm ma eyes,anyway tank God 4 her life. God wil grant her strength 2 stand again
Re: Naval Hospital Ojo Should Be Probed For Attempted Murder by Tokotaya: 11:05am On Nov 05, 2012
Adufaye: i was in naval hospital wen dey brought her wit a jeep sha,bt de tot it was accident,hv neva c or hard naval hospital reject any patient,i was surprise,i tink if d gal liv in d barack de wuld hv given her attenion,or d lady who brought her provide naval hopistal card,de wouldnt hv rejected her,4 wat one of d doc said,she was seriously injured nd hv an xternal bleedin,dat de cnt accpt sum1 who wnt 2 die,n mayb die in d hands,evrybody in d hospital dat day was in shock n tears drop 4rm ma eyes,anyway tank God 4 her life. God wil grant her strength 2 stand again

Our health officials should learn to save lives, which ironically is what health practice is all about! If someone is bleeding through her neck, the least they could have done is to try and stop the bleeding whether she lived in the barracks or not. Our health practitioners should stop getting hung up on pointless procedures before they 'kill' their own relatives.
Re: Naval Hospital Ojo Should Be Probed For Attempted Murder by Adufaye(m): 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
Tokotaya:

Our health officials should learn to save lives, which ironically is what health practice is all about! If someone is bleeding through her neck, the least they could have done is to try and stop the bleeding whether she lived in the barracks or not. Our health practitioners should stop getting hung up on pointless procedures before they 'kill' their own relatives.
tru talk
Re: Naval Hospital Ojo Should Be Probed For Attempted Murder by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 06, 2012

1 Like

Re: Naval Hospital Ojo Should Be Probed For Attempted Murder by dominique(f): 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
^^^ I don't think this is a case of a report, more about not being a regisitred patient of their hospital/living in the barracks which is just as ridiculous. I dont think anybody can charge them with attempted murder as they are not the ones that stabbed the lady. But Its about time people start suing these hospitals for negligence.
Re: Naval Hospital Ojo Should Be Probed For Attempted Murder by Tokotaya: 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
dominique: ^^^ I don't think this is a case of a report, more about not being a regisitred patient of their hospital/living in the barracks which is just as ridiculous. I dont think anybody can charge them with attempted murder as they are not the ones that stabbed the lady. But Its about time people start suing these hospitals for negligence.

The policeman quoted said the lady was not treated because the sympathisers could not produce police report. Whatever the case might be, I'm glad you admit that not treating her because she was not a registered patient is just as ridiculous. If all they had done was first aid to check the blood loss, that would have been fine.

(1) (Reply)

. / 22 Year Old Housewife Delivered Of A Tortoise / Ebola Detector Mobile Phone App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.