Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do (8656 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / 20 Inventions Falsely Credited To The Muslim World / Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 05, 2012
These are the lof the kinds of men a muslim sister should never tell i hear and accepted your proposal to marry me

Never marry someone who is not Muslim because you don't have any right to influence or change the religion of your husband in that case don't start what you can not end cos u might end up practising his religion

Neverarry or consider a man that can. Of provide for your basic needs though women wants all the this and that of this life which not every men can provide but at least there are some basic needs or essential needs women require so if the man can not meet it please don't stay because u might end up begging for it from other men which can lead to any other thing

Don't marry a Man that does not pray five times daily because you yourself can stop praying the moment u don't see any ody to encourage your and this solat is the key to paradise and its also the uniting factor that will unite you with your husband in the hereafter

Don't marry a man that is not a man you know what I mean

Don't marry a marry that does not love you for the sake of Allah because it's only then your love will last long but of he loves you for the sake of your wealth, your beauty or family affluence all theses can wither away but Allah continues to exist meaning your love will continue to exist in his heart in as much as Allah exist

Do not marry a man whose character or deen does not please you because there are some Muslims that do not Practise Islam the way the
Prophet and God orders us while they serve God they call on other things too apart from Allah

More importantly do not marry a man whose genotype does not fit to in with yours that is if your are As or SS never never never marry an SS or AS not even under the umbrella of religion because when the problem come you can even lose your religion when you will be thinking you are practising it for instance if you. Start to witness the problem of sickle cell children you will not know when you will consult oracle for the salvage of your child or children's life moreso your husband will lose his love for you because all the money your are suppose to use to take care of the home has been used for salvaging the lives of ur children

5 Likes

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2012
Thank you very much for the topic. I just need an explanation for the statement below because I don't understand it.

lekibraky:

2 Likes

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by Shamoo100(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2012
Subhanallah...mrx fellis n0t here plx..ur IQ sh0uld tel u.. *n0 hard feelinqx*
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by deols(f): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2012
Interesting. I agree with you 100%
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
Shamoo100: Subhanallah...mrx fellis n0t here plx..ur IQ sh0uld tel u.. *n0 hard feelinqx*

I really don't understand what OP was trying to say in that point, that was why I asked to clarify.
I just wanted to know what lekibraky meant when he said sisters should confirm that the man they want to marry 'is a man' before marrying him or before the Nikah is conducted.
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by deols(f): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
@op how would you know if He's a man. Is there some way of detecting that? As you know,there's nothing like test driving in Islam

1 Like

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by tpia1: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
op are you recommending premarital s.ex or what exactly.
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 06, 2012
tpia1: op are you recommending premarital s.ex or what exactly.

I am not recommending sex before marriage Islam is not a religion that gives room to deception the same mouth you you to asked what do you do for a living, where did you come from can be used to ask about his potency before finalizing the marriage arrangement because some men are naturally important so if he deceive you then it will make your separation easier base on not being open

1 Like

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by maclatunji: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2012
lekibraky:
I am not recommending sex before marriage Islam is not a religion that gives room to deception the same mouth you you to asked what do you do for a living, where did you come from can be used to ask about his potency before finalizing the marriage arrangement because some men are naturally important impotent so if he deceive you then it will make your separation easier base on not being open

Yeah you are right. The standard is for the man to be asked the question.
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by deols(f): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
I thought the standard was for an impotent man not to seek the hand of a woman in the first place. Not everyone can ask such intimate questions as this and what if he lies?
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by maclatunji: 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
deols: I thought the standard was for an impotent man not to seek the hand of a woman in the first place. Not everyone can ask such intimate questions as this and what if he lies?

You don't have to ask, the officiating cleric should especially before agreeing to conduct the ceremony. The lady's guardian can also ask.

He would have sinned if he lies and the lady gets to divorce him since there was no basis for marriage in the first place.

Allah knows best.
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by deols(f): 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
the topic says, before you say I do and not on your wedding day.

So again, @op, how do you think a Woman would have known? Do you think everyone would be able to ask such a question? how would you have felt if you were asked?
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by tpia1: 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
Poster

Are you saying the woman should ask prospective suitors if they are s.exually active before agreeing to go further in the relationship?

Na who dem go dey take practice if thats what you mean.
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by maclatunji: 9:24am On Nov 07, 2012
tpia1: Poster

Are you saying the woman should ask prospective suitors if they are s.exually active before agreeing to go further in the relationship?

Na who dem go dey take practice if thats what you mean.

It is not about being active sexually. It is about being able to actually have sex with her as a wife. Unfortunately, it is true that some men are actually unable to have intercourse with a woman in the naturally defined way. Healthy sexual drive and ability can be inferred in so many ways. The man doesn't need to have had intimacy with another woman before he knows he is capable of doing so- you have wet dreams, arousal that any man can attest to in different situations. If you have it- you know you have it, if you don't you know you don't.

In extreme situations, the man can furnish the woman with a medical report from a doctor of her choice that says so- happy?

4 Likes

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by dilbert100: 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
undecided
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by Redmosquito(m): 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
Minion: My King! What advice do you have for single muslim sisters?
Hades: Never marry a man that will take a second wife! Never be married as a second wife! angry
Minion: Thank you! MY Lord

3 Likes

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by derus(f): 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
In addition to the OP post "We women are to marry God fearing Men only" That follow what the Holy Quran says and the saying of the Holy prophet (S.A.W)
so as for us to have a blissful home. May Allay (S.W.T) in his infinite mercy Guide us to the right Path (Amin)
Jummat Mubarak

1 Like

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by Dablunt(m): 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
#OP
I'm thinking more in the line of women marrying GOD fearing men irrespective of religion or beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by Olaone1: 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
Na wa oo
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
Though advice is a package, it can only be taken or discarded. The advice is noted but some people are forgeting the fact that marriage is dynamic

Marriage is constantlychanging and it's full of new ideas. Any advice for an 'about to wed' from any external person may not hold water. This is so because you don't know the aims and objectives of the couple for venturing into marriage.

When a man takes interest in a particular girl (whether she is moslem, christian, budhist or animalist) and that interest leads to marriage, what they expect from the rest of the world is encouragement, prayers and support. Not some religious advices that will only end up in destroying the young union even before the long journey starts.

1 Like

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by tpia1: 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
religion and other considerations are also important in marriage though.

love does not conquer all, and neither can love alone make a relationship work, imo.

not saying its not important, but its naive to assume that's the only thing.
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by missbola1(f): 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
I've read your lecture and I think it's good that God's fearing people are still in Nigeria (Yorubas, Igbos, etc (NOT HAUSA). In my own exprience, the Muslims and Chriatians people are "3-FACED" or "3-RELIGION". They are muslims that go to Pastors and Idols-worshipers, and vise-versa.
lekibraky:

Don't marry a Man that does not pray five times daily because you yourself can stop praying the moment u don't see any ody to encourage your and this solat is the key to paradise and its also the uniting factor that will unite you with your husband in the hereafter

Don't marry a marry that does not love you for the sake of Allah because it's only then your love will last long but of he loves you for the sake of your wealth, your beauty or family affluence all theses can wither away but Allah continues to exist meaning your love will continue to exist in his heart in as much as Allah exist

Do not marry a man whose character or deen does not please you because there are some Muslims that do not Practise Islam the way the
Prophet and God orders us while they serve God they call on other things too apart from Allah

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by missbola1(f): 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2012
Continuing.....I know that no 1 is perfect but DO MUSLIMS(YORUBA)STILL BELIEVE IN THE QURAN? They drink and sell alcohol, don't cover their hair, wear short skirt, allow their children to have sex before marriage because they are all following western ideaology that 'you have to complete university before marriage leaving them to fornicate, giving them VOODOO for protection, tatooing thier body which is devilish, piercing their face e.g. lips, eye, wearing THOSE STUPID LEGGINGS/JEGGINS which used to be underwear.
I know there are muslims who dress modestly but the rest need lecture on these.
Anyway just to let you know I was born a muslim then at 13 going to church I was told. Now I'm a muslim (praise be to ALLAH, MASTER ON THE DAY OF JUGEMENT, HE BEGGET NOT AND NOT WAS HE BEGGOTTEN. and married. the mistakes that our parents made may we not take the same footstep. May ALLAH continue to guide us and not misguide us, Amin.
lekibraky:

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by missbola1(f): 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
lekibraky: What you said is ture but I know someone personnaly SS that married AS and they have 4 kids with AS dont have sickle cell. It's miracle. But this doesn't mean that SS should marry AS. They were married b4 thay found out and took the risk. ALLAH does miraculous things. they based here in London.

More importantly do not marry a man whose genotype does not fit to in with yours that is if your are As or SS never never never marry an SS or AS not even under the umbrella of religion because when the problem come you can even lose your religion when you will be thinking you are practising it for instance if you. Start to witness the problem of sickle cell children you will not know when you will consult oracle for the salvage of your child or children's life moreso your husband will lose his love for you because all the money your are suppose to use to take care of the home has been used for salvaging the lives of ur children

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by missbola1(f): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
As a muslim, a man is allow up to 4 wives if He can do justice instead of having ONE WIFE AND 2 MISTRESS (the english folks call it). there are more women in the world than men because of war, etc, so who's going marry the rests? Even Ex-president of America; Clitton committed adultery, David Becham, Tiger wood, Italian President, Usher, I can go on. For most men, 1 woman isn't enough. Men can have sex up to the day they die like 100yrs, How many wives does Obasanjo has?
In the bible, the prophets of God have many wives.
Women have menstruation, after birth sickness, go off sex later on in marriage so, what should the active man do?
When Allah makes laws, there's always a logic reason to it.
Although, in Islam, a woman can request for her Husband not to marry second wife and if he does then she's allow to divorce him.
In Islam, husband IS NOT ALLOW TO MARRY TWO WIVES IN THE SAME ROOM. Each of them must have their own FLAT/HOUSE.
ISLAM MEANS 'PEACE' (which JESUS/ISA/YAHSUA used to say 'SHALLOM'.............BEING A MUSLIM MEANS SOMEONE SUBMITTING TO THE WILL OF THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by COOLDK(m): 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
@OP
Jazakallahu Khairan.

@Moderators
Please you are employed to moderate every post on your section before even making it a front page topic.
You should have at least correct the grammatical errors in this educating post to enable proper understanding.
I'm very sure a lot of people read over and over again before comprehending most of the sentences in the post.
Thanks.
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by maclatunji: 12:13am On Nov 17, 2012
^Point noted, it's something we can improve on.
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by tpia1: 12:26am On Nov 17, 2012
allow their children to Be Intimate before marriage because they are all following western ideology that 'you have to complete university before marriage leaving them to fornicate,

going to university = fornication?
Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by vedaxcool(m): 7:44am On Nov 17, 2012
Mac I dey hail oh, you seem an expert in impotence! Nice one there!

1 Like

Re: Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do by skyfall: 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
@OP

Learn to punctuate and space your write-up next time.

A lot of those ideologies are not very practical even for a muslim, especially in a multi-religious society like Nigeria. While it works for some, there's a high chance that you'll end up marrying someone who is "acceptable" from a religious point of view but whom you don't really love & are happy with. You'll likely still end up having extra-marital affairs. This is the reality of many marriages today.

Marrying someone for the sake of God or religion is a joke. Why not stay single for God then? I advise people to marry people they love and are comfortable with. Our obsession with religion is actually destroying us. The world is more complex today than it was 2000 yrs ago.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Citadel Of Believers(hisnu Muslim) / Questions Muhammad Should Have Asked Allah, Which He Didn't / Islam and Racism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.