Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Why Was I Born A Nigerian? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Was I Born A Nigerian? (702 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was I Born A Nigerian? by abaryourmy(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2012
ARISE O'COMPATRIOTs, NIGERIA'S CALL OBEY...That is the national anthem, a call to serve but not to be served. For my few years so far in this nation I dont have anything aside my skin to show-forth as a Nigerian. I have not benefited a dime of this nation. The land might be flowing with milk and honey but the flow has its channels. Is this how every nation treats her people. Without people like me there would be no Nigeria, there would be nothing to fight to fight to rule. I say RULE because that is what there is to it. When I ask my friend in the USA what he thinks of his nation, no matter how many negative things he might first pour out he would always talk of few things the nation has done for him. But mine is not so. This is why I ask, "WHY WAS I BORN A NIGERIAN"
Re: Why Was I Born A Nigerian? by eduson55(m): 8:39am On Nov 05, 2012
080772712112,THIS IS GEJ's NUMBER,
CALL HIM NOW AND ASK HIM.HE ANSWERED MINE YESTERDAY.

1 Like

Re: Why Was I Born A Nigerian? by Chrisvicmall: 8:43am On Nov 05, 2012
abaryourmy: ARISE O'COMPATRIOTs, NIGERIA'S CALL OBEY...That is the national anthem, a call to serve but not to be served. For my few years so far in this nation I dont have anything aside my skin to show-forth as a Nigerian. I have not benefited a dime of this nation. The land might be flowing with milk and honey but the flow has its channels. Is this how every nation treats her people. Without people like me there would be no Nigeria, there would be nothing to fight to fight to rule. I say RULE because that is what there is to it. When I ask my friend in the USA what he thinks of his nation, no matter how many negative things he might first pour out he would always talk of few things the nation has done for him. But mine is not so. This is why I ask, "WHY WAS I BORN A NIGERIAN"

Without people like you, there will be Nigeria but a different one. I mean a better Nigeria. The moment you stop focusing on the bad side of your country, the moment you start thinking of what you can do for your country rather of what your country can do for you, the moment you start thinking of how to serve your neighbour better, the moment you start thinking deep, only then you will start seeing a different Nigeria.

My friend find a way to change your frustration into something beneficial. Complaining not only is it bad but it is also a virus that eats deep into your bone mallow.It makes you die young. Men like you change the history of the country you mentioned, and men like you will change the history of Nigeria and if you want to make history, act now otherwise you will end up like a footstep in the desert.

1 Like

Re: Why Was I Born A Nigerian? by eduson55(m): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2012
^^o boy shut up..
shall we continue doing for our country ? a country that doesn't even recognize
us as a citizen.
working for bamboo..
taa gbafue
Re: Why Was I Born A Nigerian? by abaryourmy(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Chrisvicmall:

Without people like you, there will be Nigeria but a different one. I mean a better Nigeria. The moment you stop focusing on the bad side of your country, the moment you start thinking of what you can do for your country rather of what your country can do for you, the moment you start thinking of how to serve your neighbour better, the moment you start thinking deep, only then you will start seeing a different Nigeria.

My friend find a way to change your frustration into something beneficial. Complaining not only is it bad but it is also a virus that eats deep into your bone mallow.It makes you die young. Men like you change the history of the country you mentioned, and men like you will change the history of Nigeria and if you want to make history, act now otherwise you will end up like a footstep in the desert.

I hear you! I pay my tax, I dont do crime, I am educated, I fulfill my civil responsibility and on a personal level I am better than many but even in all these things I find reasons to still ask Why i was born here. You are giving sweet quotes over there, quotes written by people who have made impacts in their nations. Let me be frank with you here, if there is one thing i can do to make the world a better place, at this point, Nigeria will be amongst the last place I would want to be identified from.

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Order For Blackberry, Laptops, Wrist Watch & Other Gadget For As Lo / New Firm: 150 New Jobs On Immediate Offer / Jamb 2014/2015 Utme Registration Form Out Bulk Pin/card For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.