Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? (10303 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Pastor Abraham Yakubu's Testimony Of Heaven And Hell In English / A Vision Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by mshd5: 7:05am On Nov 06, 2012
samkoro: But your Islam said all moslem will go to hell fire first and spend some millions of years before Allah decides who he will bring out from hell on the Islamic ressurection day by looking at the mark of worship (zebiba). Except those that died while doing Jihad.The bible says that no one goes to hell and comes out. But Jehovah promised a direct entry to paradise for those who believe in his son Jesus Christ. I just read in mathew for the first time that immediately Jesus died the grave of many saints broke and they came out.Some people saw those ressurrected saints in the holy city and confirmed that Jesus is truely the son of God whose death was a great sacrifice that opened the door of paradise.It was effective immediately he died. Every thing that happened to Jesus was prophesied.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by victme1(m): 8:30am On Nov 06, 2012
The BIG QUESTION is what do people do in HELL? and what do people do in HEAVEN? at least both are meant for HUMANS!!! - i heard somewhere that muslim men go there to fk virgins, what about the women? 2, christian will sing till kingdom come a b r a c a d a b b r a ! !!!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by jcross19: 8:31am On Nov 06, 2012
hell and heaven remain misery to those who never believe him , but just know that there is someone who plan your body system
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by BigBashiru: 8:33am On Nov 06, 2012
Christianity is one of the most callous religions and one of the most vile things to ever exist. god himself said only few people will go to his heaven. Then he designated hell for the majority of human beings over an apple and a devil he made. Sorry but i am not resigning to fear, you can send me to hell!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by 3kay945(m): 8:48am On Nov 06, 2012
BigBashiru: Christianity is one of the most callous religions and one of the most vile things to ever exist. god himself said only few people will go to his heaven. Then he designated hell for the majority of human beings over an apple and a devil he made. Sorry but i am not resigning to fear, you can send me to hell!
grin
BigBashiru: Christianity is one of the most callous religions and one of the most vile things to ever exist. god himself said only few people will go to his heaven. Then he designated hell for the majority of human beings over an apple and a devil he made. Sorry but i am not resigning to fear, you can send me to hell!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by 3kay945(m): 8:50am On Nov 06, 2012
victme1: The BIG QUESTION is what do people do in HELL? and what do people do in HEAVEN? at least both are meant for HUMANS!!! - i heard somewhere that muslim men go there to fk virgins, what about the women? 2, christian will sing till kingdom come a b r a c a d a b b r a ! !!!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by 3kay945(m): 8:54am On Nov 06, 2012
victme1: The BIG QUESTION is what do people do in HELL? and what do people do in HEAVEN? at least both are meant for HUMANS!!! - i heard somewhere that muslim men go there to fk virgins, what about the women? 2, christian will sing till kingdom come a b r a c a d a b b r a ! !!!
maybe their own version of heaven is a slut house
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Femmymata2(m): 9:55am On Nov 06, 2012
Most practicing christians are not as wicked and heartless as the God they worship. They have resigned to the fear of (if) an insane diety that throws humans/spirit into a burning lake of fire forever really exist then they will escape it. No God,human,spirit should build a place like hell with the intention of keeping people there for eternity. Will there be human right,does vanity apply to that God, will people gnashing there teeth in hell fire forever make God happy everyday forever. If u are in heaven and u are aware that some people will be burning in hell not for 1000yrs,5000yrs but FOREVER will u be happy and say atleast i told them. I'll prefer to be in hell. Remember Fear tactics is very effective when dealing with humans. Check all major institutions
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by kemoolala: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2012
Red-Light:

lol i sometimes prefer islam paradise... with 77 virgins and pool of beer

nothing to do than just wake up... drink beer, smoke weed and fhuck available virgin

and u dont need to be super holy like the christians to go there... just strap bomb to ur waist, go to the nearest crowd or church, blow them and urself up
kapish u are in paradise enjoying ur pool of beer and hot virgins grin grin

LWKMD gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin OH BOY u will not kill someone here wit dis oo and come to think of it dat is exactly the mentality of moslem terrorist.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by salt1: 11:43am On Nov 06, 2012
Femmymata2: Most practicing christians are not as wicked and heartless as the God they worship. They have resigned to the fear of (if) an insane diety that throws humans/spirit into a burning lake of fire forever really exist then they will escape it. No God,human,spirit should build a place like hell with the intention of keeping people there for eternity. Will there be human right,does vanity apply to that God, will people gnashing there teeth in hell fire forever make God happy everyday forever. If u are in heaven and u are aware that some people will be burning in hell not for 1000yrs,5000yrs but FOREVER will u be happy and say atleast i told them. I'll prefer to be in hell. Remember Fear tactics is very effective when dealing with humans. Check all major institutions

It's really unfortunate that you have this mindset. I wonder if you're a parent. If so, you will understand that you can't make choices or decisions for your children. If your child, for instance, who is a mature adult, opts to leave home in spite of your advice, mixes with other hoodlums and commits crimes, is it your fault if he ends up in jail? Hell wasn't meant for man. It was meant for the devil and his emissaries. Will God be to blame if humans choose the way of evil (despite the warnings of their consciences)? Don't people, even here on earth, bear the repercussions of their choices?
God is a holy God. You can't live in His presence with evil.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
2mch: Heaven and Hell is extremely real. Don't make the mistake of deceiving yourselves. Some really good people get judged immediately and are not stuck in the grave till judgement. If you have ever been around when a very good person died, you will know God is real. He does exist, so does something in the afterlife. The thing with God is he/she behaves above human understanding and is not rational like we think a rational person is supposed to behave. Think about this, if you design an object, do you owe it an explanation for why it was designed and what your purpose for it was? Believe in God with all your heart, mind and soul. Who you should fear and question are the pastors spreading bad news and terrible doctrines. They are the cause of all these kinds of disbelief. I have seen with my eyes a good person die. The series of events afterwards I can't even explain. I am the most critical person too.

I personally dont believe in a god. Stop trying to force other people into your belief! If hell and heaven is real for you,fine!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
salt 1:

It's really unfortunate that you have this mindset. I wonder if you're a parent. If so, you will understand that you can't make choices or decisions for your children. If your child, for instance, who is a mature adult, opts to leave home in spite of your advice, mixes with other hoodlums and commits crimes, is it your fault if he ends up in jail? Hell wasn't meant for man. It was meant for the devil and his emissaries. Will God be to blame if humans choose the way of evil (despite the warnings of their consciences)? Don't people, even here on earth, bear the repercussions of their choices?

Your god is not holy at all! It is either he is willing to do good but impotent,or he can but refused to do it. If he can but wont do it,he is an evil god. By the way,all children used to be atheist until the unfortunate ones become brainwashed and converted to religious dulls.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2012

Religious dudes are all drunk. They can jump from a 7 story building and have faith an angel will catch them. We all know they will make a heavy splash all over the ground. Only a sober mind will realise he was drunk earlier.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by bigmeechfilms(m): 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
Everytin dt as 2 do wit religion is fake.first of all nah d same white ppl wey bring slavery bring am.Jesus or mohammed no reach nigeria.den nah bible story wit pix.wen u die guy forget story u r gone for life
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
DeeManD: To answer the question....

[size=14pt]FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE; HELL NO[/size] grin

[size=38pt]-_-[/size]
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
caesaraba: All my ancestors died and went to hell o. Abi? At least before the white man came with his religion, bible in one hand, gun in another. If you disobey my teachings, you go to hell (and I might just blast u with my gun to speed up the process). If you obey it up to 99.9%, u still go to hell. What is demanded from you is total unquestioned obedience and ever-enduring loyalty. What better way to colonize a people? That old trick's been working for thousands of years. Religion won't take you to your 'proverbial heaven or hell,' your actions will. So don't tell me to be careful what I write, there was a reason the brain was made by the Creator...abi?

GBAMMMMMMM! cheesy

AND...the same applies in the case of Islam. Both x-tianity and this "religion of peace" tongue are just tools to mentally and physically enslave.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by desireexo(f): 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
Your god is not holy at all! It is either he is willing to do good but impotent,or he can but refused to do it. If he can but wont do it,he is an evil god. By the way,all children used to be atheist until the unfortunate ones become brainwashed and converted to religious dulls. [/quote]

shocked shocked cry cry cry this is really pathetic!!

u're hell bound...if you dont accept christ...jesus said" i am the way, the truth and life nobody goes to father except through me" and ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free..

atheist or wateva u're either for God or for the devil

i sure hope you come to your senses before its too late..there is a life after death, where you choose to spend it is your choice: heaven or hell God has given us a freewill, the choice is yours!!!

Even a spiritual christian prays for God's grace each day not to fall prey to the devils whims how much more you? i just feel sorry for you. because ignorance is not an excuse..u've been told but you have hardened your heart.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Femmymata2(m): 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
salt 1:

In ur response its shows that u are person that reason clearly and logically. But i'm worried when u say that God did not create hell for humans but for devil and his emissaries, does that mean God is not all-knowing. When God was creating hell in size,shape,hotness e.t.c he never knew human would at a point occupy it. Is there any parent that can codemn their misbehaving child to everlasting jail,toture,torment. Can u do that to ur sön, i know u can't. BUT YOUR GOD CAN.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Godogwu: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
zo3184: Africans grow up there is no God, hell is Ajegunle and I don't even think heaven exist in Nigeria.

S t u p i d people!, S t u p i d people everywhere sad
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Mightyify(m): 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
i can only believe there is no heaven or hell, if una go fit explain wat happens in tb joshua's church(emmanuel tv).
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by rockar: 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
There r so many questions popping up about religion nowadays. So many questions that if they aren't answered soon, religion might lead to havoc and even world war 3. For example,

- why is there no mention of the dinosaurs in any of the holy books?
- why does the religion say the earth was flat and there was no other planet, until proven wrong?
- what will happen to the pple that lived on early earth before any religion talking about heaven and hell came to earth. What will happen to them on judgement day? Will they go to hell just because they didnt hear about heaven and hell.
- why will he condemn some pple to hell to burn for eternity when he can actually just destroy the pple and forget all about them.
- will heaven be just about singing thru out (there will be no technology like phone, computer games, movies, flying jets, Internet ) etc, because if it is all about singing, it will be so boring.
- there are so many sightings of the UFO. Where do they come from?

I believe in a creator, dont get me wrong. But "HELL", capital NO.
Just believe one thing, GOD is love. Show love to everyone and u live a happy and blissful life.

- religion might loose its stand when they discover life in other planet. Which i guess they might discover soon.
- Now, they have started creating genetically engineered babies carrying 3dna's. Why will God allow this?

So many questions that needs to be answered....
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by AyaSammy(f): 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Is heaven eternal? NO
Is hell eternal? NO
Do both exist on earth? NO
Do you think about such things? NO
Where do you plan to go? Heaven or Hell?? ( If there happens be which I doubt, I prefer Hell, cos its more fun (Music, dance, women, alcohol, fire for barbeque etc )

GOD HAV MERCY ON YOUR SOUL THIS IS AN AWFUL TRUTH, MAY NOT BE SATISFYING.
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by oyeleyemaureen(m): 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
I will be shocked if up till now people are doubting the existence heaven and hell
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by oyeleyemaureen(m): 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
I will be shocked if up till now people are doubting the existence of heaven and hell
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by BigBashiru: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
oya oh, make I turn my comment around for FEAR of any form of divine retribution...I have pretty much given in to the Christian fear. From a logical point of view, Christianity does not really make sense but from a spiritual point of view, I guess it does and whatever deity that is out there knows what he is doing so without further ado here are the main points I want to get across:

* Christianity is not one of the most callous religions and one of the most vile things to ever exist. IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.
* GOD himself said only few people will go to his heaven. Nobody knows why but it is unfortunate.
* The Bible says "and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up to God forever and ever". To me this is vile and unacceptable but I guess if it is in the Bible it is there.
* It is true that GOD DESIGNATED HELL for the majority of human beings over an apple and a devil he made. Again nobody really knows why. But that is the truth.

In as much as I dont really like Christianity as a religion, I had to make this comment for fear of divine retribution. I dont want God to send hurricane Sandy to my apartment!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by salt1: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
You sound like an honest seeker. The answers inserted in your comments might help you
rockar: There r so many questions popping up about religion nowadays. So many questions that if they aren't answered soon, religion might lead to havoc and even world war 3. For example,

- why is there no mention of the dinosaurs in any of the holy books?

The Bible didn't mention every single creature created by God. Some of even the Biblical animals have been given different names in modern times. Do you know how many species of mammals there are? Birds? God's universe is large and He is still working on it.

- why does the religion say the earth was flat and there was no other planet, until proven wrong?

There is no place in the Bible that says the earth was flat. It is the religionists of Galileo's day who interpreted it so based on their knowledge at the time. The bible said learning will increase. New findings will replace old ones. But no true science contradicts the Bible. Rather it validates it. Every species is still replicated after its kind.[/b]

- what will happen to the pple that lived on early earth before any religion talking about heaven and hell came to earth. What will happen to them on judgement day? Will they go to hell just because they didnt hear about heaven and hell.

[b] Those who lived without the law will be judged without the law. Our consciences are God's monitors and judges and God will judge them based on how they handled the good or bad their consciences told them. He will use that to judge you too if you know the truth and refuse to accept it.

- why will he condemn some pple to hell to burn for eternity when he can actually just destroy the pple and forget all about them.

Because man was created with a never-dying soul. We were really built to last and last we must. That speck of life is eternal within and outside this realm of existence

- will heaven be just about singing thru out (there will be no technology like phone, computer games, movies, flying jets, Internet ) etc, because if it is all about singing, it will be so boring. God's presence isn't boring.

[b]I haven't been to heaven but I know it will be joyous activity and service. Jesus talks of His followers ruling cities. It is an active government with work for everybody to do.[/b]

- there are so many sightings of the UFO. Where do they come from?

The earth is presently filled with mysteries. Maybe before Jesus comes, science may help us to unravel UFOs and demystify the Bermuda Triangle. If it doesn't happen in my life-time, I can die knowing that even tho we understand in part here, over there everything will be well understood

I believe in a creator, dont get me wrong. But "HELL", capital NO.
Just believe one thing, GOD is love. Show love to everyone and u live a happy and blissful life.

- religion might loose its stand when they discover life in other planet. Which i guess they might discover soon.

I don't think this will diminish religion. It is when science achieves immortality for man or discovers where the dead go that man's fear of death will be reduced. Until then, it is guesswork and arguments and religion's answers offer more comfort and hope. So much so that even if it is placebo, I'll rather throw my weight behind it.[color=#990000]
[/color]

- Now, they have started creating genetically engineered babies carrying 3dna's. Why will God allow this?

So many questions that needs to be answered....

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
desiree_xo:

Your god is not holy at all! It is either he is willing to do good but impotent,or he can but refused to do it. If he can but wont do it,he is an evil god. By the way,all children used to be atheist until the unfortunate ones become brainwashed and converted to religious dulls.

shocked shocked cry cry cry this is really pathetic!!

u're hell bound...if you dont accept christ...jesus said" i am the way, the truth and life nobody goes to father except through me" and ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free..

atheist or wateva u're either for God or for the devil

i sure hope you come to your senses before its too late..there is a life after death, where you choose to spend it is your choice: heaven or hell God has given us a freewill, the choice is yours!!!

Even a spiritual christian prays for God's grace each day not to fall prey to the devils whims how much more you? i just feel sorry for you. because ignorance is not an excuse..u've been told but you have hardened your heart.

Your parents,you and your whole family are hell bound not me! Silly animal!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by desireexo(f): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
ifeness:

Your parents,you and your whole family are hell bound not me! Silly animal!

wow!!! tell me with those vile words are you heaven bound or hell bound abusing the whole family, calling a female teenager an animal.. reason: because she tried to enlighten ur warped mindset..well, i'm not surprised..Christ himself was mocked, beaten and persecuted for our sake(S) how much more me...those words don't mean a thing.
but, remember that on the day of judgement this would be used against you..do not me decieved, God is not mocked. #GodBless
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by eggo: 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
Heaven and hell is so real so wake up and make up...make peace wif God todai....
i pity mockers hmmmm... cry
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by BigBashiru: 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
It simply amuses me when some Christians ask you to choose God or repent or blah blah. It is clear that these people dont know what their Holy Book says. So instead of wasting your time and that of your readers let me once again reiterate:

1.) God said only A FEW WILL MAKE IT TO HEAVEN.
2.) 1 Peter 2:8 "A stone that causes men to stumble [/b]and [b]a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message--WHICH IS WHAT THEY WERE DESTINED FOR.

So why are you asking us to "accept Christ"? I dont want to derail the the thread.

Again we see both in the Anglican books and the west minster confession and I quote:

The Westminster Confession of Faith (1643) states:
God from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass; yet so as thereby neither is God the author of sin; nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures, nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established. By the decree of God, for the manifestation of his glory, some men and angels are predestinated unto everlasting life, and AND OTHERS FOREORDAINED TO EVERLASTING DEATH. As God hath appointed the elect unto glory, so hath He, by the eternal and most free purpose of His will, foreordained all the means thereunto. Wherefore, they who are elected . . . are effectually called unto faith in Christ by His Spirit working in due season, are justified, adopted, sanctified, and kept by His power. through faith, unto salvation. NEITHER ARE ANY OTHER REDEEMED BY CHRIST, EFFECTUALLY CALLED, JUSTIFIED, ADOPTED, SANCTIFIED AND SAVED BUT THE ELECT ONLY. The rest of mankind God was pleased, according to the unsearchable counsel of His own will, whereby He extendeth or withholdeth mercy, as He pleaseth, for the glory of His Sovereign power over His creatures, to pass by; and to ordain them to dishonour and wrath for their sin, to the praise of His glorious justice. (Chap. III — Articles I, III, VI and VII)
The Westminster Confession also states in Chapter X:
All those whom God hath predestinated unto life, and those only, He is pleased, in His appointed time, effectually to call, by His Word and Spirit, out of that state of sin and death, in which they are by nature to grace and salvation, by Jesus Christ; enlightening their minds spiritually and savingly to understand the things of God, taking away their heart of stone, and giving unto them an heart of flesh; renewing their wills, and, by His almighty power, determining them to that which is good, and effectually drawing them to Jesus Christ: yet so, as they come most freely, being made willing by His grace.

Again we see in the Anglican foundational books (the Thirty-Nine Articles) and again I quote:

"XVII. Of Predestination and Election. Predestination to Life is the everlasting purpose of God, whereby (before the foundations of the world were laid) he hath constantly decreed by his counsel secret to us, to deliver from curse and damnation those whom he hath chosen in Christ out of mankind, and to bring them by Christ to everlasting salvation, as vessels made to honour. Wherefore, they which be endued with so excellent a benefit of God, be called according to God's purpose by his Spirit working in due season: they through Grace obey the calling: they be justified freely: they be made sons of God by adoption: they be made like the image of his only- begotten Son Jesus Christ: they walk religiously in good works, and at length, by God's mercy, they attain to everlasting felicity. "

So you see, some men did not choose hell and cannot chose otherwise as God had ordained it. I have shown you from the Bible and from theological establishments. Itis repulsive that God will choose to send innocent creatures who were created against their wills to hell. Why not just make us not exist anymore after death? Why the fire? Why Satan? Why hell?
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
desiree_xo:

wow!!! tell me with those vile words are you heaven bound or hell bound abusing the whole family, calling a female teenager an animal.. reason: because she tried to enlighten ur warped mindset..well, i'm not surprised..Christ himself was mocked, beaten and persecuted for our sake(S) how much more me...those words don't mean a thing.
but, remember that on the day of judgement this would be used against you..do not me decieved, God is not mocked. #GodBless

You have been brainwashed. Are you gonna tell me about a bible that commands children to stoned to death if they disobeyed their parents . What would you do if you saw your bible father Abraham trying to stab Isaac with knife? Wont you call a police? Perhaps you gonna let him do it because your stupid god commanded it

I called you silly because you are a fool!
Re: Do You Believe In Heaven And Hell? by desireexo(f): 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
ifeness:

You have been brainwashed. Are you gonna tell me about a bible that commands children to stoned to death if they disobeyed their parents . What would you do if you saw your bible father Abraham trying to stab Isaac with knife? Wont you call a police? Perhaps you gonna let him do it because your stupid god commanded it

I called you silly because you are a fool!

i am not going to banter words with you.you obviously dont know jack about the bible, i never knew people like you still existed!!! you choose not to believe in God?? that is your business but do not drag or use the name of God in vain, u're sooo disrespectful, you just talk anyhow..even the devil doesn't use these derogatory words when referring to My God. not to talk of you mortal being?? you're an atheist and because of your approach and your belief you just wont find God. you're a proud mortal. God doesn't need to prove himself to you neither should i prove my religion, u're not worth the effort..

i hope you learn to bridle your tongue tho..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / Atheist Hangout- UPDATE (Atheist Sermon- THE STORY OF GALLORAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.