Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Manchester United Are Favoured By Referees, Insists Di Matteo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Are Favoured By Referees, Insists Di Matteo (517 Views)

Champions League Winning Coach Roberto Di Matteo Is In Nigeria / Manchester United Are Favoured By Referees, Insists Di Matteo / John Obi Mikel Is Not Important In Chelsea Team- Di Matteo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Are Favoured By Referees, Insists Di Matteo by 9jaIhail(m): 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2012
Manchester United are favoured by referees, insists Di Matteo
After Sir Alex Ferguson dismissed Chelsea's claims of abuse by Mark Clattenburg following Sunday's clash, the Italian questions the Red Devils boss' influence over officials
03-Nov-2012 1:15:00 PM
By Chris Teale
More On : Chelsea FC, Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson, Roberto Di Matteo

Comments

Awesome

Dislike

Ferguson, Di Matteo
Getty

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo's war of words with Sir Alex Ferguson has intensified after the Blues manager claimed that the Scot enjoys an enormous influence over referees' decisions.
Don't Miss

Di Matteo: I have faith in referees
Wenger slates Chelsea over ref row

Warnock standing by Chelsea criticism
Chelsea investigating new racial incident

The Italian was responding to his counterpart's rebuke of the Stamford Bridge outfit's claims that referee Mark Clattenburg abused midfielder John Obi Mikel during the two sides' clash on Sunday.

United won the game 3-2 thanks to a goal from Chicharito, who appeared to be in an offside position, with Branislav Ivanovic and Fernando Torres also being sent off for the hosts, the latter a controversial dismissal.

"I think there is a lot of evidence that United get all the big decisions," Di Matteo told reporters.
CHELSEA LATEST
11/2 Chelsea are 11/2 with PaddyPower to beat Swansea City with five or more total goals in the match

"There are some feelings in general but I don't think they [referees] do that with a purpose, it's just part of their decision-making and it seems to go in one direction."

Chelsea have reported Clattenburg to the Football Association after carrying out an internal investigation of their own and Di Matteo is adamant that they were correct to do so.

"We believe we did what was right. I cannot say more than that because of the investigation," he insisted. "We didn't take the decision lightly. It's a very serious issue.

"He [Sir Alex] likes to talk about other clubs, we tend not to. I'll leave it up to him. It doesn't really affect me too much, to be honest.

"I have to say that it happened in the past as well. I think there is a lot of respect between your colleagues, the managers, in general, and everybody has a different approach. Some people talk about other clubs and clubs' issues and some don't.

"We'll take the knowledge of his comments but it doesn't mean that we share it."

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/137/england/2012/11/03/3498452/manchester-united-are-favoured-by-referees-insists-di-matteo

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think Real Madrid Can Still Defend The League Title Against Barcelona? / Nigeria Debunks Newcastle's Claim Of Stopping Ameobi From Representing Nigeria / Best Sports Joke On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.