Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 (16213 Views)

UCL: Juventus Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 20th November 2012 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool 1 - 1 On 11th November 2012 / Manchester United Vs Arsenal 2 - 1 - On 3rd November 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by mukina2: 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo claims his side needed to produce ``a perfect game'' in their ``must-win'' Champions League clash with Shakhtar Donetsk.

Di Matteo repeated his mantra from last season's stunning upset of Barcelona ahead of Wednesday night's crunch showdown at Stamford Bridge.

The Italian had already billed the Group E game with Shakhtar as Chelsea's biggest since they were crowned kings of Europe, and he was under no illusions about the task facing his side against opponents who completely outplayed them in the reverse fixture two weeks ago to move three points clear at the top of the pool.

Admitting it was time his players played like European champions after taking just four points from their opening three matches, Di Matteo said: ``We need to be at our best. We need a perfect game night. Every individual player going on the pitch has to perform at the highest of their ability.

``It's important we start well and get the crowd behind us and draw confidence from a good start.''

Di Matteo said ahead of last season's semi-final triumph over Barca that Chelsea needed to produce two ``perfect'' performances.

Their 1-0 home victory over the defending champions was one of several they pulled out of the fire at Stamford Bridge, where they also delivered crucial wins over Napoli, Benfica and Valencia.

They need another such display to regain control of Group E, which they are in real danger of failing to get out of.

Di Matteo said: ``There are some comparisons certainly to last season, when we had must-win games. This is another like that.

``Fortunately, we have players with the experience who have been through that before.

``We have to play the perfect game to beat Shakhtar, but we're strong at home. We've shown that over many years, and we'll be fired up for this game to win it.''

Shakhtar have proven they are no pushovers though, and the Ukrainian side's boss Mircea Lucescu has warned Chelsea he is ready to mastermind another shock victory at Stamford Bridge.

Lucescu was the last manager to win a group game at the home of the Blues when Besiktas triumphed there in 2003.

``I prepare my players knowing very well that absolutely all the teams can be beaten, even Chelsea at home,'' said Lucescu.

Shakhtar's recent win over the European champions was their 17th victory in 18 games this season, their only blip being a 1-1 draw at Juventus.

They have also won a record 23 straight Premier League matches and have not been beaten competitively for almost a year.

The Ukrainians would appear to have all the tools to deal a near-fatal blow to the Champions League hopes of Di Matteo's men.

``For Chelsea, it's probably one of their last good chances to go through the group stage,'' Lucescu said.

``When you play in the championship in your country, you can actually undo your mistakes. But if you play in the Champions League, each loss is very important so you can't just undo it.

``Chelsea are a very strong team but we are not the weakest.''

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/355690/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by timbros(m): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2012
1st to comment! Woooohooooo!! grin grin grin

Chelsea FC 3-1 Shakhtar Donetsk

KTBFFH!

2 Likes

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by BashMe1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
A must win 4 Blues. I remain loyal till d end of time
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
Chelsea don enter soup. I don't see them escaping a lashing from Shakhtar Donetsk.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Luckki1001(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Chelsea must win today oooooo! Today must be treated like a final.

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Whobedatte(m): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
Yes, a record would be set today by being the first defending champion of europe to be eliminated from the group stage. NO WAY FOR SEPE FC up Donetsk
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by solomon111(m): 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva: Chelsea don enter soup. I don't see them escaping a lashing from Shakhtar Donetsk.
u no dey tire?
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Shenez: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2012
In RMD i trust. Chelsea mess them hard like uefalona.
Chelsea na niIn RMD i trust. Chelsea mess them hard like uefalona.
Chelsea na ni
In RMD i trust. Chelsea mess them hard like uefalona.
Chelsea na ni
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Shenez: 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
Whobedatte: Yes, a record would be set today by being the first defending champion of europe to be eliminated from the group stage. NO WAY FOR SEPE FC up Donetsk
HATERS!
Keef off.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by sylve11: 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva: Chelsea don enter soup. I don't see them escaping a lashing from Shakhtar Donetsk.

Abi o. cool
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Godmann(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
A difficult game. But Heroes are made by difficult.

Await and Chelsea 5-star performance tonight
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Odinaka00(m): 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2012

Nwanne keedi club ina awiri onodu? I think say you βξ chelsea fan sef
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
Odinaka00:

Nwanne keedi club ina awiri onodu? I think say you βξ chelsea fan sef
I don't drink chelsea. I support Enugu Rangers, Barca and Real Madrid.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by timbros(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva:

So so fake...No one, i repeat, no one can support Real Madrid AND Barcelona at once. Do you know what your talking about? A rivalry that goes beyond football!

I'll just take you as a Enugu Rangers fan, which btw is ok smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Akshow: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
my freaking sperm is BLUE. Lets go there Joor
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
timbros:

So so fake...No one, i repeat, no one can support Real Madrid AND Barcelona at once. Do you know what your talking about? A rivalry that goes beyond football!

I'll just take you as a Enugu Rangers fan, which btw is ok smiley smiley
I used to be a hardcore Madrid fan during the days of Louis Figo and Zinedin Zidane. I now support Barca but still have a soft spot for Madrid though i support Barca when both teams are playing. But Enugu Rangers remains my number one team the world over.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by seco4real: 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hope We win #teamBlue# YOLO
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by RedLight1: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva:
what kinda person support real madrid and barca at the same time? shocked shocked
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
angry This Time, No Mercy... WE r Sending a Message to Shakhtar Donetsk that they Can keep Their William... angry angry angry angry WE GOT #MAZACAR cool

BLUES till Goodluck Jonathan be the President of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! cool
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
Today, the Blues have to dominate the guys from Ukraine. With a near full strength team, I'm expecting a better Chelsea performance than 2 weeks ago.

MAZACAR, Mikel and Torres, make una no fall pesin hand oh today. Anyway it will be Chelsea 2 - 0 Shakhtar.

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
Bimfo: angry This Time, No Mercy... WE r Sending a Message to Shakhtar Donetsk that they Can keep Their William... angry angry angry angry WE GOT #MAZACAR cool

BLUES till Goodluck Jonathan be the President of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! cool

Lol grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
Red-Light:

what kinda person support real madrid and barca at the same time? shocked shocked
Afam bu Afam
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Odinaka00(m): 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva:

Barca and real madrid? In that case I support enyimba, man utd and chelsea
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Decryptor(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
Chelsick 1 - Shaktar 2 tongue
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by 1025: 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
Red-Light:

broda,
are u new here? u seem to be the only person here that does not know that thing(afam4ever) that u are talking to. that thing(afam4ever) confuse die so let it be.

@topic,
the only way to know the hard workers is when the work is hard. at least, chelsea does not depend on any ref to win matches.
we are the current european champions.

1 Like

Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by RedLight1: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Afam bu Afam
afam? is that a name of a soup? grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by 5much(m): 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
CHELSEA 2 SHAKTAR 1
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by ujchief(m): 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
1025:
at least, chelsea does not depend on any ref to win matches.
we are the current european champions.
what sort of self-consolation is this? U're at the brink of being disgraced out from ucl at group stage. Cant u defend ur title, or at least, pretend to defend it? Keep on whining about refs.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3 - 2 On 7th November 2012 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
Carlos Velasco Carballo (Spain) will be tonight's Referee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City (0 - 0) On 7th October 2018 / Champions League Final Delayed By 15 Minutes For "Security Reasons" / Vidi FC Vs Chelsea: Europa League (2 - 2) On 13th December 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.