Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe (2339 Views)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Redeem Pastor Escapes From Boko Haram After 10 Months In Captivity / Redeem Church Acquires Camp In The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by hotfunmi(f): 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2008
Redeemed Church pastor docked over N5.7m tithe
By Wale Igbintade eporter, Lagos

A Pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Joseph Itegbe, was on Tuesday arraigned at Tapa Magistrate’s Court in Lagos for allegedly stealing N5.7 million tithe belonging to the church.

Police prosecutor, S. Malo, said between January 2006 and January 2007 Itegbe conspired with others (now at large) to steal a First Bank of Nigeria draft valued N2,360,000 being tithe of church members in The Master Place Province 8, in Gbagada, Lagos.

He told the court that Itegbe stole another First Bank draft valued N3,200,00 as well as a cheque worth N130,000.

Itegbe also allegedly forged a letter purportedly written by the church to the bank manager.

He pleaded not guilty to all the charges, and was granted bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum.

Magistrate Osho Adebiyi adjourned the matter till February 25.

In another case, Magistrate J.O. Awope of Tapa Magistrate’s Court remanded three suspected pipeline vandals in prison custody.

The accused persons were said to have on December 24 last year in Alakija, Lagos conspired to commit felony, to wit: malicious breaking of the pipeline of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in the area.

Prosecution counsel, Justin Enang, said this contravenes Section 3(7)(a) of the Special Tribunal (Miscellaneous) Act, 2004; punishable under Section 516 of the Criminal Code.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jan/30/712.html
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by hotfunmi(f): 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2008
last days.
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by dafidixone(m): 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2008
Prayer Points for RCCG Time of Fast( February 2008)
DAY 1

Let us offer unto God praise and thanksgiving for the commencement of the Fasting period. Psa. 50:14

Let us publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. Psa. 26:7

Let us praise the name of God with a song, and magnify Him with thanksgiving. Psa. 69:30

Let us enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psa. 100:4

Let us appreciate God for participating in this special prayer with fasting month. He says "…blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see: For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them Luke 10:23-24

DAY 2:

Praise God for numerical and spiritual increase in RCCG. Thank God for restoration of backsliders to the faith. Thank God for increase in parishes and zones. Acts 2:41,47

Praise God for the grace given to us to remain and continue in the Faith. Acts 14:22.

Praise God for new things, the next level that shall spring forth.
Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Praise God for He will make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 42:9;43:19; Rev 21:5

DAY 3:

Thank God for all personal successes and all corporate successes (e.g. of the church, family and group).

Praise God for His provisions for you and for the church Psa. 65:9-13; 145:5-16

Praise God for His faithfulness. Luke 13:1-5; Lam3:22-23.

Pray for holiness in our parishes "… holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever." Psa. 93:5; Jer. 2:3

Pray the redeemers will worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. Psa. 96:9

Day 4:

Thank God for giving you the strength to fast and pray

Thank God for the victory over your enemies.

Thank God for the power of unity that has been released upon our families.

Thank God for the success of this prayer and fasting month.

Thank God for all the anointed ministers of God

Father I praise and give thanks to your holy name for all that you have done in my life, family and church in Jesus name

DAY 5

Confess and forsake all your sins. Ask God through Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your transgressions. Psa. 51:1-4; Prov.28:13; Psa. 66:18

Ask the blood of Jesus to wash you clean. Isa. 1:18

Ask God for mercies upon all your shortcomings. 2Chr.7:14

Pray that the Lord will cause every form of self interest, self love self concern that may hinder our prayers to die completely in our lives.

Ask God to cause us to become alive to the demands of His kingdom afresh.

DAY 6:

Father I receive the outpouring of the Holy Spirit anointing to take my church to the next level of promotion. Joel 2:28-30

Father I receive of your favor that brings deliverance, freedom honor and fulfillment to my destiny in Jesus name. Acts 16:25-26

Father I receive result of unusual promotion to the next level in Jesus name

DAY 7:

That God should give every member of the Church the grace to have the mind of evangelism in Jesus name .1 Cor.9:16

Pray against spiritual barrenness (Matt. 21:18-22, Isaiah 66:7-10).

I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small. Jer. 30:19

That God should enable every minister and member to make Christ his/her model in the field of evangelism. 1 Corin. 11:1

DAY 8:

"For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Phil.1:20-21). Pray that God should cause every minister and member of RCCG to see like Paul see the need for aggressive evangelism.

Pray that God should cause every regenerated member of our church to see the burden behind this verse of scripture and receive a challenge for resourceful evangelism (Rom. 1:14-17)

That God should cause every member to know that the goal of evangelism is heaven and to strive to preach to sinners this year than ever before, with the aim of realizing this goal in Jesus name.

DAY 9:

Prayer for fruitful ministration of the WORD in Jesus name contd.

Pray Lord, give me apostolic passion for souls, and cause me to have the mind of Christ for the sinners around me this (Acts 6:2-4).

That God should cause every spirit-filled member of of the Church to fulfill the purpose of Pentecost; preaching Christ with boldness (Acts 4:31).

Father I praise and give thanks to your holy name for all that you have done in my life, family and church in Jesus name

DAY 10

That God should supply us with all things that make: the work of soul winning easy and encouraging.

That money shall no longer be a barrier to fruitful outreaches in the Church. That God should supply all the money that is needed to carry our resourceful and aggressive evangelism.

That God should bless our brethren mightily so as to enable them donate generously for the furtherance of the Gospel to all nations (Acts 4:31-37)

That the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the entire world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matt 24:14.

DAY 11

Destroy all the tools which the devil uses against people to hinder them from receiving the Gospel. Father let all tactics of satan to deceive with love of money, love of power/position, fear of persecution, hard-heartedness and ignorance be destroyed in Jesus name. (Acts 13:4-12).

Pray that we shall enjoy constant, consistent and continual leading of the Holy Ghost in order to have fruitful evangelism and outreaches (Acts 16:9-13).

DAY 12

Let us pray that our preaching will be backed up by God’s power, and perform great wonders that the people may believe the Gospel (Acts 4:27-30, 1Corin. 2:4).

Pray for the wisdom, commitment, and discipline required to follow up converts and disciple them for Christ (Acts 15:36, Acts 14:22-23).

Pray that God should make you an effective soul-winner henceforth

DAY 13

Prayer for our elders. They shall live a fulfill life in Jesus name

We shall not die premature in Jesus name

Nobody will die through air, land or sea crash in Jesus’ name

Every covenant of death is nullified in Jesus’ name

Psalm 91 provisions will avail for us in Jesus’ name

DAY 14

That God should cause our pulpits to generate the volume of fire needed to quicken, revive and awake the saints. Habakkuk 3:1-2

That God should equip our pastors with anointing that will cause them to have results.

That God should enable our pastors to give effective and seasoned teachings that is relevant to the needs of their hearers. Lk. 24:32; Acts 9:6

DAY 15

That God should cause all ministrations and teachings to be done under open heaven to the intent that the mind of God will be known to people and the needs of men be met.

That God should help our pastors to see the need to give the pulpit the needed priority – attention so that they can always come up with worthwhile spiritual food from God for their congregations.

That God should grant out preachers the grace to pray qualitatively and fast objectively in preparation for their pulpit assignments so that it can yield Christ – honoring results.

DAY 16

Prayer for firm foundation

Ask the Lord to uphold you to the end. Ask the Lord to give you the grace so that you will not slip or fall in Jesus name. Ask the Lord to renew your strength like the eagles. Psa. 103:5; Isa. 40:30

Pray that God should help build your life on the Word of God.

Destroy every form of distractions that will shift your focus from the word.

Tell God to help you build your life on the foundation of truthfulness, righteousness and holiness. Pro. 14:34

O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works Psa. 71:17

"They will not forget their Creator in the days of their youth", Ecc. 12:1

Ask the Lord to help you to flee from youthful lusts and follow after righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart 2Tim. 2:22

DAY 17

Report every enemy of your live and church to God 2Chr.20:10-13

Decree, bind and cast out all the troublers of our parishes Matt. 16:20; Ps.2:1-5; Jer50:20-25

Declare the Lordship of Jesus over your family. Job 1:9-10

Declare an end to the plan of the enemy against the church of God. Ex.14:13-14; 1Sam.2:10

DAY 18

Let us nullify every weapon formed against our life , Bible Study life, business, and home management.Is.54:16-17

Ask God to Scatter your enemies Is.54:15

Pull down every stronghold----plaque, affliction, oppression, covenant, curses, evil habit, sickness, failure, disappointment, satanic monitoring agents---- from your lives in Jesus name. 2Cor. 10: 3-6

Confess that Jesus has set you free and so you are free from all intimidation (John 8:36, Rom 8:2, Gal 5:1).

DAY 19

Thank God on behalf of all the families in RCCG.

Pray for those families that departed from the Lord that God should give them grace to truly repent and totally return unto God. (Zech. 12:10-14).

Let us pray that God should forgive the sins of families whose sins have become sources of problems

Destroy every wrong standard that each family had approved which in effect had made God to be distant from their families.

Let us attack all the forces contending with husbands in each family.

Destroy all the forces contending with the wives.

DAY 20

Pray for the resurrection of family altars (Acts 10:1-2,24)

Pray that God should help families to willingly submit themselves unto God (Joshua 24:15; Judges 5:1)

Decree the blessings of Abraham Isaac and Jacob upon all the families of RCCG Job.22:28

DAY 21

Pray that everything that works lack-ness in your life be destroyed

Pray that the anointing of the Holy Spirit will destroy yokes in your life. Is.10:27

Pray that God should baptize you with his grace that will cost you never to lack any good thing (Ps 34:10 )

Pray that you should not lack the power and the presence of God in your life.

Pray against all habits and human practices that open the door for the spirit of lack and devourers in your life (Mal 3:8-9)

Pray that the spoilers will not prosper or prevail in your life, family, business this year in Jesus Name

DAY 22

Prayer for Daddy Adeboye, Mummy GO, and all Elders of the Church and their families

Pray that God should cover their ministries with the fire of God. He shall continue to be carrier of His power in Jesus’ name

Pray that God should renew their strength and fortify their spirit

Pray that God should anoint them above their fellows (Ps 45:7)

Pray that they will not faint or fall in Jesus name.

DAY 23

Bless God for blessing our faithful workers and ministers

Destroy every accusation of the devil against our ministers (Zech 3:1-4)

Pray that God should cut off all satanic host against our ministers (Ps 143:12); 2Kings 6:8-23

Pray God should grant them understanding to do his work properly (Ps119:125)

Pray that the desire of money and earthly goods will not take them away from their ministries. 1Tim. 6:10; 2Tim. 4:10

Pray that the teachings of these servants of God shall minister grace and turn many into righteousness (Eph. 4:29); 1Thessa. 1:5-6

DAY 24

Pray that God should give our leaders wisdom knowledge and understanding. 1Tim.2:1-4

Pray for boldness to speak the truth and declare the counsel of God without fear and favor

Pray that God should give us peace in our time, let wars and hostilities cease in all countries

Pray that the Lord should save us from natural disasters and artificial disasters. (I Tim 2:1-3)

Day 25

That God will fill us with all wisdom to manage our homes discretely so that the enemy will have no entry point.

That every form of demonic deception that causes men to despise their own families and wives be broken over every man in our church.

That every form of matrimonial calamity in our homes be broken and or avoided.

That God should make us wiser than our enemies.

That God should fill us with power to totally subdue our enemies under our feet.

Read Job 31:9-12 again and pray with it.

That God should cause you to assume and maintain your biblical position and authority in your home.

God should fill you with the required wisdom, anointing and strength to function as a priest, provider and protector.

That your family should lack no provision, protection, and power any more.

That God should cause you to fear him and delight greatly in him so that you may be blessed.

That every power of financial limitation over your business and work be broken.

That God should greatly bless the work of your hands.

That all demons in their various form of poverty be cast out of your family.

Day 26

· Prayer for good women leadership that God should give them divine wisdom.

· Prayer for growth of women fellowship in our churches

· That God should help you to discover your ministry.

· That God should fill you with the necessary inspiration, vision and strength to fulfil God's purpose for your life.

· That you will not fail God during your own time.

· That nobody will take your assignment.

· That God should give you long life, good health and should mind to pursue His work and to finish it.

· That God should help you with the Spirit of Wisdom to escape the sleight of deceitful men. Read Is. 11:1-3.

DAY 27

Father give me oil in my lamp that I may keep burning increase the intensity of fire on my altar and let not the fire go out (Lev 6:12-13).

I command every gate and door to my breakthrough open in Jesus name (Ps 24:7)

Father take me to my rest before this year ends and free my life from all struggles, pains and stresses in Jesus name (Matt 11:28).

Break every law of death over my life. I shall not die but live to declare the works of the Lord (Hosea 13:14)

Father I praise and give thanks to your holy name for all that you have done in my life, family and church in Jesus name.

DAY 28

We pull down every evil establishment and uproot all the satanic trees in the land in Jesus name.

We come against every spirit of anti-Christ working against this land and command them to be permanently frustrated, in Jesus name.

We subdue every territorial demons, marine spirits, and serpentine spirits, spirit of Jezebel and violence operating in this land in the name of Jesus.

We bind all negative forces operating, influencing and oppressing the people and the church in this land in the name of Jesus. 2 Cor. 10:4-6

DAY 29:

Let us thank for the completion of this month of prayer with fasting.

Let us thank God for the strength and grace 2 Cor9:8

Let us thank God for the next level

Let us thank God for His abilities to answer our desires more than we requested or thought.

Let us thank God for the provisions for His vision.

Let us thank God for every participant in this prayer with fasting
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by hotfunmi(f): 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2008
@dafidixone, what has this prayer got to do with the fact that their pastor stole their tithes? I am sure that if you investigate more, there will be other pastors that do the same. Can we Nigerians be objective for once and desist from another using religion to blindfold us. Somebody is stealing from you and you are quoting prayer points.
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by dafidixone(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2008
@dafidixone, what has this prayer got to do with the fact that their pastor stole their tithes? I am sure that if you investigate more, there will be other pastors that do the same. Can we Nigerians be objective for once and desist from another using religion to blindfold us. Somebody is stealing from you and you are quoting prayer points.

I was their tithes and not yours. Are you happy to hear that news or you feel bad? grin

Those Prayer Points are also meant to project you to a better thing than this. Time is wisdom. grin
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by hotfunmi(f): 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2008
I was their tithes and not yours. Are you happy to hear that news or you feel bad? Those Prayer Points are also meant to project you to a better thing than this. Time is wisdom
Who is theirs? do you know if my contribution is there? Even if it's theirs, does that justify a pastor stealing them? If they don't care that much, why are they pressing charges? why don't they let him go scot free? . Prayer points are good but that does not mean that if Yaradua is busy stealing our money, we'll be engrossed in prayer points than asking him questions.You cannot solve the ills in our society by covering them with a blanket. [s]For you shall know the truth and only the truth shall set you free--john 8:32.[/s]
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by chikibaybi(f): 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2008
Na wah o
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2008
Ananias without a Saphira.

This is not new!
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by osisi5: 9:23pm On Jan 31, 2008
If this is proven,he ought to be punished to the full extent of the law for forgery,larceny and any other related charges.
That would send a clear message to any would be thieves that God may forgive stealing but we humans can throw them behind bars and feed them watery beans.
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by hotfunmi(f): 6:29am On Feb 01, 2008
Lol at watery beans. You want him to die from runny stomach? I don't subscribe to torture, but he should do restitution. Most of these pastors should be thoroughly investigated. The problem with we Nigerian christians is that we are too afraid to question or even suspect a man of God and that gave them the immunity to do whatever they want. You may ask yourself why many televangelists went haywire when the American congress was considering investigating them for tax fraud.
[s]What happened to the pastor/s that duped Benny Hinn $4m and painted Nigerians in the diaspora black because it was on CNN,FOx etc[/s]. This pastor/s still flaunt their love-vendor suits in Naija while searching for another American mugu to dupe. Many come to local American churches, ask for money to aid African children,build churches and schools them , collect a huge amount and vanish in Nigeria with a Rolls royce and a private jet. Shall we continue to make excuses for these wolves in sheeps clothings? Lots of catholic priests were indicted in America for sex related offences, followed by some pentecostal preachers for homosexuality, do you think that things like that cannot be seen in our local churches in Naija?
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by pilgrim1(f): 11:50am On Feb 01, 2008
hotfunmi:

@dafidixone, what has this prayer got to do with the fact that their pastor stole their tithes? . . Somebody is stealing from you and you are quoting prayer points.

That any pastor is accused of stealing tithes or other financial malpractices does not therefore mean that the whole Church should come under the allegation.

There are many people in highly respected positions today that have been accused of all sorts - within Nigeria and in other places. Christ Embassy (Believers LoveWorld) has weathered its own stormy episode and the gist has been discussed on this Forum as well. Yep, Benny Hinn's saga was another episode discussed on this Forum as well. Thousands more happen around the world which have not been discussed yet on the Forum. But do these allegations of these individuals adversely affect the whole?

Let's bring the picture closer home:

[list]Every single day since being called to a place of high financial trust, this fellow was busy stealing from the treasury. His colleagues knew about the shady deals and financial malpratices of the gentleman in question; but they didn't let that derail them from their singular objective. Of course, the fellow got several serious warnings from the 'Boss', but he chose rather to continue with his malpractices. No one ever brought any allegation of rape and adultery against him; and when a special transaction was commissioned, he also achieved great success along with his colleagues.

Perhaps a few people besides his colleagues might have suspected that the gentleman was not to be trusted as he had problems with money - we cannot say for sure; and as far as we know, it's only fair to say no more than mere public suspicion. However, what the public was more concerned with was what the whole group stood for - the group had one driving force that was always promoting the lives of everyone they came in contact with! Of course, they were hated by other groups - but they never failed to keep their focus on their singular objective! In the end, they have remained a force to be reckoned with in the world today, inspite of increasing attacks on them from every part of the world!
[/list]

The above simply illustrates the case with Judas and the apostles. They knew that Judas did not care for the poor, but was "a thief, had the bag, and bare what was put therein" (John 12:6). Jesus gave him several warnings (John 6:70-71); but Judas simply went on stealing. . . until his greed led him to betray Jesus for 30 pices of silver.

Yet, all the time that Judas was stealing money from the treasury, there was only one thing in Jesus' mind - John 4:34. The apostles likewise did not let accusations here and there about whatever to derail their commission. Today, inspite of all the accusations, the Gospel is being preached to every nation - and lives are being blessed.

Please note well - these accusations are not limited to just leaders in Churches. Imams in Mosques also do the same; non-religious folks in various financial institutions do the same; and even in the home today, kids do not need to be religiously conscious before they filch nickles from their parents' purses and wallets!

When I read complaints about people being accused in churches about this, that or the other, I often think of the wisdom in apostle Paul's summations in this regard:

Php. 1:18
What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence,
or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea,
and will rejoice.

There's far more than the accusations of financial misappropriation in the Church. Christ is preached - and therein I do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice - that surely is not a hard thing to do when you keep your focus on Jesus!! Those who are disciples of Judas can keep chasing after their 30 pieces of silver in and out of the Church - but no such allegations can bring down the Church or the Gospel!

Certainly accusations should be examined and the guilty party dealt with accordingly (1 Tim. 5:19 & 20). But friends, as long as you do not participate in such vices, keep your focus on Jesus - and nothing will shake you!
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by hotfunmi(f): 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2008
[b]That any pastor is accused of stealing tithes or other financial malpractices does not therefore mean that the whole Church should come under the allegation.[/b]There are many people in highly respected positions today that have been accused of all sorts - within Nigeria and in other places. Christ Embassy (Believers LoveWorld) has weathered its own stormy episode and the gist has been discussed on this Forum as well. Yep, Benny Hinn's saga was another episode discussed on this Forum as well. Thousands more happen around the world which have not been discussed yet on the Forum. But do these allegations of these individuals adversely affect the whole?
Who is accusing the whole church? The story was RCCG pastor stole church tithe and he/she replied with prayer points. What has prayer points gotta do with the story? And now you came back with a thesis and probable defence strategy. Sweeping your problems under the rug will not make them go away. The truth is that most of these ministers and pastors use your head in the name of bible. Take it or leave it unless you are a religious LovePeddler. Stop all these "oh my pastor"  and "oh my church" moves for it's no less than idolatory.

Again, although what you said is irrelevant here, I hope you use that yardstick to measure everything you say here ex, catholics and voodoo worship with their pope, catholics and this and that? I am glad you even accepted that your own house is not as perfect as most of you folks make them to be.
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by pilgrim1(f): 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
@hotfunmi,

Sometimes your posts make me wonder whether or not you carefully read through before making postulations. Here, let me walk you through your own misgivings:

hotfunmi:

Who is accusing the whole church? The story was RCCG pastor stole church tithe and he/she replied with prayer points. What has prayer points gotta do with the story?

Your premise was to use the case of one allegation against a pastor to make a sweeping lambast against the RCCG. Of course, not so many people will be able to see through the cavalier until they re-read this part of your quote carefully enough:

hotfunmi:

@dafidixone, what has this prayer got to do with the fact that their pastor stole their tithes? I am sure that if you investigate more, there will be other pastors that do the same. . . Somebody is stealing from you and you are quoting prayer points.

One case has become the case of "other pastors" - and your idea of being objective is to make a sweeping statement that somebody is stealing "from you", as if the pastor being accused was actually stealing from dafidixone!

If you want to be very particular about one incident, why not stick with it and deal with it in that context?

hotfunmi:

And now you came back with a thesis and probable defence strategy.

Please grow up. Where did I try to "defend" stealing? I really would like to see you quote me directly and not make such cheap inferences just to sound intelligent.

hotfunmi:

Sweeping your problems under the rug will not make them go away.

Sorry, it is not my problem; and hooting so loud and incessantly about this case is not going to promote your life either.

hotfunmi:

The truth is that most of these ministers and pastors use your head in the name of bible.

Haha! Perhaps you're talking out of experience! grin No vex. . . they never used my head, nor will they be able to do so.

hotfunmi:

Take it or leave it unless you are a religious LovePeddler. Stop all these "oh my pastor" and "oh my church" moves for it's no less than idolatory.

I hear. Unless you have a sanctimonious version of your own whoredom to preserve, I don't see where I have tried to make anybody in this thread a matter of "oh my pastor" or "oh my church".
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by hotfunmi(f): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2008
@pilgrim, I am not here to argue with you because you are hell bent on derailing the real premise of the argument. What you accused me of is an assumption and not a fact because you do not know my relationship with RCCG or any other church. The truth is that I am scarcely attached emotionally to any church or pastor like many of you do and it affords me the opportunity to see through my rims. The other fellow asked me whether it's my money and i can as well shut up, here you are accusing me of painting RCCg black when all I said was their pastor stole and if we look deeper, there will be others. I don't do church politics especially after our Nigerian pastor in our local church here touched my sisters breast 2x in our own house.

My question to you remains, what has the long thesis and how zachaeus climbed the sycamore tree got to do with the pastor stealing tithes? It's a lot of who shot john to me. I am too old to be hoodwinked. So, get lost!
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by IDINRETE: 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hotfunmi na wao o

please cool down now abeg  se pele die die o,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by pilgrim1(f): 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2008
@hotfunmi,

hotfunmi:

@pilgrim, I am not here to argue with you because you are hell bent on derailing the real premise of the argument. What you accused me of is an assumption and not a fact because you do not know my relationship with RCCG or any other church.

I'm not in this thread to either argue, or be hellbent on derailing anything. The allegations you level against others do not prove that you have an inkling of their relationships with any pastor or church. If you may be free to lay such claims, others have their prerogative to point out these mendacious hypocrisy and ask you to kindly smart up for it!

hotfunmi:

The truth is that I am scarcely attached emotionally to any church or pastor like many of you do and it affords me the opportunity to see through my rims.

Lol, hotfunmi. . how many people do you suppose are emotionally attached to their pastors? grin Do you see how you make sweeping generalizations and yet tend to often cry hooha when the same inferences are applied to you?

hotfunmi:

The other fellow asked me whether it's my money and i can as well shut up, here you are accusing me of painting RCCg black when all I said was their pastor stole and if we look deeper, there will be others.

Go back to my first post - I didn't make the remotest inference to any of the ideas you have whined up here. Of course, it boils down to the same thing - that you're seeking a back door entrance from one particular case to blow it to "others", thank you and well done! grin

hotfunmi:

I don't do church politics especially after our Nigerian pastor in our local church here touched my sisters breast 2x in our own house.

I'm sad to read that. I really apologise that you might have had such an experience. However, would that be reason for you to make generalized statements about others where you simply have no clue about their particular cases?

hotfunmi:

My question to you remains, what has the long thesis and how zachaeus climbed the sycamore tree got to do with the pastor stealing tithes? It's a lot of who shot john to me. I am too old to be hoodwinked. So, get lost!

Thanks for the words in bold! grin Zacchaeus was not even mentioned in my posts, unless you'd have a rational for asking him to comply with the same words in bold.

Enjoy.
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by hotfunmi(f): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2008
Go back to my first post - I didn't make the remotest inference to any of the ideas you have whined up here. Of course, it boils down to the same thing - that you're seeking a back door entrance from one particular case to blow it to "others", thank you and well done!

No, I am not. It sounds like you are putting words into my mouth. My stance is, we should look deeper and investigate not only our local pastors but church elders too. They prolong our stay in churches day by day to forestall any "funny" idea of looking deeper in the affairs of our coffers. In Nigeria, pastors/ministers are untouchable, people like to look unto them as icons and will scarcely muster any courage to ask questions even when what he/she is doing is glaring.
If we criticize our corrupt govt officials, mayors and kings, why not pastors and imams? Afterall, those govt offficials are ordained by God too.
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by pilgrim1(f): 6:31pm On Feb 01, 2008
hotfunmi:

No, I am not. It sounds like you are putting words into my mouth. My stance is, we should look deeper and investigate not only our local pastors but church elders too. They prolong our stay in churches day by day to forestall any "funny" idea of looking deeper in the affairs of our coffers. In Nigeria, pastors/ministers are untouchable, people like to look unto them as icons and will scarcely muster any courage to ask questions even when what he/she is doing is glaring.
If we criticize our corrupt govt officials, mayors and kings, why not pastors and imams? Afterall, those govt offficials are ordained by God too.

I feel you hotfunmi, I do.  smiley

It was not my aim to exchange any unpleasantries with you on any matter. I guess I got hot-headed there; but thank God for my many God-sent friends who whip me back to a godlike humility - which they just did (we often enjoy the evenings together like this).

Here, I'm humbled by just one thing, though: it is true that the church I attend does not encourage some of the things that get you peeved. They are open about Church finances; they welcome criticism with such godly humility; they encourage us to ask questions - especially about issues that would help them to be more accountable. . . and a whole lot of other things that challenge us to feel quite at home in our church fellowship without the need to be proud.

I would simply just comply with my friends here on two things they've asked me to do:

~ apologise where you might have misread me

~ humbly seek a healthy input and not push anything where people may further misread me!

I'm thankful for such a blessing of godly people around me; and I do hope to be a blessing to others in my small ways.

- - - - - -

That said, I should no further be tedious to you or anyone in this thread, so that the topic can be discussed as was originally planned.

Many blessings, hotfunmi. wink
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by hotfunmi(f): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2008
I appreciate, accept my apologies too.
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by Millena(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2008
@Poster
Pastors are men just like you and I. They can stumble. Just like Jesus said "let he who has no sin cast the first stone". I presume you must have stolen something sometime in your life. So, dont judge the Pastor. The good news is that no matter what sin we have committed, God is ever willign and ready to forgive us of our sins once we repent and forsake such sins.

@ dafidixone

Thanks for converting negativity to positivity. It pays to spread the message anywhere, anyhow and anytime.
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2008
get so bored with all this stuff abt men of God. some pips are just employed to do such nasty thinghs online as rubbish someones image even when the man stands innocent by law.shucks!
Re: Redeem Pastor Steals Tithe by dafidixone(m): 11:34am On Feb 02, 2008
@ dafidixone

Thanks for converting negativity to positivity. It pays to spread the message anywhere, anyhow and anytime.

I think the issue here is not that of converting negativity into positivity. grin The issue here is that I want people to take an objective look at issue at every point in time. Reffering to Pilgrim contributions here I like people to emulate such intellectual argument.

RCCG is a credible Christian Gathering known for Holiness smiley I would have appreciated this topic better if the poster is very objective by mentioning the Pastor's name and not painting an Office ordained by God with such demonic uterances. For future argument, I like to encourage people to spend more time making adequate research before posting topics here. grin

More over, I want us to know that not all the call Lord! Lord! will enter the Kingdom of God.

Finally, we need to ask ourselves, what will Jesus do in this kind of situation. grin Let us not be Hypocritical on other people. John 8:7

@ poster Join the RCCG in this TOF
Shallom! grin

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Christian Website / Image Of Head Of Biblical Goliath Being Exhumed Leaks On The Internet / 40 Days And 40 Nights' Dry, Is It Possible In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.