Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Letz Chit Chat - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letz Chit Chat (2288 Views)

Come Here, Letz Av Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 10:14am On Nov 07, 2012
I really don't know the title to give this...

How do u FEEL when someone (an opp sex) goes out of his way to serve u, run errands for u, try to please u and be there for you even when it is obvious you can't date the person?

It is clear this person likes you and if things were different he/she would have loved to date u.

I do know how to handle such situations, but it sometimes saddens me esp. when the person is someone 'lower' than you. I usually try my best to reject/reciprocate such gestures in the most polite and humble way possible.

But to be sincere, it can be awkward.

So, how do u feel?

Does it excite you?
Make u proud?
Do u feel like u are taking advantage of the person?
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Johndoe100(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2012
Why can't you date the person? What do you mean by date? Does the person want to "date" you or just hit you and be on his way? Please for men the two are not the same thing.

Tgirl4real: I really don't know the title to give this...

How do u FEEL when someone (an opp sex) goes out of his way to serve u, run errands for u, try to please u and be there for you even when it is obvious you can't date the person?

I do know how to handle such situations, but it sometimes saddens me esp. when the person is someone 'lower' than you. I usually try my best to reject/reciprocate such gestures in the most polite and humble way possible.

So, how do u feel?

Does it excite you?
Make u proud?
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2012
Johndoe100: Why can't you date the person?

Because I can't just date the person or cos I don't wanna date the person. tongue

Does the person want to "date" you or just hit you and be on his way? Please for men the two are not the same thing.

U can fill in the gap.

I would appreciate u answer the question instead. The thread is not gender based.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 07, 2012
If he wants to run errands for me, who am I to complain? So no I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of the person. It's not as if I requested he did it. His reward is in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Letz Chit Chat by UjSizzle(f): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2012
I feel like I'm taking advantage of him. Sometimes it's beyond your power to stop it; men can be really stubborn when they're hell bent on getting what they want. But then this only stands if he has an interest in dating me. If he doesn't I'll just sit back and enjoy the free labour grin
Re: Letz Chit Chat by UjSizzle(f): 11:28am On Nov 07, 2012
stillwater: If he wants to run errands for me, who am I to complain? So no I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of the person. It's not as if I requested he did it. His reward is in heaven.
lol
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2012
stillwater: If he wants to run errands for me, who am I to complain? So no I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of the person. It's not as if I requested he did it. His reward is in heaven.

lol. U wickiid! grin
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2012
Has this person even implied he wants to date you?
Is our imagination running riot here?
Chilvary is not dead in every male,so at times some men may just like to help their women folk out because they are the weaker sex,or because they remind them of their kid sisters or because they just wanna be nice.
The problem starts when the female being helped starts reading meanings into this help and believes the man wants to date her.
There is still something called platonic relationships between men and women.

2 Likes

Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 11:45am On Nov 07, 2012
Richvkunt: Has this person even implied he wants to date you?
Is our imagination running riot here?
Chilvary is not dead in every male,so at times some men may just like to help their women folk out because they are the weaker sex,or because they remind them of their kid sisters or because they just wanna be nice.
The problem starts when the female being helped starts reading meanings into this help and believes the man wants to date her.
There is still something called platonic relationships between men and women.

U are right sir. But, u can't deny that there are such awkward moments. grin

BTW, haven't u had ladies run around for u so as just to get ur attention?
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 11:50am On Nov 07, 2012
When I was in high sch, I usually turn down gifts from men so as not to appear that I am leading them on. But, if u go out of ur way to do me a favour, I don't mind o.

When I became more matured, I really don't mind (depending on the kinda gift/favour sha o) as long as I am not encouraging u in anyway. I love defining my relationships.

Now that I am married, I just feel sad about the whole thing. But I still do enjoy the moment. cheesy
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 07, 2012
Tgirl4real:

U are right sir. But, u can't deny that there are such awkward moments. grin

BTW, haven't u had ladies run around for u so as just to get ur attention?

My dear, any lady that runs around brother RVK is asking to get hit. I wil simply follow my animal instincts and then move on.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
Richvkunt:

My dear, any lady that runs around brother RVK is asking to get hit. I wil simply follow my animal instincts and then move on.

hehehehehehe

U see . . .u just answered the question. lol

Ahem! What if it's just an innocent move, ehn? It could just be a platonic friendship she wants. tongue

U know some girls start acting all prim and proper when they see a young, single, rich and well, may be handsome dude on the block. That is when everyone turns to a wife material. grin
Re: Letz Chit Chat by youngdady: 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2012

It is clear this person likes you and if things were different he/she would have loved to date u.

So, how do u feel?

Does it excite you?
Make u proud?

Pls, what do you mean by lower than you? You hinted that you know how to take care of such situation so whats the problem?

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I have a female colleague who tells me all about her relationship with her husband, she even discuss their sex life with me. Of late I've been looking for ways to minimize our interaction without appearing to hurt her feelings, abeg suggestion needed ooooh! I'm not comffy with her anymore.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
@OP
Not all women have to be mounted, and some are best left alone, straight from the get go.....so if i know that her actions have a second meaning other than to help etc then i will politely decline and try to spend as little time with this person as possible. if the gal doesnt get the picture then i will be more direct and simply tell her that i enjoy what she does for me but she has to understand that what we have will never go further than friendship. if she persists thinking that i will change my stand or whatever, then she is blacklisted and i cease contact with her.

one sure thing is NEVER take advantage of this person as they may turn around and become wicked towards you when jilted......or worst!
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
Not all women have to be mounted, and some are best left alone, straight from the get go.....so if i know that her actions have a second meaning other than to help etc then i will politely decline and try to spend as little time with this person as possible. if the gal doesnt get the picture then i will be more direct and simply tell her that i enjoy what she does for me but she has to understand that what we have will never go further than friendship. if she persists thinking that i will change my stand or whatever, then she is blacklisted and i cease contact with her.

one sure thing is NEVER take advantage of this person as they may turn around and become wicked towards you when jilted......or worst!

Yes o . . .d guy can turn to a nasty stalker.

My principle is, if I am not gonna eat what u have to offer, I don't dine with u.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
youngdady:
Pls, what do you mean by lower than you? You hinted that you know how to take care of such situation so whats the problem?

There is no problem. I am just asking how u feel and u could share how u handle such just like MBJ did'

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I have a female colleague who tells me all about her relationship with her husband, she even discuss their sex life with me. Of late I've been looking for ways to minimize our interaction without appearing to hurt her feelings, abeg suggestion needed ooooh! I'm not comffy with her anymore.

U are already on the right track by minimising ur interaction. Just tell her to talk to her hubby next time. tongue
Re: Letz Chit Chat by coogar: 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
youngdady:

she's just lonely.....
why minimise the interaction? there's nothing wrong with 2 grown adults discuss sensitive marital topics - it seems you are the one displaying immature traits here - the lady is married and she knows you know her status - so why are you getting your knickers in a twist?

How do u FEEL when someone (an opp sex) goes out of his way to serve u, run errands for u, try to please u and be there for you even when it is obvious you can't date the person? It is clear this person likes you and if things were different he/she would have loved to date u.

the situation can be very awkward especially for men........women have it easy cos its natural for the men to make such advances and you women can turn down the offer without the men getting really angry about it! women hate to be turned down when they go out of their way to show their cards - and this is when things get really nasty! on one hand, you don't want to ruin her self confidence by telling her no and on the other hand she's either too obese or too ugly to be considered.....

So, how do u feel?
Does it excite you?
Make u proud?

i feel nothing but pity......
if my mood is good, i quickly try to do some matchmaking but it's never worked out - she either refuses or my friends even pass up the offer.........
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Yes o . . .d guy can turn to a nasty stalker.

My principle is, if I am not gonna eat what u have to offer, I don't dine with u.

but sadly many are too hungry to turn down a free meal, and will instead lead this person on, for as much meals as they can get.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by coogar: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
MRbrownJAY:
but sadly many are too hungry to turn down a free meal, and will instead lead this person on, for as much meals as they can get.

it depends on who is doing the asking........
if she's "fit", of course i would be silly to pass up such opportunity even if i am seeing someone else..........but if she's not my type, haaaaaa - i would quickly tell my girlfriend about it! i have to make her think i don't "cheat" and examples like this gives her confidence i am 100% perfect - it's the oldest trick in the world. cool
Re: Letz Chit Chat by UjSizzle(f): 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

Awoof things.

@Coogar. I hope she reads this. Badt guy grin
Re: Letz Chit Chat by coogar: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
uj_sizzle:
@Coogar. I hope she reads this. Badt guy grin

it's true na......
i laugh anytime people say my partner does not cheat - he/she even shows me her toasters and blah blah blah......duh! your partner would only show you such because he wouldn't even date the toaster even if he's single! to make you think he's holy - he quickly shows you a girl is chasing him. when you see such from him, you quickly get sold that the dude is 100% perfect.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Airpure(f): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
Please avoid n discourage such because he may take ur acceptance as consent to d relationship.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 9:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
coogar:

if she's "fit", of course i would be silly to pass up such opportunity even if i am seeing someone else..........but if she's not my type, haaaaaa - i would quickly tell my girlfriend about it! i have to make her think i don't "cheat" and examples like this gives her confidence i am 100% perfect - it's the oldest trick in the world. cool

grin grin grin

I'm sure thatz a big fat lie. tongue
Re: Letz Chit Chat by coogar: 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
Tgirl4real:

grin grin grin

I'm sure thatz a big fat lie. tongue

what's the lie?
Re: Letz Chit Chat by BABE3: 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
coogar:

How does that make you feel, SlimShady? cheesy

So, how do u feel?

Does it excite you?
Make u proud?

Truth is, if you make it clear enough to the person that you don't want him or her, he/she will back off. Friendly hugs, answering their calls, smiling at them, going on dates with them, accepting gifts, making yourself availbale to them, in short, every regular thing you do gives them a glimmer of hope. Bone face and they'll disappear! An immediate death is better than a slow one.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by coogar: 12:33am On Nov 08, 2012
BABE!:

How does that make you feel, SlimShady? cheesy

makes me feel great!
Re: Letz Chit Chat by slimyem: 5:42am On Nov 08, 2012
I hate feeling obliged to the opposite sex and little favourslike that makes me..
One being all over me also irritates me.I don't enjoy it especially if the guy's one i'm not interested in.
I could ask straight-up what his intentions are or i could just stylishly bridge a gap between us.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 08, 2012
coogar: it depends on who is doing the asking........

but before you mount her then you have to make her understand that it is only bedroom sport and nothing else......and even then, she may still go crazy on you when you tell her thank you very much.
and if the gal knows where i live, knows my gf, knows my family etc then whether she is fit or not is irrelevant, as i will still turn her down because there will be too much to loose from that ONE shaag. we all know how some are quick to turn into She devils when they dont get what they want.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by youngdady: 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
coogar:
she's just lonely.....
why minimise the interaction? there's nothing wrong with 2 grown adults discuss sensitive marital topics - it seems you are the one displaying immature traits here - the lady is married and she knows you know her status - so why are you getting your knickers in a twist?

T-girl, abeg nor vex if I seem to be all over ur thread, pls accomodate me. I took ur advise and asked her to talk to her hubby, her response: can't talk 2 hubby all the time, moreover I like talking to u.

@ Coogar, bros I didn't yarn every the other time so lemmie take time to expatiate further. In the begining, she always kept an imaginary line she never crossed in between us. But now she sees nothing wrong in her boobs/bums brushing my body parts (privates inclusive), her hands gripping mine when we discussing.

She's always eager to lemmie know whats happening in the office, blindly comes to my defence even when I know I'm in the wrong. . . .

You're free to call me old fashioned but its getting funny, I've even caught some senior male colleagues eyeing me like. . . young man be kiaful ooooh! The last straw was when she told me herself that a male colleague of ours asked her why she's always seen with me like every single free moment she has. (It also didn't help that I singled her out for lots of presents last time I travelled out of the country, that one sef get hin own story oooh) My broda, my coy na big one wth lots of ogas, ur rep can go up in flames for all the wrong reasons if u not careful (it has nothing to do with competence).

Well, like I said earlier I've minimized my contact with her, she doesn't like it but she's coping.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
@ Youndady,

Thatz d way to go o before she pour sand sand 4 ya garri. U need to be careful cos it's clear she wants a taste of ya kini. sad
Re: Letz Chit Chat by Tgirl4real(f): 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

but before you mount her then you have to make her understand that it is only bedroom sport and nothing else......and even then, she may still go crazy on you when you tell her thank you very much.
and if the gal knows where i live, knows my gf, knows my family etc then whether she is fit or not is irrelevant, as i will still turn her down because there will be too much to loose from that ONE shaag. we all know how some are quick to turn into She devils when they dont get what they want.

Exactly! Some girls will agree to d bedroom sport only to turn to biatches afterwards.
Re: Letz Chit Chat by dare2think: 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
Tgirl4real: When I was in high sch, I usually turn down gifts from men so as not to appear that I am leading them on. But, if u go out of ur way to do me a favour, I don't mind o.

When I became more matured, I really don't mind (depending on the kinda gift/favour sha o) as long as I am not encouraging u in anyway. I love defining my relationships.

Now that I am married, I just feel sad about the whole thing. But I still do enjoy the moment. cheesy

I do hope you are joking about the last part!

You seem as though you are missing being single and you miss all the attention men give you, I MAY BE WRONG

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Wish Your Enemy To Cry When They Hear About Your Success? / I Look Down On Nigerian Men That Say Rice Is Their Best Food! / My Girl Friend Having Issues Having My Siblings Living With Us If We Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.