Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? (7679 Views)

Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Pictures Of A Lady Riding Okada / I Made This Motorbike With My Bare Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by maybach(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2005
Motorbikes are more Fun?

Why are motorbikes (by motorbikes I do not mean okada, but serious machines) not more popular around here? Weather is fine all around the year, lots of places to move around, so why there are no motorbike clubs, more people using them for fun and/or mean of transport??

1. Attraction for the rider. Everywhere else where I have been, a motorbike is a point of attraction on the road. A cool bike, nice suit and helmet and you can pick any girl for a ride. Doesn't really matter if the rider himself is ugly or has bad manners.

2. The feeling. The ones that have tried a power bike at least once know what I am talking about. It's 10k times more fun that any car, full of adrenalin.

3. Beat the traffic anytime.

That would be the first 3 things that I can think of; so why not?

Do you, ladies and gentlemen, like 2 wheeled rides?
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by nike4luv(f): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2005
Yes, I think motor-bikes are more fun. Ladies love men on bikes; it's like rocking men. I think it's sexy and they can go through the trafic anytime. And it's very fast.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by Hunter(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2005
I don't think I would want to test riding a motorbike in nigeria, you only have to look at most car's (dented etc) and then think what would happen to you on a motorbike.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by maybach(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2005
It seems to be true that for some reason the regular drivers do not really care about bikes on the road. A Hummer 2 has "more" priority than a small car; that leaves the bikes no room on the road on the other side.

From my own experience you're less likely to have an accident with a bike than with a car. Ridding a bike is 100% driving; you cannot be distracted by a cellphone, car stereo, smoking, talking with passengers, or whatever else. However the bike accidents tend to be more deadly than anything else on the road.

And, I think driving in Lagos is much more fun than anywhere in the world. Well, it has its challenges wink but I really miss it when I travel outside.

But it's a matter of choice.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by fataiiyo(m): 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2005
bike is dangerous nowadays.................
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by hotangel2(f): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2005
Motorbikes are fun. I remember the last time i was on bike..it was fun...I was like Yehawwwww, i held on to the Hot rider...and held on real tight..Hmm the dude was hot, and the bike was hotter.

Try it in Nigeria, and they'll tell u to take your Okada away..not minding how much u bought it.

MotorBikes are cool, but not in Nigeria.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by nike4luv(f): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2005
yea..its fun on a smooth road
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by layi(m): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2005
Not with the thousands of careless okada riders everywhere.  Na 4 lagos i see okada dey jam okada. Its pretty useless in this part.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by goodguy(m): 4:42am On Sep 09, 2005
Okada men here in Nigeria are messengers of death. They ride carelessly these days.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by IAH(f): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2005
Yeah, motorbikes are fun to ride. I'm talking of Okada. tongue
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by hotangel2(f): 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2005
ha... IAh is right sha. Okada's are fun. But i dare not sit with both my legs on one side. I will fall ehhhhhhhhhhh. I always sit like open legs. i don't care what i have have on. Who wan fall? cheesy
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by layi(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2005
hot-angel:

....... I always sit like open legs. i don't care what i have have on. Who wan fall? cheesy

Thats reminds me. I see lots of lady on trousers sit with both legs on 1 side.? I've never seen a guy sit that way.
Why do they do it?
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by IAH(f): 7:08pm On Sep 09, 2005
Don't mind them. It's all those wannabe ajebutters that sit that way. If they are real ajebutters, they won't be riding okada in the first place. Posing on okada. angry
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by goodguy(m): 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2005
Sitting with both legs open huh? hehe...
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by Greatpeter(m): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2005
goodguy don't go too far oo.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by hotangel2(f): 5:23am On Sep 10, 2005
goodguy:

Sitting with both legs open huh? hehe...

Yes sweet thing.. cheesy cheesy

IAH:

Don't mind them. It's all those wannabe ajebutters that sit that way. If they are real ajebutters, they won't be riding okada in the first place. Posing on okada. angry

Damn right my sister.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by goodguy(m): 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2005
Greatpeter:

goodguy don't go too far oo.
angry wink

Lizzy is ajepako 'because she sits with two legs open grin

Me, I take standing on okada. What am I? Botti or pako?
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by IAH(f): 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2005
You are pako raised to power 10. cheesy
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by goodguy(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2005
u be winsh? U too over rate me oooo!
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by hotangel2(f): 7:35am On Sep 11, 2005
oooh Lizzy like the way you said "winch". cheesy
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by goodguy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2005
@Lizzy: wink kiss cool
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by goodguy(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2005
But then guys, power bikes could be more dangerous than we think. Just early this year, January 1 2005 to be precise, just some minutes after 12am, while everyone was jubilating and rejoicing, a guy (in my area) took his power bike and was moving too fast when he collided with an okada man and the guy on the power bike died instantly.

It was one of the most unthinkable tragedies that could ever happen to a man. His own death was caused by himself on the 1st hour of a new year. sad cry
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by inyang(m): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2005
I ride this bad boy almost everywhere. Changed bikes in February this year and I have put on 20,000 km on it already.
I am looking at a short West Africa loop maybe December. Pic was taken at Okada (between Ore and Benin) when ALL cars and trucks were stuck!

Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by prettyH(f): 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2005
Whats fun bout riding power bikes. I lost an in-law this year after a car crushed him while he was riding one so i can't stand them now sef.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by gem87(f): 2:54am On Apr 07, 2006
bikes are fun and spell adventure as long as u're careful
could spell death too
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by SIBLI06(m): 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2006
Yes riding a decent bike is fun, for me it's a way of escaping. I don't have a bike in Nigeria and would not buy one. The roads are not suitable full stop. If you have one take care, you are dicing with death. I don't see any point having a 500+cc bike that you can not open the throtttle up.

My last bike in the UK was a Ducati 750cc Supersport. I sold it before I came to Naija.

Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by Oracle(m): 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2006
There's an alternative in Nigeria, OKADA
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by Delluchi: 7:19am On Apr 10, 2006
Is time Nigerian Bikers n Riders all over the world should come together. We have to address some problems associated with safety and security of riders and bikers.  We need bikers club and if any is already existing it has to be made popular.

For example this my bike below is a legend vintage Laverda Ferrari F1 Customised 1000 cc (Only 20 produced worldwide). I bought it for Sfr.20,000 from a wolrd racing team member after failing to clinch the world title in Italy. I was offered Sfr. 31,700 ($28,000) by a member of bikers club in Switzerland but i refused to sell it because i need to see myself fully equipt with riders kits riding on the street of Lagos with this bike. What you think about having a bikers club in Nigeria ?
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by Delluchi: 7:24am On Apr 10, 2006
Delluchi:

Is time Nigerian Bikers n Riders all over the world should come together. We have to address some problems associated with safety and security of riders and bikers.  We need bikers club and if any is already existing it has to be made popular.

For example this my bike below is a legend vintage Laverda Ferrari F1 Customised 1000 cc (Only 20 produced worldwide). I bought it for Sfr.20,000 from a wolrd racing team member after failing to clinch the world title in Italy. I was offered Sfr. 31,700 ($28,000) by a member of bikers club in Switzerland but i refused to sell it because i need to see myself fully equipt with riders kits riding on the street of Lagos with this bike. What you think about having a bikers club in Nigeria ?

Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by Oracle(m): 1:07am On Jul 24, 2006
interesting!
but who's gonna be the president of the club
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by diddy4(m): 4:48am On Jul 24, 2006
im getting me one mountain bike and one grand suzuki.
Re: Motorbike Riding is Fun. Don't you Agree? by Oracle(m): 5:06am On Jul 31, 2006
diddy4:

im getting me one mountain bike and one grand suzuki.
thatz great news but i hope you can handle it, so you don't end like ramsey nouah

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Typical Signs Of A Bad Airbag Sensor / How to buy a used car in Nigeria (or pretty much anywhere) / His There Any Difference Btw Corolla & Corolla Sport (03 To 07 Model)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.