Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism (4440 Views)

The Cowardice Of Atheism / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / In Defence Of Logicboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2012
To them who hear so much to fear..Even to the brave; Fits of Doubts, To the weak; Quakes of Agony. He that hath such name let him be herald...Logicboy come and answer to the plea of the unlearned to indeed see the secret of thy logic..
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2012
This can be fun.
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2012
Rules: Lets keep it clean and to the point, No Fighting Please Lets Discuss 'Atheism' Let me keep start it by asking you
to 1. Define Atheism in your own
words 2. Why and How are you
convinced there is no god?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Rules: Lets keep it clean and to the point, No Fighting Please Lets Discuss 'Atheism' Let me keep start it by asking you
to 1. Define Atheism in your own
words 2. Why and How are you
convinced there is no god?

1) Atheism; the disbelief in God due to the lack of evidence for him

2) I first lost my belief in God (the christian god) through slavery which I will go into further. However, the main reason for the non-existence of god is the lack of evidence for him. Furthermore, the religions I know all have paradoxical and self-refuting gods. They claim that god is omnipotent (but can he make a rock that he can not move?) god is omniscient (why would such a god test people's faith?) etc.
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) Atheism; the disbelief in God due to the lack of evidence for him

2) I first lost my belief in God (the christian god) through slavery which I will go into further. However, the main reason for the non-existence of god is the lack of evidence for him. Furthermore, the religions I know all have paradoxical and self-refuting gods. They claim that god is omnipotent (but can he make a rock that he can not move?) god is omniscient (why would such a god test people's faith?) etc.

How many religions/gods did you study to arrive at your unbelief?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by pastormustwacc: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
Let the fun begin!
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: How many religions/gods did you study to arrive at your unbelief?

Christianity, Judaism, Islam my local pagan religion.

Beyond that, I simply ask any other religion to bring evidence for their god and I will believe.
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Christianity, Judaism, Islam my local pagan religion.

Beyond that, I simply ask any other religion to bring evidence for their god and I will believe.
What is evidence to you,what can you say to be the Strongest argurment for atheism and Why has you search for the truth stopped?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: What is evidence to you,what can you say to be the Strongest argurment for atheism and Why has you search for the truth stopped?

Evidence is material or at least, a logical conclusion from material evidence.

The strongest argument for atheism is a simple one, there is no evidence for god. The religious people have failed to bring evidence for god. If there was undeniable evidence someone would have won the nobel prize by now for proving god when no one has done so in thousands of years.

The burden of proof is on the claimant. You believe in god? The define god and bring your evidence for him. Most christians fail in even having a consistent definition of god, talk less of bringing the evidence
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
Knight of Logic

Is this some kind of Joke ?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Evidence is material or at least, a logical conclusion from material evidence.

The strongest argument for atheism is a simple one, there is no evidence for god. The religious people have failed to bring evidence for god. If there was undeniable evidence someone would have won the nobel prize by now for proving god when no one has done so in thousands of years.

The burden of proof is on the claimant. You believe in god? The define god and bring your evidence for him. Most christians fail in even having a consistent definition of god, talk less of bringing the evidence
Why has you search for the truth stopped and why then do you seek Universal atheism? From a logical point of view explain the laws governing the universe?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
frosbel: Knight of Logic

Yes it is, One too noble for you to catch..
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Areaboy2(m): 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
hmmmm.... Atheism, some take offence when you tell them you are one.. Some even start looking down on you as a "lost" soul contrary to popular belief that atheists do this to the theists. For me, Atheism is the disbelief in the existence of a deity of any form or shape

I guess most of us are actually just agnostics at heart since no one can actually prove the non-existence of a deity of any form. However, I am convinced that our concept of god is flawed in so many ways beyond doubt to allow me the conclusion that no one group has the exclusivity to "salvation". Since they all claim it, they must all be wrong! simple logic tongue

I am not convinced there is NO "god" to be honest, but I am 100.1% sure Abraham's god isn't real. Also, if any deity exists I can put my foot down and say he has no influence whatsoever on our planet. Religion is only a poor attempt by desert dwelling ancient minds to comprehend the world they lived in.
I reach this conclusion by merely looking at the history of this god/gods and how he/they came about. The information is available for anyone interested to do some research. It is appalling that majority of Christians and Muslims alike have no idea how their religion came about or how it started. For the Jews, I can pardon them because Judaism is more of a culture than a religion to them hence everyone else has no excuse to be ignorant.

That's my fundamental reason for disbelief in a "god". My idea is simple.. if the foundation isn't real, then everything else about it is hogwash.
Put that aside and I can come up with loads of reasons why i don't believe in god

2 Likes

Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Why has you search for the truth stopped and why then do you seek Universal atheism? From a logical point of view explain the laws governing the universe?

How has my search for truth stopped? Ask better questions!

what do you mean by laws governing the universe?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: To them who hear so much to fear..Even to the brave; Fits of Doubts, To the weak; Quakes of Agony. He that hath such name let him be herald...Logicboy come and answer to the plea of the unlearned to indeed see the secret of thy logic..
grin grin grin
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
Reyginus: This can be fun.
you dont say grin grin
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2012
frosbel: Knight of Logic

grin grin grin

pastormustwacc: Let the fun begin!
indeed let it
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

How has my search for truth stopped? Ask better questions!

what do you mean by laws governing the universe?
Atheism is the absolute non-belief in all Deities isn't it? Then that means that to you no god exist at the moment innit? Then its only logical to conclude that you search is over..if you discontend this then indeed your non-belief is not total...I then go on to ask Is the mechanics of the universe random in nature?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by CrazyMan(m): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
Viewing from the side lines....would chip in a thing or two as the debate gets hotter. cool

1 Like

Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Atheism is the absolute non-belief in all Deities isn't it? Then that means that to you no god exist at the moment innit? Then its only logical to conclude that you search is over..if you discontend this then indeed your non-belief is not total...I then go on to ask Is the mechanics of the universe random in nature?

Atheism is based on the lack of evidence for a god. When there is evidence, I will change my belief. For you to claim that I am no longer looking for truth is quite foolish and insulting.

The universe has both order and randomness.
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Atheism is based on the lack of evidence for a god. When there is evidence, I will change my belief. For you to claim that I am no longer looking for truth is quite foolish and insulting.

The universe has both order and randomness.
No its not insulting as there is indeed evidence for the existence of deities which the atheist chooses to reject based on certain factors..Kindly point out anything random in the universe.
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: No its not insulting as there is indeed evidence for the existence of deities which the atheist chooses to reject based on certain factors..Kindly point out anything random in the universe.

There is no evidence for the supernatural. None.
Example of something random; the weather.

The atmosphere is a chaotic system and that is why weather prediction is not always accuarate. The weather is affected by so many variables.

Just like the flight of a butterfly
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

The atmosphere is a chaotic system and that is why weather prediction is not always accuarate. The weather is affected by so many variables.

The weather is not in anyway random...Factors affect is indeed what makes it orderly as for all we know Climate is stable but liable to change. Butterflies employ a variety of
aerodynamic mechanisms to
accomplish their graceful mid-
air maneuvers.
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Is Prophecy not an evidence for the supernatural?
NOSTRADAMUS QUATRAIN #2 - 24 Wildmen ferocious with anger,
crosssover rivers, Bestes farouches de faim fleuves
tranner, The greater part of the battlefield
will be against Hitler; Plus part du champ encontre Hister
sera; In armor of steel they will make
the great assault, En cage de fer le grand fera treisner, When the child of Germany will
heed no one. Quand rien enfant de Germain
observera.
I give you Nostradamus prediction of Hitler. How did nostradamus gain such knowledge?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Is Prophecy not an evidence for the supernatural? I give you Nostradamus prediction of Hitler. How did nostradamus gain such knowledge?

What dirty prophecy is that? What did he prophesy?

That is nonsense rambling- there is no clear statement of events in that rant.

Nostradamus never even mentioned hitler. He mentioned "hister"
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

What dirty prophecy is that? What did he prophesy?

That is nonsense rambling- there is no clear statement of events in that rant.

Nostradamus never even mentioned hitler. He mentioned "hister"

You truly do not have the heart of a learner..anyway The
word "Hister" is a
combination of the two words "Hitler" and "Ister," thus providing both the name and place of origin of the infamous Nazi leader. The word "Ister" was the Latin name for the Danube River in Germany, upon whose banks Adolf Hitler was born.

1 Like

Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: The weather is not in anyway random...Factors affect is indeed what makes it orderly as for all we know Climate is stable but liable to change. Butterflies employ a variety of
aerodynamic mechanisms to
accomplish their graceful mid-
air maneuvers.

Climate and weather are different terms.

Knowing how something works doesnt mean that it is not random. One can randomly select people from a group by spinning a bottle. You know the technique but it is still random.

Weather is affected by so many variables that can change over periods of time that weather forecasts are only slightly accurate. Hw many times has BBC predicted a rainy day and we got a cloudy day in london? Many times.
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Climate and weather are different terms.

Knowing how something works doesnt mean that it is not random. One can randomly select people from a group by spinning a bottle. You know the technique but it is still random.

Weather is affected by so many variables that can change over periods of time that weather forecasts are only slightly accurate. Hw many times has BBC predicted a rainy day and we got a cloudy day in london? Many times.

Do you know that even if a single droplet of water falls that it has indeed rained?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: You truly do not have the heart of a learner..anyway The
word "Hister" is a
combination of the two words "Hitler" and "Ister," thus providing both the name and place of origin of the infamous Nazi leader. The word "Ister" was the Latin name for the Danube River in Germany, upon whose banks Adolf Hitler was born.

That is wishful thinking there bro. The source of many crazy conspiracy theories.

So, you decode what someone says with the biggest stretch of coincidences to make it a prophecy?

You now stretch it to believing that Hitler was born close to the banks of the river?
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Do you know that even if a single droplet of water falls that it has indeed rained?

Nonsense
Re: Arise Sir Logicboy: Knight Of Atheism by mkmyers45(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Nonsense
What? A droplet of water from the cloud is what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maolud Nabiyy Holiday / A True Life Story Of An Ex-deeper Life Member / Muslims Penisess Will Never Soften. Eternal Erection Awaits All Muslims In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.