Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

58-year-old Woman Arrested For Forging NECO Certificate For Daughter. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 58-year-old Woman Arrested For Forging NECO Certificate For Daughter. (478 Views)

Is NECO Certificate Recognized Abroad? / How Can One Get Original NECO Certificate / How Do I Retrieve A Lost Neco Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

58-year-old Woman Arrested For Forging NECO Certificate For Daughter. by 9jaolofofo(m): 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
A 58-year-old mother, Fausat Ajibola has been arrested for alleged forgery of exam certificate.

She was brought before the Oshodi Magistrates’ court on Thursday, on two-count charge of conspiracy and forgery.

According to the prosecutor, Cpl. Kehinde Olatunde:

“She obtained the fake certificate in 2008 on behalf of her daughter, who needed the original certificate urgently as one of the requirements to further her education abroad.

“The accused went to her daughter’’s school to collect the certificate but it was not ready, so she had to go for the fake certificate at ‘Oluwole’ in Lagos Island and sent it to her daughter,”

He further alleged that on Oct. 11, the daughter of the accused went to NECO office at No 20, Coker Road, Ilupeju, Lagos, seeking to correct some mistakes on the said certificate.

Evidently, the daughter was unaware that her certificate was fake.

Olatunde told the court that the forgery was discovered by a NECO member of staff which led to the daughter being interrogated and the accused was then apprehended.

Fausat Ajibola, a resident of No 37, Obasola Ajijola St., Ijesha-tedo, Lagos, pleaded not guilty to the charges brought against her. She was finally granted bail in the sum of N150,000.

The case was adjourned till Nov 22..

http://www.9jaolofofo.com/58-year-old-woman-arrested-for-forging-neco-certificate-for-daughter/

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Out / Absu Post Ume Result Checking Card-call 08130540481 / Please Advice Me On What Professional Courses I Should Do I Stuied Edu/eco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.