Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Fun Things You Can Do With Your Apple Device (iphone & Ipod Touch) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fun Things You Can Do With Your Apple Device (iphone & Ipod Touch) (1059 Views)

How To Transfer Music & Songs From Iphone Ipod To Computer / How To Unlock Icloud On Iphone , Ipod And Ipad / Ipod Touch!how Do I Transfer Music From Laptop To My Ipod Touch? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fun Things You Can Do With Your Apple Device (iphone & Ipod Touch) by jonsin(m): 9:42am On Nov 10, 2012
FUN THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR APPLE DEVICE (iPHONE & iPOD TOUCH)

When i first got my apple device,i had this same problem of what type of application to download on my device,be it for entertainment,gaming,utility,productivity,social or for chatting purposes.
I've been in situations where after getting a new app,and with so much enthusiasm,but when i open it i get disappointed at what i see which means the time spent on downloading that app has been wasted,which could have been used to get something else.Those of us who have apple devices will agree with me that applications are large in size (some soccer app get to as much as 300mb).
There are some apps that could get so much review but truth be told,they are in the 'whack' category.
So these are my recommended apps for iPhone and iPod Touch :
- facebook
definitely,who doesn't facebook these days,i particularly like the application,it got virtually almost (if not all) the fun things you view on your PC.
- Twitter
what i love about the twitter app is that,you can view tweets offline (unlike facebook),even when your not connected to the internet.Super idea.
- UC Browser
the reason why i prefer this to Opera Mini is that,it makes use of the Ram so well that,even if you have other apps on,it wont exit automatically (unlike Opera Mini).And i don't really make use of the pre-installed Safari browser.I believe UC Browser has taken over and it gets better and better after every update.
- Y! Messenger/eBuddy/Nimbuzz/Facebook Messenger
All the above apps can still be viewed while offline,but they each have their advantages,Y! Messenger is a must have but with eBuddy and Nimbuzz,you have your yahoo, facebook chats and even twitter in one app which gives them the edge.Their disadvantage is that if your twitter handle is synchronised on them,it notifies you on every tweet,this means that if your a twitterati like some people,you could have more than 500 notifications in a day smiley
And let me add,the Facebook Messenger is nice as well.
- Whatsapp
We all know Whatsapp (if you don't,now you do).But the problem is that,whatsapp has been deleted from the Apple Application store due to a bug reportedaw noticed on the app.On Whatsapp website,they posted that they have already sent an updated version to Apple which is still waiting approval.Hopefully it'll be back soon.
- BBC NEWS
If you want to keep up to date with the happenings in the world,this is one of your best bet,it comes in categories: Top stories,US & CANADA,TECHNOLOGY,BUSINESS,SCIENCE & ENVIRONMENT,AFRICA,SPORT,ENTERTAINMENT & ART etc
- Goal.com
I love this app cause its very flexible and it gives you options of different leagues and clubs all over europe.Live scores,standings,news,favourite teams,transfer zone, etc
- Super Sport
The difference between this and goal.com is that it add other sports like rugby,cricket,golf,tennis and motor sport.
- Blogger
If your a blogger like me,you definitely need to have this,it saves you from all the hassles of first opening your browser then typing the website and logging in and you can also view your multiple blogs on it.
With skype you can make free voice and video calls to other members of skype.
-Touch
This is the BBM of Apple device used to chat with other Apple device owners.Just like pinging.
- Avenger
This is one of the best sword fighting adventure game on the application store.
- Temple Run
Oh my goodness,if you don't have this then you aren't living #smiles its a classic game,here you play 'god' in a community and dictate the happenings also.
- Boot Camp/Mini Militia
They are kind of alike,but i prefer Boot Camp cause with Mini Militia you'll enjoy it better playing online except on 'Solo play' mode.
- Angry birds
These angry birds can get you addicted,but if you really wanna play all the stages,you have to buy the game,but even if you get the free ones,they are still nice.
- The heist
Its a brain cracking game,with different puzzles to solve.The puzzles are really nice.
- Zombie vs Aliens
This is the alternative of the game 'Plants vs Zombie',it doesn't meet up to its standard but its a good try.If you have played plants vs zombie,you'll understand.
- Bible
There's nothing as good as having your bible at the tip of your finger tips.This app comes with different versions and in order to read them you have to download your preferred versions in order to view them while offline.And it has other nice features as well.
- Dictionary.com
There are so many times when you wish to check up some words in the dictionary,with this your problem is solved.
- iBook
With this you can read popular and best selling novels while your in traffic,waiting for an appointment or idle.
You'll be shocked with the novels they have.
- Wattpad
This is an alternative for the iBook,but the novels here are written by mostly 'amateurs' but they are a nice read.
- World Facts
If you want to find out about different countries,their map view,population,government,background and what have you,this app helps you accomplish all that.
- Snake Ladder/Ludo Fun/Solitaire
The fun thing about this games is that you can play it with friends.
- Song Quiz
How well do you know the songs on your device,it plays a song on your device and gives you option to choose the correct one.
- Secret diary
You got some secrets to write down,then write it here,and yes,it does come with a password.
- Virtuoso Piano
Do you play the keyboard or your learning,with this virtual piano you can improve your skills.
- IQ Test Lite
This isn't for the feeble minds,lets see how smart you are while you answer the questions on different categories.
- SPB TV
Watch tv online,you can even add more stations from a list of many others
- Documents 2/Flash Drive/USB Disk
Store files on your device,even if they are not compatible.And it plays 3gp videos as well smiley
- There are so many other fun apps you can get but let me stop here and give others a chance to list out their best application and games.
What are your most cherished apps?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

expired1 / I Bought A Used M7, But It Doesnt Rotate. Any Help? / Glo Online Recharge Service On Halt As Quickteller Removes Payment Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.