Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex (2072 Views)

Man Attempts To Molest Pregnant Woman In Broad Daylight(photo) / 20 Year-old Onitsha House Maid Hacked To Death For Refusing Sex With Boss’s Son / 50-year-old Man Beat His Wife To Death For Refusing Sex With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
Facebook lover arraigned for attempted ra.pe, murder

A 26-year-old man, who allegedly pushed down his Facebook lover from a multi-storey building over a disagreement over sex was arraigned in Lagos on Friday.

The accused, Arthur Obiora, is facing a three-count charge of threat to life, attempted rape and attempt to cause bodily harm at a Tinubu Magistrates’ Court.

The prosecutor, ASP A. C. Orji, told the court that Obiora met Nkiruka Akabuogu on Facebook and invited her to a club house in Apapa where they had drinks. The prosecutor said the pair later moved to Obiora’s house at Block 10, Flat 317, 1004 Housing Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Orji said Obiora (who also had a twitter account under the name @Arthur_Obiora), claimed to be an unemployed graduate of Igbinedion University Okada and the Centennial College, Ontario, Canada, shut all the doors in the apartment and demanded to have s.ex with Akabuogu.

“This was after he had smoked some wraps of Indian hemp. He tried to rap.e her and threatened to kill her with a bottle of beer. The girl, fearing for her life, then jumped down from the third floor of the high/rise building,” Orji said.

The prosecutor said that the incident happened at about 3a.m. on Oct. 31.

“The girl was discovered lying unconscious in a pool of her own blood about 30 minutes later by the security men in the premises who then reported it to the police.

``The police took the girl to a hospital and after she regained consciousness, obtained her statement,’’ Orji said.

“This case highlights one of the major problems of the social media. The young lady went to visit someone she doesn’t know. She met the defendant on Facebook and they had been chatting until Oct. 30,” he said.
Orji said that the offences contravened Sections 56 (A), 260 and 404 (1) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos 2011

The magistrate, Mr Martins Owumi, granted the accused bail in the sum of N200, 000 with two sureties in like sum.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 21-year-old Nkiruka sustained multiple injuries, including a fractured pelvis, and is undergoing treatment at the General Hospital, Marina, Lagos, following the incident.

Nkiruka, a Linguistics student of the University of Lagos, had told NAN on her hospital bed that she went clubbing with the young man she met on Facebook a week earlier, and ended up in his family home at 1004 Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos.

She noted that the young man had earlier talked about sex on phone prior to the outing but she told him she was menstruating.

Nkiruka said that on getting to the house, the man tore her dress and tried to ra.pe her.

According to Nkiruka, the man thereafter pushed her down from the third floor of the building because of her refusal to have sex with him.

But the mother of the young man, who was at home on the night of the incident, told NAN that she was not aware of what happened.

She claimed she slept around 10 p.m., while the disagreement between the pair started much later.

The magistrate adjourned the case to Nov. 30

Source: NAN

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104331:facebook-lover-arraigned-for-attempted-rape-murder&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

http://lindaikeji..com/2012/11/facebook-lover-arraigned-for-attempted.html#more

Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Sammyfissy(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
Oops!...*Short Of Words*
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Callotti: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
Typical Nigerian man!
Especially when IGBO is involved!
Igbo=Ganja! wink

For some reason. . . their pehnises can only 'SALUTE' if force and 'struggling' is involved!
Tufiakwa!
Genetic pedo-philes and SERIAL-se-xual predators! cry

Ladies should learn! No man wants to take you home TO HIS HOUSE WITHOUT BROWSING YA H-INTERNET!!! grin
. . . OR CONNECTING FREEEEEEEEELY TO YOUR HOTSPOT! kiss
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
Na by force to yansh?
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Akanbiedu(m): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
What kind of woman will follow a man she barely knows to his house? Why not go to an hotel in the worst case scenario?

Callotti: Typical Nigerian man!
Igbo=Ganja! wink

For some reason. . . their pehnises can only 'SALUTE' if force and 'struggling' is involved!
Tufiakwa!
Genetic pedo-philes and SERIAL-se-xual predators! cry

Ladies should learn! No man wants to take you home TO HIS HOUSE WITHOUT BROWSING YA H-INTERNET!!! grin
. . . OR CONNECTING FREEEEEEEEELY TO YOUR HOTSPOT! kiss

So ladies go around with internet?
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by cantell(m): 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
Callotti: Typical Nigerian man!
Igbo=Ganja! wink

Tufiakwa!
Genetic pedophiles and se-xual predators! cry

Here she comes!
You hate something long enough, you turn it into obsession.
There's a thin line. . .
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Callotti: 10:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
cantell:
Here she comes!
You hate something long enough, you turn it into obsession.
There's a thin line. . .

Ahem!
Soooooooooooo. . . which wan come consain you? kiss
How is my obssession YOUR OBSESSION?
Where is the 'hate' in my post?
I just write as I feel. . . just like any other on NL.
Do you see me quoting any?
You need to mind your business!
Thank you! kiss

FYI. . .it is RUDE to address me when I have NOT ADDRESSED YOU!
You are old enough to learn a few things about basic communication. . .
DON'T ADDRESS ME, IF I DID NOT ADDRESS YOU. . . especially if civility is a foreign concept for you and you ilk!
Thank you! kiss
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
Just the look on his face in the pic alone shows that he's a potential rapi*st.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Chylo(m): 2:39am On Nov 11, 2012
kingoflag: But the mother of the young man, who was at home on the night of the incident, told NAN that she was not aware of what happened.

She claimed she slept around 10 p.m., while the disagreement between the pair started much later.

Women!!! What was the gal doing in his house after 10pm
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 11, 2012
Chylo:

Women!!! What was the gal doing in his house after 10pm
. Ummmm..... Isn't she supposedly over the age of 18?
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by StellaBella(f): 6:08am On Nov 11, 2012
Girls nor dey learn from cynthia killing.
All that glitters.....
Enuf said.
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by geeez: 7:40am On Nov 11, 2012
It's these people again

I think girls had better be careful about heebo boys on social media ..and even in reality
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Osiris211: 7:57am On Nov 11, 2012
These people!
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by ifyalways(f): 8:39am On Nov 11, 2012
Not apportioning blames but any woman that decides to go home with a stranger on first meeting and at odd hours is more or less a hoe.

The man even told her upfront that he was expecting seex, that is enough red flag.

What was it she couldn't resist or afford?drinks, pepper soup or the change the guy would "dash" her ?

Wish both what they wish themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by kokoA(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2012
angryOooohhh! God will punish all these stupid boys wey wan spoil our runs for social medias.. Can I hear a big "Amen" form all the correct guys in the house?! Girls, don't mind the eediiots. Not all boys are like that.
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by hakanai(m): 9:21am On Nov 11, 2012
kokoA: angryOooohhh! God will punish all these stupid boys wey wan spoil our runs for social medias.. Can I hear a big "Amen" form all the correct guys in the house?! Girls, don't mind the eediiots. Not all boys are like that.

AMEEEEEEENNNNNN!!!!! abi Amin!
gradually but surely we go soon lose our right to social association online.first is doing business online,Because of yahoo yahoo we have lost it.Not even our cards are allowed to make payment in so many online biz.the mention of Nigeria online makes the international community hold there pocket.Now very soon you no go fit even make friends online locally or internationally online.abi FB,twitter and co. go soon restrict us or put a caution don't trust Nigerian dates! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by abouzaid: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2012
She might lose the case if the guy have a good lawyer. There is no evidence that the guy inflicted any body injury to her. She jumped on her own, besides what is she doing at a mans house by 3am? Let's be practical, everyman would like to enjoy her honey pot if given d same chance. To me it's a non issue, i blame the girl.
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by otokx(m): 10:07am On Nov 11, 2012
He who goes to equity must do so with clean hands but some people na wa o.
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
ifyalways: Not apportioning blames but any woman that decides to go home with a stranger on first meeting and at odd hours is more or less a hoe.

Even hos don't deserve to get rap.ed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
typical nigerain mans behaviour,even a married woman dat refuses sex is beaten by her husband,how much more a strange gal.isnt it apparent dat NIGERIAN MEN have no iota of respect for anything female going by d news we read n hear everyday,if dey dont rape an 8o year old woman,dey will rape a 3 yr old baby or a 20 somtin yr old gal,there are too too many cases of rape,murder,assault etc metted out to nigerian females regardless of age.am not surprised.trust a nigerian man u met on fb to ur own waterloo
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2012
kingoflag: Even hos don't deserve to get rap.ed.
thank You,men just think Rape is a way to punish or get back at any female dat refuses their sexual advances,must everything b by force,gosh.at d rate things are going i can never leave my daughter alone with any male,except of course am there,till shes able to make her own sexual decisions
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 12, 2012
Surprising that even women justified the alleged se.xual assault she suffered at the hands of her assailant
Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by cantell(m): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
Callotti:

Ahem!
Soooooooooooo. . . which wan come consain you? kiss
How is my obssession YOUR OBSESSION?
Where is the 'hate' in my post?
I just write as I feel. . . just like any other on NL.
Do you see me quoting any?
You need to mind your business!
Thank you! kiss

FYI. . .it is RUDE to address me when I have NOT ADDRESSED YOU!
You are old enough to learn a few things about basic communication. . .
DON'T ADDRESS ME, IF I DID NOT ADDRESS YOU. . . especially if civility is a foreign concept for you and you ilk!
Thank you! kiss
When you say anything bad about the Igbos, it fuccking concerns me cos i'm one!
If you think you can run ur silly mouth in a public forum and get away with it, then you're the biggest joker in Nl.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Allegedly Attempts To Kill Lady He Met On Facebook For Refusing Sex by Callotti: 2:04am On Nov 15, 2012
cantell:
When you say anything bad about the Igbos, it fuccking concerns me cos i'm one!
If you think you can run ur silly mouth in a public forum and get away with it, then you're the biggest joker in Nl.

Oh well!
You are really getting 'tiresome'. . . .
I am not the only one that says 'anything bad about the Igbos' so. . . .Why your fascination with moi? grin
Oh please. . . EAT SHYTE! kiss
Keep flexing those your Awolowo-starved, Vanquished-BIAFRAN, Epileptic-Okoro muscles online. . . .it doesn't affect the price of 'akpu' in Afikpo!

So. . . GET LOST AND STAY LOST. . . .before I commit 'PESTICIDE'!kiss

(1) (Reply)

How Benue’s Most Wanted Man, Terwase Akwaza Narrowly Escaped Police Arrest / 5-year-old Girl Abandoned Beside Osun River { Photo } / NSCDC Boss Charge Officials To Increase Intelligence Gathering In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.