Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,931 members, 7,956,500 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

The New Look Of My Forum - pls review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The New Look Of My Forum - pls review (2518 Views)

A Website For All Private Schools In Anambra State - Pls Review / Pls Review Www.ebusinessinfos.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 8:44am On Nov 12, 2012
I'm working on creating a mini application with which i can have a forum frontpage just like Nairaland. I'm still working on it but have already designed how the GUI will look like. You guys should help me review it...does it in any way look like i'm copying Nairaland?

Compare it with the one i'm about to change it with...www.

Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:24am On Nov 12, 2012
It will be good if you change the look and have the topics at home page just like nairaland.

On the other hand you are not copying nairaland. Even if u copied u contributed a lot to d growth of nairaland so no wahala.
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2012
^^Thanks...
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by EzePromoe: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
By the next 5 years now, na we go dey beg o 'AFAM, abeg no ban us'. grin Anyway, good work but i will advice you to pray against every spirit of mukina2, shymexx, dayokanu in your forum not to talk of moderating. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
Eze Promoe: By the next 5 years now, na we go dey beg o 'AFAM, abeg no ban us'. grin Anyway, good work but i will advice you to pray against every spirit of mukina2, shymexx, dayokanu in your forum not to talk of moderating. grin grin grin
lol grin
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by naijacampu(m): 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
Looks nice and neat. Do you want a merge?
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by miracle4(m): 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
great look nice concept

1 Like

Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by odumchi: 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
Nice website, Afam.

In a few years now, your members will begin collecting money to buy you a private jet. grin
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
Afam. Thats great. Definitely nairaland will influence ur design. buh am happy ur creating new concept like the the forum rules and new member section.

Dnt you think the name is less catchy?
Eg. Bela naija,naijapals,nairaland,
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2012
naijacampu: Looks nice and neat. Do you want a merge?
How?
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2012
miracle4: great look nice concept
Thanks.
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 9:34am On Nov 13, 2012
odumchi: Nice website, Afam.

In a few years now, your members will begin collecting money to buy you a private jet. grin
Thanks Odum...lol grin
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2012
centje: Afam. Thats great. Definitely nairaland will influence ur design. buh am happy ur creating new concept like the the forum rules and new member section.

Dnt you think the name is less catchy?
Eg. Bela naija,naijapals,nairaland,
Thanks...

What's Bellanaija, naijapals etc? There's nothing catchy about them. It seems catchy because they're now popular.
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
afam4eva:
Thanks...

What's Bellanaija, naijapals etc? There's nothing catchy about them. It seems catchy because they're now popular.
its the pronouncition and the funky way of writing nigeria as naija. It makes it cool and social. Adding kwenu to nigeria might limit ur subscribers considering our ethnic diversity.
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
centje: its the pronouncition and the funky way of writing nigeria as naija. It makes it cool and social. Adding kwenu to nigeria might limit ur subscribers considering our ethnic diversity.
I'm a pan-African and that has informed the way i want to do things. I know some people might view the term "Kwenu" from a tribal prism but i don't care. Afterall money is nor my motivating factor. I want my website to serve as a catalyst to change the mindset that you must give your company an English name for it to suceed. I want to see more websites like kilonsele.com and .

1 Like

Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm a pan-African and that has informed the way i want to do things. I know some people might view the term "Kwenu" from a tribal prism but i don't care. Afterall money is nor my motivating factor. I want my website to serve as a catalyst to change the mindset that you must give your company an English name for it to suceed. I want to see more websites like kilonsele.com and .
i get your point and i like it, buh you culd coin a name from the major nigerian or african languages.
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
centje: i get your point and i like it, buh you culd coin a name from the major nigerian or african languages.
And Igbo is not a major Nigerian language? Are you kidding me right now? Even the term "KWENU" is a popular term in Nigeria. If some people feel that they can't be part of a website simply because of the name rather than the content then it's ok by me. Everybody cannot be pleased.
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
afam4eva:
And Igbo is not a major Nigerian language? Are you kidding me right now? Even the term "KWENU" is a popular term in Nigeria. If some people feel that they can't be part of a website simply because of the name rather than the content then it's ok by me. Everybody cannot be pleased.
no i dnt mean igbo isnt a major language. What i mean is a combination of words frm the major languages in nigeria.like wazobia
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by shorxynla(m): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
afam4eva: I'm working on creating a mini application with which i can have a forum frontpage just like Nairaland. I'm still working on it but have already designed how the GUI will look like. You guys should help me review it...does it in any way look like i'm copying Nairaland?

Compare it with the one i'm about to change it with...www.
pls can you give me the mod you created for the homepage
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by vicholas(m): 4:29am On Nov 14, 2012
Good keep it up
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 8:45am On Nov 14, 2012
shorxynla: pls can you give me the mod you created for the homepage
It's not really a MOD per se because i didn't not build it specially for SMF. You have to go into the code to make it work.
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 6:06pm On Nov 14, 2012
Below if the new frontpage of my forum...Help me review it...

http://
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by naijacampu(m): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2012
afam4eva:
How?
Will need an experienced forum administrator to manage mine as I will travel on Sunday and will not be around until Christmas period. Don't mind a merge. The Forum in talk is http://www.sergforum.com
Thanks
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by EzePromoe: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2012
How person fit register for the forum sef angry
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2012
Eze Promoe: How person fit register for the forum sef angry

Here it is in this pic.

Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by lightheart(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
On ur home page, on the grey bar, 'NigeriaKwenu' is mispelt as 'NigeriaKwneu'. Niçe look. Well done you

Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2012
^^Thanks for the heads up. It's been corrected.
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 11:39am On Nov 17, 2012
More reviews pls...
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by miqos02(m): 2:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
@afam pls how do i access the index.php of my forum i want to tweak it.
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
miqos02: @afam pls how do i access the index.php of my forum i want to tweak it.

Got to: Themes => Default => BoardIndex.template
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by miqos02(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
I can't click. On the quick reply button on ur webdesign thread.am browsing with my phone
Re: The New Look Of My Forum - pls review by Afam4eva(m): 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
miqos02: I can't click. On the quick reply button on ur webdesign thread.am browsing with my phone
I guess your phone doesn't have javascript enabled that's why. You may have to click on the regular reply button.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Hosting Companies In Nigeria / How To Post New Topics And Adverts / Facebook Fanpage With 7k Followers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.