Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone (1186 Views)

Which Network Provider Disturbs With Promotional Messages The Most? / How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT / Lovely Text Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by osnonaija: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2008
has anyone heard about backupmyphone?
i just registered and it is really cool. and it is just N100!!!!!!!!!!! This is mind blowing. i have backed up over 1000 contacts in my phone and all the pictures ( i could back up my videos, ringtone, to-do list, calendars, messages, etc but they give only 30mb of space so i only backup what i think is necessary) i think you guys should try it. but you must have a gprs enabled phone. and it is only available to mtn, celtel and glo. please check the phone list on their website- www.backupmyphonenigeria.com to see if your phone is supported. if it not, send them a mail or call the customer care nos: 098701550, 098701551, 098701552, 098701553. or 0702886bump. they said they are running a pre launch in abuja but i think THE WHOLE COUNTRY should know about it. i am no longer afraid of loosing my phone. and you shouldn't too.
there is not much information on their website (promised to be updated) because it is not as straight forward as it looks- you have to click the link that is supplied with your user name and password, download the application, find it in your phone and backup your data- and for some phones like motorola, you have to use manual settings (easy if you know what u are doing) and you can only backup contacts and calendar.
if you are good with phone applications then you will have little difficulty. if you need help you can reach me but i may charge you.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by dragnet: 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2008
Ok !!
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by 4peace(m): 4:58am On Feb 04, 2008
Me i reject it in jesus name.Paying to backup no i reject.I think you guys should know how to keep secret(alway avoid 3rd parties app).A word is enough for a ,
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by tobs(m): 5:08am On Feb 04, 2008
@4peace,i support u jo. . . .@poster,i c no reason why i should waste N10 0 to bk up. . . .wen i can sycro. .my contacts on my system,save my musical videos,audios e.t.c . . . .wat of those,who dont av access to the internet?. . . .twees
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by tobs(m): 5:08am On Feb 04, 2008
@4peace,i support u jo. . . .@poster,i c no reason why i should waste N10 0 to bk up. . . .wen i can sycro. .my contacts on my system,save my musical videos,audios e.t.c . . . .wat of those,who dont av access to the internet?. . . .twees
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by DualCore1: 6:49am On Feb 04, 2008
lol, u dont have to reject it like tht, time and unforseen occurrences might befall any of us. but i dont buy the posters suggestion at all, the only thing i need to backup on ma phone is the contacts, and that i do easily through the pc suite, once everything is backed up, i keep one copy on lappy and i upload one copy to sendspace and rapidshare. that's for ma phone, as per pictures and all that, i always have a carbon copy of my memory card on lappy and RW disc. So paying to get ya stuff backed up sounds k1nda odd.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by MrInfo1(m): 7:03am On Feb 04, 2008
The thread maker didn't say that www.backupmyphonenigeria.com was a do or die affair just another option .haba. angry
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by dragnet: 7:07am On Feb 04, 2008
. . . . . . .tom 'n' jerry. . . . . . . .
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by DualCore1: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2008
infobaba:

The thread maker didn't say that www.backupmyphonenigeria.com was a do or die affair just another option .haba. angry
Sharrap, waz i talking to u? angry
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by texazzpete(m): 8:50am On Feb 04, 2008
I'd rather back up my contacts et al to my laptop.
the N100 charge is deceptive, cos you've got to pay for the GPRS charges for the backup, anyway.
Syncronizing with PC suite or MS outlook is the best way to get up-to-date contact information backed up.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by osnonaija: 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2008
i have a friend who had an accident. his car caught fire and he was only able to get out of the car alive. now his pda, laptop, mobile phones and important documents were in the car. unfortunately they all got burnt in the car. another friend lost his laptop and phones to armed robbers. in both cases they had a backup file in their laptops for their contacts. if this product was out then i believe the situation would have been different. i understand how u guys feel, but what of those who don't have laptops or anyother form of backup apart from a piece of paper? also the beauty of this product is that u can access your contacts from another phone or the internet. just log on to the site for more details. i can't believe you guys are crying over N100bucks! haba na only 2 bottles of coke
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by nikky007(f): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2008
hi guys, I dont have a laptop nor a computer system, and i am really interested in backing up the data on my phone, how else do i back up my phone data (like my pix, video, music etc) without having to spend that 100naira.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by topchuks: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2008
i am quite impressed by the analysis you guys have made on this service.i have heard lots about backupmyphone on abuja FM stations. however i think we should kinda be objective.for instance,how many people have lappys to backup their data?less than 1 out of 10,000.
i think these guys are doing a good job.at least,it comforts me to know that apart from the syncd copy on my lappy,there is another copy on another server somewhere.pardon me if you are offended.but i give them my support.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by earnperor: 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2008
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size][/color][color=#000099][b][/b][i][/i][quote][/quote]
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by texazzpete(m): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2008
osnonaija:

i have a friend who had an accident. his car caught fire and he was only able to get out of the car alive. now his pda, laptop, mobile phones and important documents were in the car. unfortunately they all got burnt in the car. another friend lost his laptop and phones to armed robbers. in both cases they had a backup file in their laptops for their contacts. if this product was out then i believe the situation would have been different. i understand how u guys feel, but what of those who don't have laptops or anyother form of backup apart from a piece of paper? also the beauty of this product is that u can access your contacts from another phone or the internet. just log on to the site for more details. i can't believe you guys are crying over N100bucks! haba na only 2 bottles of coke

Since you're so keen on painting the worst possible scenario, how about this:

"I had a friend who used backupmyphone.com. One day the server crashed and the site lost all his contact details. THE END"

It's not just N100. The GPRS charges used to back up photos, music, video etc, what happens then?

I'm far more concerned with giving a Nigerian company my private data.
For me, the best alternative is to sync with Outlook, export and upload to a web folder once-in-a-while.

but that's just me. If you haven't got a laptop or any other means to sync, then by all means this could be a good idea.

As for the 'not scared to lose my phone again' line, backup or not, that doesn't apply to me at all!
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by texazzpete(m): 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2008
From the website

" 2. We offer you choices regarding how personally identifiable   information you provide us may be used."

and

User Submissions

Any material, information or other communication You transmit or post to this web site (including, but not limited to, ideas, suggestions, feedback, bug identification, content, code, copyrighted materials or materials protected by other intellectual property laws) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary communications backupmyphone will have no obligations with respect to the communications. backupmyphone and its designees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use the communications and all data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.

Legal Disclaimers

backupmyphone MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE FUNCTIONALITY OR USEFULNESS OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE SOFTWARE OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THIS WEBSITE.

IN NO EVENT SHALL backupmyphone AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS, THAT MAY RESULT, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FROM THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF backupmyphone HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.

Gotta love these guys. . .the parts in bold actually absolve them of any blame whatsoever arising from even the correct use of their software, or of the website. They even have a section claiming that any material transmitted to the website is automatically theirs. I wonder if contacts backup can be considered as 'materials transmitted to the website'.

Hmm. . .maybe i'm just being paranoid, sha.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by dragnet: 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2008
texazzpete, thumbs up for that last post. . . I hope people can see where they are being told to put their stuffs!! Its just like telling you to put all your contacts etc on a daily newspaper !! Infact, backing up with pen & paper is faaaaaaaar better !!
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by nikky007(f): 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2008
guys u r yet to answer my question how wld i back up the pix, video, music and my fave ringtones without actually spending the money. I cant afford a laptop or system yet.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by Bblak(f): 6:02pm On Feb 04, 2008
Peeps in and zoom off
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by osnonaija: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2008
let me ask a simple question- i am sure most of you have laptops or personal computers. for those of you that bought yours brand new did you read the warranty and disclaimer. also i'm sure you all have mail accounts with yahoo, msn etc. did you read the disclaimer? you go to a hotel and u park your car with the sign "vehicles are parked at owners risk" but we still subscribe to these services or is it strange to have something useful come to naija? maybe u are scared of trying something different. i am not and i hope you all have an excellent way to back up you phones. for me this is the -well cheapest and easiest way i know. if you dont have a better way other than using a laptop pls suggest and stop discouraging those that have no other option. besides this service is not entirely naija it is supported by a uk company (iphone sync) offering thesame service in uk.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by DualCore1: 1:01am On Feb 05, 2008
please there are better things to cause beef here abeg, not this backup thingy. whoever wants to use it, use it. whoever doesn't, don't.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by 4peace(m): 3:51am On Feb 05, 2008
Guys
i thinks #100 is not the issue here.My concern is my private data.
Last year yahoo releases some vital info about someone leading to arrest of that person in china.
Having laptop,computer,memory or have not is not issue.I think gone are the day of 3310 for me that i can't do anything than to receive and make call.
Note
if you like backup to your unused memory card and keep it or systems or online but be careful on your personal info.Life is a risk but take a risk you sure of
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by 4peace(m): 3:52am On Feb 05, 2008
Guys
i thinks #100 is not the issue here.My concern is my private data.
Last year yahoo releases some vital info about someone leading to arrest of that person in china.
Having laptop,computer,memory or have not is not issue.I think gone are the day of 3310 for me that i can't do anything than to receive and make call.
Note
if you like backup to your unused memory card and keep it or systems or online but be careful on your personal info.Life is a risk but take a risk you sure of
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by dragnet: 8:33am On Feb 05, 2008
Safety first !!!
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by texazzpete(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2008
osnonaija:

let me ask a simple question- i am sure most of you have laptops or personal computers. for those of you that bought yours brand new did you read the warranty and disclaimer. also i'm sure you all have mail accounts with yahoo, msn etc. did you read the disclaimer? you go to a hotel and u park your car with the sign "vehicles are parked at owners risk" but we still subscribe to these services or is it strange to have something useful come to naija? maybe u are scared of trying something different. i am not and i hope you all have an excellent way to back up you phones. for me this is the -well cheapest and easiest way i know. if you don't have a better way other than using a laptop please suggest and stop discouraging those that have no other option. besides this service is not entirely naija it is supported by a uk company (iphone sync) offering thesame service in uk.

Ah. So it comes out that you're trolling for this company.

Are you a staffer or simply a marketer?

Either way your answer is silly. there are valid concerns over what these guys can or will do to your personal, private data. Asking people to overlook these concerns simply because it - on the surface - is cheap is not right.

Speaking of marketing, i have a healthy suspicion of celtel giving out my number to companies for marketing purposes. I've received several text messages advertising gadgets and stuff. How dem take know say i like gadgets and electronics?
Got an SMS last year election period urging me to vote for Obanikoro and another asking me to vote for Atiku.
Re: Get Back Your Contacts, Videos, Messages,etc Even If You Loose Your Phone by osnonaija: 11:25am On Feb 05, 2008
thank you all for your comments on this
like you said safety first. and i wouldn't agree more. one thing is for sure - if you back up or if you dont back up, you are still at risk of being called by unknown persons or recieve unknown sms. each time you submit an online application or offline application or each time you fill out an office form, you usually add your name and no. so either way you can't be entirely safe. if you have the presidents nos. or probably some important peoples no. and they request that you sould never share it in any form or shape, then think about it before you do any thing but by all means find some way of backing up your contacts. i personally have lost my phone twice and there are some old school mates nos i can never get again. i read some where that approx 3000 phones are lost daily! that is a large no. if the report is true. so BACK UP. on another note- pls can you all suggest what you see as the best mobile phone in the market- taking into consideration PRICE, FUNCTIONALITY, DURABILITY AND BEAUTY. THANKS

(1) (Reply)

Application Download / Oprah Winf Rey Vs Tommy Hilfiger / Are There Still Nokia Phones Not Made In China In Nigerian Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.