Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco (3467 Views)

Who Was Nigeria's Best Player At The AWC (Namibia 2014)? / AWC 2012 Semi-Final: Nigeria Vs South Africa (0 - 1) On Wed November-7-2012 / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by supereagle(m): 5:43am On Nov 13, 2012
FOLLOWING the unimpressive performance of the Super Falcons at the African Women Championship (AWC) held in Equatorial Guinea, the team’s chief coach, Ikhana Kadiri, yesterday in Abuja resigned his appointment.

The coach, while apologising to the nation for the team’s performance in Equatorial Guinea, accepted full responsibility for the failure, which saw the country finishing fourth for the first time in the history of the competition.

Ikhana was mandated in his contract signed on April 1 this year to, among other things, qualify the team for the 2012 AWC and ensure the senior women national team qualified and played in at least the semifinals of the competition.

He said his inability to fulfill his personal desire to bring the trophy to Nigeria from the championship informed his decision to quit the stage, stressing that he would continue to support the development programme of the federation.

Former soldier Ikhana had before the tournament kicked off said he would not wait to be fired if he failed at the AWC.

“There is a contract and the contract is clear. I am a principled person. If I fail to win the AWC I will not wait for the NFF, I know what to do,” he had said.

Ikhana is just seven months into a four-year contract, which pays him N3 million a month.

The Enyimba, Kano Pillars and Kwara United former coach led the Falcons to its worse ever result, losing for the first time to South Africa’s Bayana Bayana and finishing fourth for the first time in the history of the AWC.

A Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) top official had before the coach’s latest move said, “Ikhana knows the demands of his contract. So, he should know what to do because the federation will work with the document.”

The Nigerian FA tasked him to win the 2012 African Women’s Championship (AWC) in Equatorial Guinea.

The Guardian learnt that Ikhana was given the option to resign after the loss to South Africa in the AWC semifinal rather than face the ignominy of being sacked.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104598:ikhana-resigns-after-awc-fiasco-&catid=59:home&Itemid=620
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by Abujafood: 9:50am On Nov 13, 2012
Other coaches should learn from this!
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by harlos: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2012
Disappointed
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by semid4lyfe(m): 9:52am On Nov 13, 2012
The path of honour

Exactly what Siasia should have done when the Super Eagles failed to qualify for AFCON 2012 instead of lobbying and fighting tooth & nail to remain on the job.

Too bad the Falcons recorded their worst ever performance in the AWC under Kadiri Ikhanna who has some impressive achievements under his belt.
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by Kakability(m): 9:56am On Nov 13, 2012
3 million per month for 7 month not too bad. Plus enuf asses to bounce on at ur disposal for 7 month. U goin to miss those pussies...HARD LUCK soldier boy.
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by Khayordhe: 9:57am On Nov 13, 2012
[size=20pt]lol,d guy resign afta we don collect wood medal @d awc....

Dat's Sadden o[/size]
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by timbros(m): 9:57am On Nov 13, 2012
He is not just cut out for female football...

I remember when he was Enyimba coach... Good old days!
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 13, 2012
Moral of the story,when you fail in life,Kill yourself
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by fitzmayowa: 10:04am On Nov 13, 2012
That's good, i hope our politician can learn from him.
Wish him the best * winks *
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by MeGaStReEt: 10:05am On Nov 13, 2012
They shouldn't accept his resignation until he's given 200 lashes on his back... stooooopid slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by irich21(m): 10:11am On Nov 13, 2012
He took the path of honour after the woeful outing... Disappointed!!! cryHe took the path of honour after the woeful outing... Disappointed!!!
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by yuzedo: 10:16am On Nov 13, 2012
Easy to resign na! No be him papa business. Did the nigger return the N3m/month salary he was busy collecting? That's all a nigga wanna know undecided angry

MeGaStReEt: They shouldn't accept his resignation until he's given 200 lashes on his back... stooooopid slowpoke
grin angry
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by Denlightened(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2012
for me,the resignation should have come immediately after we lost to South Africa because losing to South Africa for the first time in history is more painful than losing the tournament.
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by honeric01(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2012
Wise man = 3 million naira (basic salary) x 7 months = 21 million naira earned to fail at a job!
Brilliant! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by Akposkool(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
So mr.kadiri think say na military be dis wen he go jst retire afta loosing a war?bring dat scum bag here make i flog im yansh wel Wel.but na wa 4 nff sha.appointing a soldier man as a coach.e be lyk say them dan 4get hw Nigerian troops da rape liberian n sierra-leone garls wen dem go 4 peace keeping.
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by thekoko007: 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2012
this ia a man that has no history with female football the whole nff should be sack and also alhaja omidiran with her wealth of experince in femaale football
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by femiseun1: 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
Square peg in a round hole...Left to me ..the whole team including coaches and NFF delegation should brought back Nigeria and detained @ dodan barracks for 3weeks and giving special lecture on patriotism. Next time u will represent your country well
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 14, 2012
What a sad end to Kadiri Ikhana's reign as Falcons Head coach. I don't think he was cut out for female football.

I'll recommend the likes of Evumena, Ntiero Effiom, Ann Agumanu Chiejine or even Peter Dedevbo as potential replacements. These individuals have a wealth of experience coaching ladies.
Re: Kadiris Ikhana Resigns After Super Falcons AWC Fiasco by soloqy: 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
Someone led our under 20 to the finals of the world cup in 2010 only to lose to Germany the hosts. Where is that man? There is no continuity when someone does well. Its time, Precious Dede, Nkwocha, Stella Mbachu, Rita Chikwelu(who i didnt see her influence in the tournament) all resigned.

They are simply blocking the way for younger, more skillful and agile ones. The SA team that beat Nigeria, have players that watched these our players when they started playing for us over a decade ago. This isnt right.

Even the under 20 team that lost to USA earlier this year, is better than this Senior team if they are played together.

Nigerian coaches are serioulsy lagging behind and they never learn.

(1) (Reply)

Cancelled / *DOWNLOAD* How Weligton Grabbed Messi Throat / Merry Bet Is Fastest Paying Online Sport Betting Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.