Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Experience With Delta's Atlanta To Lagos Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experience With Delta's Atlanta To Lagos Flight (4704 Views)

My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Round Trip To Lagos From Dallas Tx Is $1,021 With Delta Airlines / Atlanta To Lagos Flight By Delta - Any Experiences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience With Delta's Atlanta To Lagos Flight by Panache(m): 12:40am On Feb 04, 2008
A coalition of Nigerian residents in SouthEastern USA are gathering information on the quality of the new Delta's direct flight from Atlanta to Lagos. Landers, I will appreciate if you can post your experieince on the Atlanta to Lagos flight. Your feedback will be used as part of discussions with Delta Airline on how to improve their service.
Re: Experience With Delta's Atlanta To Lagos Flight by almondjoy(f): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2008
The quality was good ---over all.

****I loved the fact that there was an "embargo" placed on the amount of bags you could carry from Nov 15---Jan 15. For those Nigerians who felt like checking in 20 bags per person--it was not going to happen.  Max weight imposed--70kilos!

70.11111kg-------you ain't going!

****Loved the friendliness and carefree spirit of the flight crew. Good customer service.

****Loved the food selections.

****Only 10 hours flight--can't beat that.

****Confident that Alkeada will not be in those flights.

Don't care about in flight movies or music at all so do not consider those.

****Loved the fact that it was a night flight to go and morning flight to come back--to avoid unnecessary stop overs in Lagos or Abuja.  Arrived at 9:30AM and left Lagos by 3:30PM---only 30 minutes fllight.  In bed in Agenegode by 6PM! kiss  No long talk!

More to work on!

*****Lateness.  Delayed by over 1 hour-2 hours. Both inbound and outbound. angry  Delay worse at the Nigerian end.

Equipment malfunction--was marooned in Senegal over night for "instrumentation failure"  Were compensated with free overnight hotel stay--dinner and breakfast before departing the next day. Plus $200 to every passanger including children towards other Delta flights in the future and  a letter of apology right there in the plane before we left the plane in Atlanta---they were so sorry and you could tell.  They lost a lot of money on that flight!

10 hours of straight flying time is not a joke.  So Delta should make sure their planes can withstand those kinds of long periods before turning around to return from Nigeria.

**** Need to close the check in counter 1 hour prior to take off to allow the plane to leave on time.  Need to have overnight check in if possible at the Nigerian end. Those Nigerian handlers are so freaking slow. Trying to extort "bribes" from passengers pretending to be working. angry Unecessary delays.

****provide their own staff on ground instead of using Nigerians--who wants to live there anyway. Can't blame them at all. If it were possible to have their own staff like the good old days manning every delta affair, things would be better.

****Tv Monitors too far away from passangers in some planes.

I will give them B- rating. Only because they just started. If after one year things do not improve--I would give them a C-.

GO DELTA!!!!

The Nigerians who are looking to critique Delta should also go to the Nigerian ambassador to suggest how Nigeria can have it's own airplanes too. In 2008, it is a shame that is not even a notion not to talk of a practicality.
Re: Experience With Delta's Atlanta To Lagos Flight by rikkyjen(m): 5:25am On Apr 10, 2008
Yes Oh! Iya Milli, i flew Delta around February to Naija. Dammn , Long ass trip but it's definitely better than touring Europe all in the name of Layover

So you were extorted too? 'em Naija NDLEA, NAFDAC and whatnot were doing some yeye ransacking on everyones bag and in the process demanding for bribe shocked shocked

Just as you noted too, the TV monitor was very far. . . Dammn, you can't blame em for that one. Its our peoples fault, when you act like trash you get treated like trash too.

You need to the way our people were gushing and rushing. grin grin.

How about Naija's E arrival at the MMA airport. That damn slow ass conveyor belt!!!! I found another intersting shyte. . . The airport authority in charge of renting trolleys were collecting Dollars.

Anywhoo, you can't beat the trip, Long but straighforward on a Fuckinng Boeing 767. . . tongue
Re: Experience With Delta's Atlanta To Lagos Flight by Akolawole(m): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2008
@Rikky

NDLEA asking for bribe? I beg

Renting of trolley is just #100, if you give them $1, they will collect it from ya.

(1) (Reply)

Us Dv Lottery Questions / ALLURE OF SEAS - The Worlds Largest Cruise Ship (Comprehensive Pictures) / How To Get A Dubai Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.