Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Java Sms - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Sms (1799 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Java Sms by lexfrosty: 12:41pm On Apr 20, 2006
Hi guys,
I want to build an application that can send SMS & MMS from a PC to mobile phones using Java SE or Java EE.
I have no idea of what i will need from scratch to achieve this aim, that's why i came on here to ask.
Do i need any aditional softwares/APIs? what setup is required?
Are there Classes in java that can do this already?

Thanks.
Re: Java Sms by Fdeveloper(m): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2006
This can be achieved in one of the following 2 ways:

- If you have a direct connection to an operator's SMSC (i.e. Short Message Service Centre) then you can use the SMPP protocol and Logica have a very good java library which you can download for free at http://opensmpp.logica.com. Some operators also support HTTP requests however you would have to know the format of the request and response headers or whether for example the response is contained in the BODY of the HTTP response.

- If however you don't have a direct connection which is generally the case, then you can use a GSM modem connected to your PC via the serial port. In this case you would communicate with the modem via the RS232 protocoal and use the AT command set to execute tasks such as send and receive SMS. For the benefit of those who don't know a GSM modem is a box in which you insert a SIM card and using a standard AT command set, you can execute all the tasks that you would normally do with a standard handset thus enabling you to develop "telephony" type applications.

You can read a little more about the various options at [url]http://www.ihub.com/GSM%20Modems.htm[/url]
Re: Java Sms by lexfrosty: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2006
Thanks FD,
I will check on this that you have pointed out well, i will get back to you as soon as i get it done.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Get This Error When Submit Form (notice: Undefined Index) / Github Profile Finder App Using Angular 2 Featuring DHTML / How To Activate Mtn 75mb Data With #20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.