Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN (21830 Views)

Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Cashless Policy: CBN To Apply Charges On Withdrawals, Deposits From Oct.2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by bigass(f): 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
mightlove:
well, i you dont know, then be informed now that the reason people do not use their cards on other bank's atms is because of the charges. When there are no charges, every atm is as good as your bank's atm. And incase you dont know one of the main motivations for banks' deployment/installation of atm is to generate income which mostly happens when other banks' cards are used on their atms. So you see that your reasoning may not be better than that of those you just referred to as juvenilles and imbeciles.
What i would have expected from CBN is to stop the so called monthly ATM maintenance fees which to me is not logical.

do you think it make sense that banks will deploy ATM because of 100 from other banks users? when obviously people avoid using other banks because of many issues that may arise from using other banks ATM. Irregularities with banks other than yours takes longer to solve. The main reason why ATMs are deployed is to decongest the banking halls and make withdrawals faster and not because of the 100
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
davades:

Do u use diamond bank...?

lets understand this............
if u have an account with with Daimond bank and you have a Daimond bank Visa Card, you can use it on any bank's ATM Machine without any charges.

If you have another banks account and ATM card, you will definately be charged when you use your card on Diamond Bank ATM machine.

and.......Diamond bank Machines do accpet all cards..... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin wink wink wink kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by toluxa1(m): 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
I think this has already been implemented in some banks. I used my GTB ATM CARD on an Access Bank ATM yesterday and I was not charged at all. I was really surprised until I just came across this thread now cheesy
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin.

quote author=toluxa1]I think this has already been implemented in some banks. I used my GTB ATM CARD on an Access Bank ATM yesterday and I was not charged at all. I was really surprised until I just came across this thread now cheesy[/quote]

How did u know u were not charged? Did u check ur Balance or d machine didn't state dat u will b charged right?

Note dat sum ATM won't say it dat u will b charged but wen u check ur balance u will see dat u have been charged. Esp 1st bank n Skye Bank Machines.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Gfavour(f): 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
But i withdrew money today from stanbic bank Oba akran with first Bank ATM card and My the so-called =N=100 was debited in my account. i have the sms alert to prove the illegal charge. What to i do?
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by tzege: 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
The machines will start becoming un-operational. The bank oligarchy won't easily throw awy this source of 'free' money! where will there bogus profits come from?
i laugh in swahili
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 15, 2012
Gfavour: But i withdrew money today from stanbic bank Oba akran with first Bank ATM card and My the so-called =N=100 was debited in my account. i have the sms alert to prove the illegal charge. What to i do?

Ogbeni, dey said SOON.

Its only DBank dat has free ATM withdrawal.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by labixiaoxin(m): 1:51am On Nov 15, 2012
Sexy lingerie , is the attractive bra sets designed for higher quality sexual love. Dear-Lover cheap sexy lingerie online sale offer the best chance for you.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Sirdayor(m): 5:37am On Nov 15, 2012
That will be so nice, most of the commercial banks are just mere extortioners stealing people's money by trick and they will be declaring huge profit as if the money were made from the real legitimate banking business.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by tompat86(m): 8:38am On Nov 15, 2012
at last

1 Like

Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
festguy: I made a withdrawal 2day using zenith master card on diamond bank,i was charged#100.its a pure lie!dnt mind them.
not yet implemented. They said soon.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by veron007: 1:07am On Nov 16, 2012
CBN wan commot InterSwitch from market. This is their single most lucrative source of income.
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by charlsecy4(m): 9:41am On Nov 17, 2012
chux76: Point noted..but I guess the use of emboldened colored letters with large fonts connotes nothing too?

Point equally noted!
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
bigass: It is either Nairaland is filled with juveniles or imbeciles.The reasoning of many here is absurd. How can removal of 100 lead to "out of service" do u think the ATMs are there because of other banks card? How many pple use their cards on other banks ATMs besides if they don't service ATMs do you think the banks will be able to cope with over crowded halls? FYI its cheaper to have ATM machines than use humans...m

grin
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by jascon1(m): 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
Pls help! How do I get a new atm card? My atm card expired and am schooling abroad. I have my money in my GTB account and I have need to use it. The machine here seized my card and when I went to the bank to retrieve it I was denied my bank card. I was told the bank policy is to send it to the bank in my country and am thousands of miles away. Does anyone know who I can contact in GTB or an email address to the bank? What do u advice that I do?
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by AdeniyiA(m): 5:53am On Mar 16, 2013
jascon1: Pls help! How do I get a new atm card? My atm card expired and am schooling abroad. I have my money in my GTB account and I have need to use it. The machine here seized my card and when I went to the bank to retrieve it I was denied my bank card. I was told the bank policy is to send it to the bank in my country and am thousands of miles away. Does anyone know who I can contact in GTB or an email address to the bank? What do u advice that I do?
complaints@gtbank.com
OR, www.gtbank.com
Re: Users Of ATM Will No Longer Pay N100 On Withdrawals - CBN by AmeLonRo(m): 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
Someone said banks still charge but they do not make it conspicuous. Which is which?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Engulfs Ijesha Market, Surulere In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Money Gram Exchange Rate / COO, Mohammed Jameel Leaves Glo Over Mike Adenuga’s Bad Manners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.