Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,013 members, 7,825,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting (11078 Views)

My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting / Federal Govt Pleads With Job Seekers To Apply For Fresh Immigration Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2008
i graduated from UNILAG (B.Sc MET&MAT ENGINEERING) in 2004, went for NYSC in march 2005 and finished feb 5th 2006. Since then a been job hunting; applying, writing aptitude tests and interviews without success.

Av been moving from state to state writing tests,i was almost killed in Anambra state in 2006 when armed robbers attacked me,i was going for First Inland bank test,i was in Abuja for GTB test Feb 2007, a written over 30 apt tests with BANKS (IBTC,Skye,1st bank, GTB, Diamond, UBA, Ecobank, Access bank, Intercontinental bank, FCMB) Guinness, P&G, UAC, Nigerian breweries, Sahara Energy, and many more

Any test I pass, I don't scale through in interviews.

It exactly 2years 2day i finished NYSC,and no job, its so frustrating especially on Monday mornings, waking up and doing nothing. Please anybody that can help me should come to my aid, i don't mind 20K job. I am totally confused and frustrated. Abeg make una help me. I don't want to watch my future go down the drain
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by acemichael: 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2008
George take it easy, everything happens for a reason, i believe in no distant time our almighty GOD will grant you all your heart desires
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 04, 2008
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by teamman(m): 1:30pm On Feb 04, 2008
please George dont get tired. i beg u . just keep at it. God has not forgotten you regardless of what u think. you will make it keep praying help the needy not necessarily beggars but anybody that needs your help. release any form of bitterness towards the nation or people who have hurt you or said u are a nobody. thank God for their lives and pray for them. Then keeping confessing that u have a job u want. be specific name the type, pay package, benefits and location.Then start thanking God for the job becos he has released the job and u will see its manifestation. i know this things i have shared are difficult but they are principles that will work. i feel your pain. you will rejoice. cheers
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by yek: 1:43pm On Feb 04, 2008
hey George . . . be strong !
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Bluetooth(m): 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2008
Georgee! I feel ur pain. Its can be so frustrating and demoralizing. But dont allow it to run u down.

Remember tough times never last but tough people do. It will soon be your turn to smile.

And brotherly, when the time finally comes, u will almost forget that u ve written so many

applications and test without success. Just continue to remain strong. This isnt the time to give up.

REMAIN FIRM! Cheers.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Lola4eva(f): 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2008
Please georgee, dont give up, im so sure ure almost there, try to be strong and just keep going, ull get there soon, all the best, God has definitely not forgotten you
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by suze(f): 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2008
Whats your email address. I can get  something for you   at least   to start with. Siince you sudied engineering .I also went to UNIlag and read chemical engineering too.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by donP1: 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2008
georgee take things easy, meanwhile you can drop your c.v in visafone office in abuja, they are recruiting contract staffs, the pay is like 50-60k, so hurry up, abuja and lagos branch are filled up, so it might be kaduna they would take you for , once you drop it you would be called for interview ok.and keep on praying cos God knows and sees all our tears and problems o.k, i too finished exactly 2yrs back and havent really made any difference, best of luck
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2008
Hi Suze, i`m also a Civil Engineering Unilag student, graduated in 2005 served Feb 2006 and finished service Feb 2007, havent got a job since then too, if u can help me i would b grateful. My email addy is tunlaji@yahoo.com, phone no 08035528582. Thank you!
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by dsa(m): 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2008
Hi,

I know all is well with u in Jesus name.

I have in ur shoe before and i only have 3 pieces of advice for you:

1. Start with a teaching job in any school around u no matter the pay one day Favour will locate u.

2. Start a small business of your own, there are business you can start without money but idea for details just mail me
daresamson78@yahoo.com.

3. Render services to people around you just look into their needs and assist them with your time.
AT LEAST YOU MAY NOT HAVE MONEY BUT YOU HAVE TIME.
YOU WHAT YOU HAVE TO GET WHAT U WANT.[b][/b]
4. Be Prayerful, watchful and reach for Information.
[/size][size=8pt]

GOD BLESS YOU.

Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by preciousk(f): 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2008
YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE THINGS EASY WITH URSELF. GOD IS STILL ALIVE AND STILL ABLE TO SEE U THRU. CONTIUE TO PUT UR TRUST IN THE LORD AND UR MESS SHALL BE MESSAGE ONEDAY. THIS MONTH WILL BE UR MONTH. WISHINGU, ALL THE BEST.
CHEERS
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2008
@Suze
Thanks so mch my email is thejawando@yahoo.com
i can send my CV at your request, waitn for your reply
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by RobbieLex: 9:19pm On Feb 04, 2008
Georgee, i seriously feel your pain, searching for a job can be draining, writing tests reading, travelling up and down getting disappointments, I'm sure 90% of nairalanders will tell you that they have felt the exact same way, Nigeriaás labour market is a tough place to be thats just the painful truth and if you are going to make it you just have to endure for a while and get tougher.

You mentioned you had passed a couple of tests and did not make it at the interview stage, first let me say congrats, yeah you ddidn'tget the jobs but hey you passed the tests which i must tell you a lot of people never do. Now let me ask you, how prepared where you for the interviews? how much prior research did you do before going for these interviews? how much of what the buyer was selling where you offering - by buyer i mean your potential employer

I know you're going through a lot of stress and yes i also advise that you pray and hold on to God as i am a strong believer in the God factor, but at the same time you need to work hard and if you have been doing that work even harder, the market is competitive and if you want to finally land a job you need to make your self very very marketable, from your dressing to your composure to your words,

Try remembering your performance at these interviews, give yourself a personal appraisal, i thank God for the person who started the thread 'PREPARING FOR AN INTERVIEW CHECK HERE" a lot of people actually ignore that thread but i must tel you theres a whole depth of knowledge there,

The truth is some people will never have to really work so hard to get a job, some people can just waltz into an interview room unprepared and dazzle the interviewees but most people have to work for it, whatever you do George don't give up!!!! take all these past encounters as a training ground for something else, God probably has something better in store for you, so rather than sitting on your back complaining - (which i don't blame you for considering what you have been through) get up and move,

God will open the door for you, but when he does you have to be on your feet and very ready to walk into that room.

Cheers - make unilag proud smiley
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by pewekac: 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2008
georgee:

i graduated frm UNILAG (B.Sc MET&MAT ENGINEERING) in 2004, went for NYSC in march 2005 and finished feb 5th 2006. Since then a been job hunting;applying,writing aptitude tests and interiews without success,
a written over 30 apt tests with BANKS(IBTC,Skye,1st bank,GTB,Diamond,UBA,Ecobank,Access bank,Intercontinental bank,FCMB)
Guiness,P&G,UAC,Nigerian breweries,Sahara Energy, and many more

i don't mean to be harsh or anything but for you to have written over 30 apt test and still be without a job then your head truly no dey house. job opportunities are in your hands, it's left for you to grab em. if you studied like your life depended on it there's no reason why you shouldn't pass simple GMAT. it's all about practice! again if you keep messing up after 30 interviews than there definitely is something wrong in your personality. start rereading the interview handbooks. abeg help yourself. good luck!
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by RobbieLex: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2008
pewekac:

i don't mean to be harsh or anything but for you to have written over 30 apt test and still be without a job then your head truly no dey house. job opportunities are in your hands, it's left for you to grab em. if you studied like your life depended on it there's no reason why you shouldn't pass simple GMAT. it's all about practice! again if you keep messing up after 30 interviews than there definitely is something wrong in your personality. start rereading the interview handbooks. abeg help yourself. good luck!

I beg to differ i dont think there is anything wrong with Georgee, and i do not think you should be so rude to him either, you can tell him to prepare and work hard without sounding so harsh - yes you were very harsh and i do not think that is necessary.

If we were all so put together i doubt if there would be any job seekers forum in nairaland, we are here because we are looking for something, and honestly he probabrly just voiced out the same feelings lots of people have here.

So just take it easy on him ok.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by flyifi: 11:14am On Feb 05, 2008
My dear, you have come to the end of your job hunt, God will rescue YOU this month. He never fail.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 11:20am On Feb 05, 2008
@flyfi
i say a BIG AMEN to dat ooooooo

@suze
Am still waitn for your response, thanx
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by SOJ(m): 11:43am On Feb 05, 2008
@ georgee
U know what? evryone on this thread has offered u something or the other that i am positive is meant for you to digest. Carefully consider applying d things u av read here and am certain an opportunity is close by, more than u think!
I must confess i was in your shoes till sometime september last year.I cant honestly remember the number of applications av made! but u av to come to terms wit the following truths which i did too:
1. Your lack of job is not as a result of your actions;it isnt because u were not good at a test/interview or the other but u just werent thier choice.Another company is out there who considers u THIER choice candidate.

2. Your situation is a result of your in-action; there is something you r not doing that is keeping u d way you are.could be dat u avent sought the hand of Divinity enough, or that u are not properly prepared for tests/interviews or you r just not doing something.

I advice u take a break from evrything else and do some soul searching; u might be surprised the things u will find!
Be honest wit urself and then launch out wit more optimism than b4.
I did this last year and in storylike version i landed a job in less than a month - all after just one interview.
Well,i dont mean this to be a single-dose formula that works evrytime, but something tells me u might need this advice to go on.

All the best!
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2008
@SOJ
Thanx a lot man
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Buso4(m): 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2008
Hi Georgee,

Men, I feel ur pain but thank God u brought up this thread. However, i want to tell u that whatever happens on earth, God has a reason for it. The trying times u are facing now is for a reason and it has a positive prospect. Therefore, dont give up in ur efforts in your job pursuit. Continue writing the tests one day u will surely excel. I wrote 35 apt tests and attended 15 interviews bfore i got my job although i had a CGPA of 4.1 and a Best graduating student at that. But I never gave up despite failures. Failures means u can do much better. I thank God for all those that responded favorably to your thread. Thank God for u.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by uchek7(f): 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2008
Hi georgee, dont be frustrated. let us know what skills you have and how you can create a solution. i think someone will read this and come to your aid.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by bums: 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2008
my dear i was equally in ur shoes till recently.i was jobless 4 16mths after my nysc.though i graduated with a 2.1 yet it was still very dificult.i wrot alot of test,went 4 several interviews travelled all over the country all to no avail.at a point in time i concluded that smtin was definitely wrong with me.i cried and i lost hop completely.it was wen i thaught all hop was lost dat GOD answered my prayer.on the 18 of dec last yr i received a call 2 cme and resumed wk d foll day.there was no interview ,no test notin.that was ow i got ajob ,thru someones recomendation that i least espected.dont worry GOD knows what u ar pasn thru he will give u a job dat will baffle u .i know him he never fails he is alwaz rite on tim.he did it 4 me and sevrall others ,he will equally do yours.u will testify in nairaland very soon.[/b]
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by onyeoka(m): 9:02pm On Feb 05, 2008
"When I am down, then I am strong", says Paul. In life, trials abound. No great man on earth lives without " down" moment. He sees trial as a temporary period of energy gathering. This is an apportunity for refuelling. This is an opportunity for self re-examination. This is an opportunity for a deep breath. This is an opportunity to know God. This is an opprtunity to prepare for a great leap. Friend, dont accept defeat. Be strong. Just work and pray. God will embarass you with Jobs, even this month. Talk say na me tell you.

When I was a student, I passed through scorching heat. When I was a Corp member I crawled through melting fire. When I was a job seeker, I slided through searing furnace. My value left me. Then I was down. I remembered Paul. Then I was strong.

Today, I have a banking Job. Two blue chip companies are looking pleadingly at my bold eyes for employment. This is a true life story.

So george, be strong, work and pray.

GOD DEY. cheesy
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by Suno(m): 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2008
many thnx to all those who ve encouraged george, i must confess that u guyz have revived so many hopes apart from dat of george.
we shall surely get there.
God b with us all
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2008
Am filld with tears of joy frm d responses av bn recieving. There ar still many good/GOD fearing people living. I thank u al and by GOD's grace(very soon,i wil give testimony here on nairaland.
E sé gan(thanx a lot)
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by sporti(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2008
george beliv in God.He did it for me he will surely do it for u
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by georgee(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2008
Am filld with tears of joy frm d responses av bn recieving. There ar still many good/GOD fearing people living. I thank u al and by GOD's grace(very soon,i wil give testimony here on nairaland.
E sé gan(thanx a lot)
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by bustabus: 9:25am On Feb 06, 2008
why give up now when you can give up later , it is only when you keep at it that you will break through. be persisitent and the lord is faithful and just to remember u. great people always have a tale . you have seed of greatness
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by dayo440: 3:05pm On Feb 06, 2008
Hey Geogee, all i will advise u is that u shouldnt give up now, try and learn something new thats in high demand even if u have 2 spend money to get that special knowledge, when u get that knowledge and experience, job will start to look 4 u. U can try get a job even if u are not going to get paid for it , all u need is to grab the experience, who knows God might surprise u in the process and im very sure He will, its all a matter of time, may god help us
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by sweetonyx(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ poster
GOD DEY

@Bums
Godbless ufor the encouragement.
Re: I'm Totally Fed Up With Job Hunting by knockbud: 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2008
hey georgee,just take it easy ,i bet u there are pple in worst situations dan urs
let me tell u a story
one day ,one poor man who had nth on earth except for one stick of banana.so he decided and went up to the mountain hoping to eat it and jump down frm there and die.wel after he did dat he threw the peeling down and moments later when he looked down ,someone had picked the peeling and ate and thanked god for dat.
so plz my brother,in any situation u are, never think dat u r in the very worst situation,someone else is suffering somewhere.
i too am looking for a job but i believe it will come ,am nt thinking too hard abt it cos i knw it will come ,just take care
cheers!!
tell us when u finally get a job,lol!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Us Embassy Interview Questions / United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job Recruitment / Cars45 Limited Entry Level & Exp. Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.