Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! (17805 Views)

NCC To Sanction Operators For Unsolicited SMS, Voice Calls / Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM / Null (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by xcitedjay(m): 1:40am On Nov 15, 2012
Les: B4 una begin attack my stupidity, abeg wethn be wi-fi?
Short for Wi-Fi. Think of it as Wireless Network.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by WhyAWhy(m): 3:01am On Nov 15, 2012
pak: I have always thought about this but never had the technological or financial werewithal to pull it off.

The truth is, say what you will - This is the future of mobile telephony.

The earlier we realise that we actually are not supposed to be charged for talking !!!!
Its an anomally.

The worst that should have happened is to have a subscription based model where once I buy the phone/ and mobile line, I might only need to pay perhaps a periodic subscription fee nothing more !!!

Look at other business models like the TV or automobile. Once I buy them from the owners. I only spend to maintain the devices and in the case of TV - probably pay for cable TV subscription and Car - pay tax to govt for maintaining the road and security but I am not charged directly each time I switch on my fone or each time I drive my car.

It should be the same for phones too.

Kudos BlackBerry - maybe I might be eventually convinced to get one afterall

Did you just say future?!!! That's so yesterday !!!
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by kinnkw(m): 6:52am On Nov 15, 2012
[quote author=pak][/quote

Now you have made the subject of your comment clear.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by kinnkw(m): 6:58am On Nov 15, 2012
Mobile

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 15, 2012
The only way this would be super great is if it worked with the "Blackberry Internet Subscription"
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by PalmTree(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2012
val_dubem:

wireless Fidenus you mean grin

Nope, I mean Wireless Fidelity!!!
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by luluosas(m): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2012
WhyAWhy:

Dem talk say na over wifi oh my people, what has that got to do with telcos oh.

Remember SKYPE does this already

Guy wifi plenty for Lagos, at least most top companies offer it

This may be through but, how many of those companies have their WiFi free? The company I work in Yola have WiFi but, you need the IT department permissions to connect to it.
So long as public WiFi is not availble in Nigeria, this new feature from RIM is big setback here. Thank you.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by pak: 10:41am On Nov 15, 2012
luluosas:

This may be through but, how many of those companies have their WiFi free? The company I work in Yola have WiFi but, you need the IT department permissions to connect to it.
So long as public WiFi is not availble in Nigeria, this new feature from RIM is big setback here. Thank you.

You work in Yola and you have WIFI ? do you work in ABTI ?

I stayed in yola for a while earlier in the year and actually know that there are very few places where you can get WIFI.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by viruz007(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
Now downloaing d BBM7.... cool
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by MickieSmart(m): 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
As for me i love the samsung galaxy s3 which has a webcam (most bb dnt have that) which means i can actually make a video chat/voice calls 4free via yahoo messenger,skype and many other apps in the app store. I still feel samsung galaxy s3 is one of the most powerful phones in the world,no bb cums close to it, not even the porsche !!!
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by luluosas(m): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
pak:

You work in Yola and you have WIFI ? do you work in ABTI ?

I stayed in yola for a while earlier in the year and actually know that there are very few places where you can get WIFI.
Yes. American University of Nigeria, Yola, (AUN) is the place.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by pak: 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2012
luluosas:

Wow, then am probably not more than 500m away from you.
am presently carrying out some installations at the health institution very close to the school.

Heard you've got some very wild students in that school quite unlike the glorified private secondary schools we have down south
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by WhyAWhy(m): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
luluosas:

Even abroad public WiFi is not free in most places (where it's available), you need some sort of permission.. so it's no biggie
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by viruz007(m): 10:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
who has downloaded d BBM 7 beta? i wanna test d voice chat... my pin is 21FFD7B5
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by luluosas(m): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2012
pak:

Wow, then am probably not more than 500m away from you.
am presently carrying out some installations at the health institution very close to the school.

Heard you've got some very wild students in that school quite unlike the glorified private secondary schools we have down south
I don't understand what you mean by the bolded. So, is it possible for us to me?
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by dljbd1(m): 10:11am On Nov 16, 2012
Lemme chk it out
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Dabss(m): 11:03am On Nov 16, 2012
Revolva: Great innovation all ya iphone users why are you jealous haha

Wifi well its gotta be wifi na abi you want make all our telco fold and if e fold massive unemployment
jealous? Do you think it's going to be better than FaceTime which even works without wifi?
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Dabss(m): 11:12am On Nov 16, 2012
Viber is available for blackberry and works free with bis. + you can also call people with andriod phones and iPhones for free.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by luluosas(m): 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:
Viber is available for blackberry and works free with bis. + you can also call people with andriod phones and iPhones for free.
I hope with people that have the same Viber on their Android and Iphone already.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by pak: 1:31am On Nov 17, 2012
yup
luluosas:
I don't understand what you mean by the bolded. So, is it possible for us to me?

Yup, am still there. Hope to be around till sometimes next week.

The bolded ? double connotations - but mostly in terms of being social, as in the lifestyle is not as restrictive as that of most private unis down south.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by KazaaUpload: 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2012
Revolva: Great innovation all ya iphone users why are you jealous haha

Wifi well its gotta be wifi na abi you want make all our telco fold and if e fold massive unemployment

Jealous ke? iPhone that has had this feature since summer of 2010, with free video iphone-to-iPhone calls. And this year, they made it available on iPhone over your normal network also and not just 3G. Hmmmm.....
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by KazaaUpload: 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
diki1: MTN, more ways to scam us

Bros this has nothing to do with MTN or any other network. So far as you have a wifi connection, MTN won't (and can't) charge you a kobo for it.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Dabss(m): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2012
luluosas:
I hope with people that have the same Viber on their Android and Iphone already.
I found out that viber can't make calls on blackberry free text only. Stūpid o.s
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by luluosas(m): 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
pak: yup

Yup, am still there. Hope to be around till sometimes next week.

The bolded ? double connotations - but mostly in terms of being social, as in the lifestyle is not as restrictive as that of most private unis down south.
Well, somehow this is true but, it has some limit though, it was more stricter with the former AUN President.
So, what exactly are you doing inside School of Nursing and Midwifery and how can one locate you there?
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by lukecent: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
luluosas:
Plz, drop me ur email add, there is sth I want to discuss with u.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by dmcdad: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
4llerbuntu: This feature "innovation" is dead on arrival. NO TELCO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WILL ENABLE THIS.

na wetin remain for dem na? BBM works with BIS and not bundled data on blackberries

unless as i suspect is going to be the case anyway, with the release of BB10 this idea of unlimited data through BIS will be a thing of the past.

warrhell, its not like d feature is novel, afterall nimbuzz and skype will do this. but that u will pay pittance and then dump all ur phone calls on the telco's data pipes for free? u gotta be joking

Op said over wifi which means it can't be done on data or bis... Is that not so @op?
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by luluosas(m): 7:45am On Nov 19, 2012
lukecent:
Plz, drop me ur email add, there is sth I want to discuss with u.
Ok. lugardosas@gmail.com. Please, you should include your nairaland username on your mail. Thank you.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by Donseaun(m): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2012
bbm 7 downloaded.... mail me ur pin so we can test this voice call jawe
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by walcolm(m): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
dmcdad:

Op said over wifi which means it can't be done on data or bis... Is that not so @op?

thats is correct. its currently a wifi only feature but i expect it to move to cellular just like facetime on iOS
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by walcolm(m): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
4llerbuntu: This feature "innovation" is dead on arrival. NO TELCO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WILL ENABLE THIS.

na wetin remain for dem na? BBM works with BIS and not bundled data on blackberries

unless as i suspect is going to be the case anyway, with the release of BB10 this idea of unlimited data through BIS will be a thing of the past.

warrhell, its not like d feature is novel, afterall nimbuzz and skype will do this. but that u will pay pittance and then dump all ur phone calls on the telco's data pipes for free? u gotta be joking

VOIP is not new and telcos all over the world dont have any major issues with it so i dont see why it should be an issue now that its added to BBM.
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by walcolm(m): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
pDude: And RIM introduces another software to further repress the already docile minds of the Nigerian youth.

Smh sad

loollll, looks like its your mind that's docile...RIM has not released another software...you should take time to read and understand before you type out mindless posts grin
Re: Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! by walcolm(m): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
mob82: Wifi.

#okbye!

looooooolllllllllllllll

Bad guy wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? / Your Mobile Phone Battery Sucks! And Here Is Why. / Opera Mini Mobile Browser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.