Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Female Lagbus Driver - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Female Lagbus Driver (19051 Views)

Photos From The Lagbus Accident Along Lekki-epe Expressway / LAGBUS Accident On 3rd Mainland This Morning / LAGBUS Bursts Into Flames At Ojodu/Berger Terminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Lagbus Driver by Jtoby: 10:02am On Nov 14, 2012
Guys, i and other guys at the bus stand were all stunt to witness this life and direct. Finally women are starting to break the traditional bias.
We first though she was only moving the bus, but surprisingly she actually drove us from berger to TBS. Now, i've travelled to most states in Nigeria, and i must say it's astonishing coz she is the first female public mass transit driver i've seen live and direct plying the road of Lagos considering the crazy driving we have here. I've been in her bus and she drives real good. Not only that, she's a graduate and LOVEs what she does. shocked

Is this a result of NO Jobs or Passion...?

1 Like

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by logo77: 10:11am On Nov 14, 2012
Good. This is not a new thing. It may be new in Lagos though,

I have seen many female cab drivers, bus drivers and Train engine "drivers" opertors elsewhere.
Not too long ago, a watched a documentary on a female truck driver that works with Dangote Cement.

Lets not attach an stigma here...... she got a job to do.

And like you said she's good at it.

I am happy for her and many others.

5 Likes

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by critic(m): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2012
i luv her for dis.... over to u ladies, we need more of u in professions like dis, not just scrambling daily for bank/office jobs.
front page pls.
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by k2039: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2012
What a man can do a woman can do better
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Mynd44: 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
Its a job and it pays. The end.
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
SHE LOOKS GOOD AND RELAXED TOO. THATS A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN. I LOVE

1 Like

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by megxo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
WHITE COLLAR?? NOPE!!!!

BT ITS ALSO A JOB winkn it pays.............
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by candieangel12(f): 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2012
See question ooo. How can a person go through years of education for a passion to drive public transport? Of course na because of joblessness. Na condition wey make crayfish bend.

2 Likes

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Afam4eva(m): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
This just supports the saying that what a man can do a woman can attempt to do it do better.
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by NoContract(m): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
Nairaland girls go rather drink bleach...

Keep lookin for dat ready made man that will sweep you off ur feet, with trips to the EU. You go land for soup one day. Yes you...God is watching U̶̲̥̅̊ in 4D TV!

4 Likes

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by matrixx(m): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
This is not a new sight, there are dozens of them riding the edo state comrade bus already about 3 yrs now and a doin well at it. The comrade bus is just d same size as d lagbus, wit no brt lane assigned  dem sef. Cum  benin and see.

3 Likes

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by honeric01(m): 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
Go to Edo state, very normal!

2 Likes

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Khayordhe: 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
Its normal....i don see gal wey dey ride okada sef..
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Super1759: 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
her name is "mama iyabo"
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by emilyone(f): 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
honeric01: Go to Edo state, very normal!
you cant compare driving in edo state with Lagos State abeg!!
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
HMMMMMMNN.... WHAT A MAN CAN DO, A WOMAN CAN DO IT BETTER!!!....
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by hakunamatata1: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
its new only in Lag. i was amazed when i was in portharcourt @ the number of female cab drivers! lagos yoruba women are just embracing the trend.
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by gulfer: 12:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
Hope this is not strain showing already. Appears she's already carrying a bandage on her wrist.
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by acidtalk: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
critic: i luv her for dis.... over to u ladies, we need more of u in professions like dis, not just scrambling daily for bank/office jobs.
front page pls.

If dem dey drive bus who go dey wait Chief for him guest house all because of N5,000?

So many lazy bunch of females out there who will rather do unholy acts to get fast money than to upright and deligent.
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
I hope she can cope with lagos road sha. Na woman wey dey rugged go fit drive for lagos o!
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by shadrach77: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
how are we sure the bus is not static and the lady is just posing like a driver behind the steering

1 Like

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by slimyem: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
This isn't news...
What don't women do these days...?
Next please!!
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by anycorner(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
i can only see d belt in between sumwhere...... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by kritzmoritz(m): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
Oga, you need to go back to grammar school. Shocking, really
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by youngdady: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
Na wah for Nigerians and our big-man mentality. If you can support your self/family with what you do what is wrong in doing it? Must everyone end up Engineers/Doctors/Bankers? There is dignity in labour, so long as you are not into something illegal, do what you have to do to get yourself going.

I was recently on a training and the head instructor who was a respected figure in the industry offered to take us around the country on a tour. His young son came along and he informed us he's a long distance truck driver, if na naija, peeps will be like. . . how can u allow your only son to be a truck driver when you're one of the most respected brains in industrial Safe guard systems.

Granted, our leaders have failed us. We shouldn't continue to promote this culture of I'm above this or that, worse still, run others down simply because they chose to better their lots in life in their own way (Dangote drivers).

4 Likes

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Bebetter: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2012
shocked Stuuned! not "stunt" bros try and read your macmillian english textbook once in a while... grin
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
More ability to her grin
Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Krucifax(m): 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
A job is a job,regardless of the sex of the person doing it. Driving by a woman is not new,and while the OP is expressing his own PERSONAL surprise,it is not a new trend even in Nigeria. In most parts of the DEVELOPED world women drive everything from Trucks,HGVs,Trains etc.

And people on here talking about her having a Uni degree need a serious reality check.It is a rough world economy right now and Nigeria is worse than most when it comes to unemployment figures. Even here in England WHITE,2:1 Grade,GRADUATES are stacking shelves in ASDA & TESCO(and these are the lucky ones).

We now live in a world where your graduate degree is no longer a guarantee of an interview let alone a job,before you even start talking of the type of job!

1 Like

Re: Female Lagbus Driver by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
E boku well-well for port harcourt!

As a matter of fact.... D first time i entered a lady's cab.... I thot it was a free ride... As fine boi wey i be... After d ride...i thanked her and marched on.
Was supprised when peeps were pointing at me and saying 'bros, dat madamme dey call u'
I went close.. Expecting 'ur number'....... But y'all know what i heard..'U neva pay me my money o'
D rest na tori.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is Better, Leather Seat Vs Cloth? / Truck Accident At Idiroko Road, Ota Ogun State / How Hard Is It To Drive A Manual Car In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.