Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Your Take About Wedding In The Village - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Take About Wedding In The Village (3740 Views)

Couple Use Power-Bike For Church Wedding In Enugu(pictured) / Bisoye Obasanjo's Traditional Wedding In Ebonyi State / Who Is Ayiri Emami - The Man Who Had The Most Expensive Wedding In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Take About Wedding In The Village by silvaspecs: 10:23am On Nov 14, 2012
I have a friend who Iڪ bent on carrying out the wedding ceremony where he resides in Abuja, as against the wishes of his grand parents in the village. Cos he has a house built in Abuja, whereas he barely has any outstanding one in the village.
He considers the financial implications of raising a structure now, Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd completing it while he prepares for the wedding. Ǎ̜̣̍gain, it seems as if accomodation for the guests will b cheaper in Abuja.
So kindly state your take about wedding in the village or where you are resident. Thanks...
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by Rocktation(f): 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
It depends on the kind of village. While some people's village is Kubwa, Abuja, others' is New Bussa (across the river Niger) in Niger state. Proximity to those things needed for planning the ceremony, as well as accessibility to the venue, should be given much thought.
Also, to where, will the guests retire, after the observance and reception? Are there motels around? If so, will he be footing the bills for everyone?

All in all, expenses could be more, if he's got a lot of friends that would do anything but miss it...or reduced, and a tad dull, if as many people that would attend in the city, do not.
Unless it's some kind of family tradition or he just doesn't want to break his grandparents' hearts, I see no reason why he can't bring them over in contrast to moving the whole city down there.
Again I don't know a lot of Naija ladies that would agree to get married at the man's villa rather than theirs...It's just...idk. undecided
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by ayobase(m): 1:38am On Nov 15, 2012
well said rocky, but don't like the idea of ladies ALWAYS wanting the wedding to hold at their ends....
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by Rocktation(f): 6:11am On Nov 15, 2012
It really shouldn't matter but that's like the norm. But yeah, I just learnt that members of the deeper life church, have their church ceremonies at the man's. So it really depends.
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by sassygal(f): 7:19am On Nov 15, 2012
ayobase: well said rocky, but don't like the idea of ladies ALWAYS wanting the wedding to hold at their ends....

Well that's because it is believed that the bride's family is the host of the day. you dont expect them to host the groom elsewhere but the bride's father's house.

At op, i guess its because your friend is likely the sole financier that's why he is deciding where the wedding will hold. Notwithstanding, unless he plans to pay for the accomodation of his guests in abuja, which is ridiculously expensive, the option of the village is actually cheaper. At least he has a family home there. Me just thinks he wants to have his way. #groomzilla.

1 Like

Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by dilbert100: 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
individual choice for me

1 Like

Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by tunapawizzy: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
WHEREVER WEDDING TAKES PLACE IS OF LITTLE IMPORTANCE.....WHAT MATTERS MOST IS THE LIFE AFTER WEDDING
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by mumumugu(m): 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Must there be a weding?
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by redsquare(m): 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
I see nothing wrong in wedding in the village especially during festive periods, though it depends on how remote and accessible is the village.
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by Clemzy16(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
Wedding in the village is alot more tasky. Be sure to expect alot of gate-crashers. (un-invited guest). So, you have to be financially balance else...
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by goofie: 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
my opinion:

i dont see it as wise for me 2 leave lagos and go to south south for my wedding except i dont really want pple 2 attend.

d cost implication is too high: accomodation,etc. besides i wont have peace of mine knowing dt pple r risking their lives n traveeling on our Nigerian roads to

attend a mere wedding: even if dey r flying sef.
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by bennieman: 5:35am On Nov 17, 2012
mumumugu: Must there be a weding?

I can see where your name comes from. lol
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by ayobase(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2012
bennieman:

I can see where your name comes from. lol

LOL!
Rocky: I thought introduction and traditional wedding are (MUST), and not necessarily church wedding and reception!
Re: Your Take About Wedding In The Village by Rocktation(f): 11:26am On Nov 17, 2012
Maybe. But people love to do both at the same time, so the thought of travelling and the expenses involved, is in itself tiring.

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Slept Off Beside His Wife During Engagement Goes Viral. Photos / Funny Wedding Souvenirs / Do You Need A Platform To Showcase Your Day To Day Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.