Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide (6277 Views)

Privatisation: NITEL, MTEL To Employ 10,000 Nigerians – NATCOM / SURE-P To Pay Unemployed Graduates N25,000 Monthly - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by BeraBera(f): 11:33am On Nov 14, 2012
The Minister of State, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Chief Olajumoke Akinjide, on Tuesday, disclosed that the FCT Administration would employ about 10,000 women and youths under its Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) before the end of this year.

She stated this while receiving in her office members of the FCT chapter of the National Council of Women’s Societies (NCWS) led by its President, Mrs Nancy Godwin Bulus.

Akinjide explained that the FCT Administration had established a Project Implementation Unit for the programme towards empowering and training women and youths in different skills and vocation.

“The administration of President Goodluck Jonathan is gender friendly and has initiated some programmes to economically empower our women and youths. One of the programmes is the SURE-P, which was established to oversee and ensure the effective and timely implementation of projects to be funded with the savings accruing to it from partial removal of subsidy on petroleum products.

“There is going to be massive employment of women and youths in the FCT before the end of this year. We are employing about 10,000 women and youths under the SURE-P. By empowering a women and a youth, you are building a nation,” she said.

The minister commended Nigerian women for their remarkable support for the present administration and assured them that the government was on track in the execution of its Transformation Agenda.

She urged the FCT chapter of the NCWS to collaborate with the gender department of the Social Development Secretariat towards empowering rural women.

She also disclosed that the FCTA had received approval and license for the establishment of a Microfinance Bank in Kwali Area Council as part of measures to provide access to cheap funds and empower the people.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/50861-fct-sure-p-to-employ-10000-women-youths-akinjide
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Afam4eva(m): 11:35am On Nov 14, 2012
All na lie jo...i have repented from my gullible ways...
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Iaz93: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
HmMMm
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by adventisty: 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
Beleive this, you beleive anything!
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Etumgbe(m): 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
You said to employ 10000 youths? Abi to give the already taken 10000 youths employment letters cos they have finished the employment before publishing this deceiving thread.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by highlandre(m): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
I believe this, but you must be a PDP member to stand any chance
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by legalwealth(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
This is nice but we youths need to be trained on how to become our own boss so as to become an employer as well.
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
Gbam

Our govt are always ready with promises but fail in fulfilling them.

This is afternoon and garri tinz occupy my mind now.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by AbdulFattah(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
By empowering a women and
a youth, you are building a nation,” she
said.
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by dilbert100: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
ppppppppppfffffffffffffffff undecided
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Redmosquito(m): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
Minion: Ur Painfulness! The Nigerian govt has promised to provide 10,000 jobs, they are really hardworking
Hades: Hek!! Promise?! From the Nigerian Government?! This reminds me of a Nigerian soul that came here once
Minion: Light my candle of wisdom Oh Lord!
Hades: The electric pole in his area got faulty, they were deprived of electricity, the government promised to repair it for two months straight.
Minion: My King! How does this affect the soul in question?
Hades: He eventually got fedup and tried to repaired it. The rest is history
Minion: Ouch! That's one painful way to go

4 Likes

Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Sammyfissy(m): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion: Ur Painfulness! The Nigerian govt has promised to provide 10,000 jobs, they are really hardworking
Hades: Hek!! Promise?! From the Nigerian Government?! This reminds me of a Nigerian soul that came here once
Minion: Light my candle of wisdom Oh Lord!
Hades: The electric pole in his area got faulty, they were deprived of electricity, the government promised to repair it for two months straight.
Minion: My King! How does this affect the soul in question?
Hades: He eventually got fedup and tried to repaired it. The rest is history
Minion: Ouch! That's one painful way to go

Cool Story
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Jyde89: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
legalwealth: This is nice but we youths need to be trained on how to become our own boss so as to become an employer as well.
Ngbanu wait for them to come, no train ya sef.
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
BeraBera: By empowering a women and a youth, you are building a nation,” she said.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/50861-fct-sure-p-to-employ-10000-women-youths-akinjide

Nonsense comment
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
Investigative journalism is what we need in this 21century.
Not govt will...govt promise...
We now hv freedom of information law.how many times have these reporters digged deep into such promises,few years after they were made.
Journalist can help change this country for good. Its high time they bursted these politicians' a *ss
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
grin

Nigeria never ceases to amaze me. grin

Subsidy reinvestment programme indeed grin
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by ITbomb(m): 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
I thought we had this news about 6 months ago. SURE P?
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by solhenawo: 4:02pm On Nov 14, 2012
WHAT DO WE DO? RUN OR FIGHT.
A common reason for emigration or revolution is the quest for a better living. The dilemma faced by nigerian youth as a result of UNEMPLOYMENT is whether to emigrate or revolt.
A common thread to the revolution in the middle east and north africa is the soul crushing high rate of YOUTH UNEMPLOYMENT and NEGLECT. The non existence of employment opportunities can be a powerful catalyst for mass emigration or revolution.
We are deluding ourselves if we believe the situation will change as the govt has shown no sincere approach to tackle the epidemic. Todays society is failing to deliver on its promise to young people , especially the ' schooled' youth. The several govt policies have either been inaccurate or dishonestly executed.
As we have learnt over the years that knowledge is power; widespread youth unemployment is a facet of a deeper failure. The society we are inheriting today is a damaged one. The industries, financial services,goverment are all struggling and are finally running out of 'fuel' but its the youth that are bearing the PAINS.
Youth unemployment has intensified crime growth and competition of the worst kind - driving down salaries,laying off,increasing temporary work - giving employers the 'freedom' to hire and fire, giving workers to compete with 3000 others for every vacant job.
The song been sang everywhere now is 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH' . We possibly won't find solution by running awayfrom the country so we have to 'STAY & FIGHT' to achieve a structural revolution; we need to muster unity and strenght to mount a resistance to the bosses( who are waging war on job , services and education) and goverment ( at all levels).
We have a right to good life, good work and good future. Let's demostrate our frustration by joining the fight against UNEMPLOYMENT and VICTIMIZATION.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
what of SURE A
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by bakusha(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ds stuff v bn in existence in june nofin hs bn heard abt it, al D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ do Ȋ̝̊̅§ broadcast fake news y D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ v already dn †ђξ recruitment undaground. Na G̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​d̶̲̥̅̊ go save us 4rm ds 9ja wy we dy
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by TheKingsQueen: 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
bakusha: Ds stuff v bn in existence in june nofin hs bn heard abt it, al D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ do Ȋ̝̊̅§ broadcast fake news y D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ v already dn †ђξ recruitment undaground. Na G̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​d̶̲̥̅̊ go save us 4rm ds 9ja wy we dy
you don't need to say that no one has heard of it since inception, just because you didn't hear of it. Real people has benefited from this Sure-P and have started their own businesses. All you need to have is a meaningful and viable business plan and not a "make-we-try" attitude
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by TheKingsQueen: 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2012
If you are in doubt of the successes of the Sure-P training programme, call 08170392233
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by ABJay1: 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
'Before the end of the year...' we already in the middle of November. undecided
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by Maxymilliano(m): 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
Employ 10,000 Women and Youth between now and Decenber
Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2012
10,000 out of unemployed millions

1 Like

Re: SURE-P To Employ 10,000 Women, Youths - Akinjide by adminlo: 11:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
I think nigeria youths in general are lazy and timid . How can a few tens of thousands hold a 160 million people to ranson baffles me ... We hear corruptions cases, loss of billions of dollars, underhand deals. ,.. Nigerians just listen , shrug and then laugh it off or sigh to God. Where now in europe , sensible people are demonstrating and fighting for their future as has been done in egypt, tunisia etc
I wept for the country and its cowards as citizens

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

hi / Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES 2019) / What Really Motivates You At Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.