Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions (6417 Views)

Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy / TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!! / Do Wonder Banks Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by lekanolas: 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
Despite the removal of interbank charges on ATM, some banks are still deducting these charges from customer. Hope the regulatory bodies read this report in one of the national dailies today .

Many of the Deposit Money Banks are still removing Automated Teller Machines, ATMs, charges on interbank transactions. The Bankers’ Committee had on Tuesday removed the charges on interbank trasactions to minimise the financial burden of bank customers and also make services friendly.

Speaking to National Mirror yesterday, a bank customer, Mr. Seyi Adeola said Guaranty Trust Bank Plc deducted N100.00 ATM card transaction charge for using the First Bank’s ATM to withdraw. He said, “Could you imagine that GTB charged N100.00 for using the First Bank ATM card to withdraw.

It’s like the banks don’t want to comply with the directive.” Another customer, Mr. Abdul Yusuf, said he used the GTB credit card to withdraw money at United Bank for Africa Plc and the N100.00 interbank transaction charge was removed.

When contacted, the Head, Corporate Communication of Union Bank Plc, Mr. Francis Barde said the Bankers Committee made the pronouncement for the removal and it was not authomatic.

He explained that there should be a timeline because the ATMs service providers have to reconfigure the machines to suit the present challenge. The spokesman of Ecobank Plc, Mr. Austin Asokpor, said that the bankers’ committee pronouncement is yet to be effected and as soon as they work out the modalities, the bank will comply.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/bank-still-charge-on-inter-bank-atm-transactions-customers/
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
Was any deadline given? If not then let's have a little patience cos they'll need to reconfigure the software on the ATMs.

4 Likes

Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by sexybash(f): 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
Dem be ole
Indi owo bankers
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by qplus(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
I wil comment later am at d swearing in of Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon as d chief of staff to Oshiomhole. My BB dictionary is at work right now but can't find most of his grammer herein

1 Like

Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
Implementation of policies take time in Naija.So,give it time
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by elothaddi(m): 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
Exercise some patience bro. They are agreed and a date still needs to be set. Moreover, the atms needs to be reconfigured. Cheers
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by k00lxpert(m): 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
afam4eva: Was any deadline given? If not then let's have a little patience cos they'll need to reconfigure the software on the ATMs.

yes! they are still charging on interbank transactions on ATMs because, the system has been implemented & officially announced. it was an agreement & decision reached by committee of bankers, during the last Banker's forum held. so pls, dont escalate what is nothing to become 'BOKO HARAMs' Den. @ op, check previous article on this info. thank you
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Guchis(f): 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
Even Diamond Bank with their countless sms/emails on removal of the interbank ATM charges still debits my account for same..
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Series22(m): 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
qplus: I wil comment later am at d swearing in of Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon as d chief of staff to Oshiomhole. My BB dictionary is at work right now but can't find most of his grammer herein
eyaaaah! Who d swear 4 patrick obahiagbon? Wetin him do?

3 Likes

Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Bidexnoni: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
Hope they will nt come out wit sumtin worster dan dat?
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by slimming: 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
It will take time for them to adapt, but if it deduction they will quickly change it.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by bodejohn(m): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
I am of the opinion that this new policy will actually reduce the efficiency of the ATMs if there was any in the first place.
I know of a bank in Ibadan who for many years had a range of atm cards without a single atm machine, the said bank can only boast of a single atm dispensing machine in the whole of Oyo state.
Other banks will spend their money to replenish their atm machines while customers from the bank I sited collect.
If the modalities for this policy is not carefully worked out, we will soon have banks on the same platform of visa or mastercard rejecting other banks card. I am sure some of us can still easily remember that during the early days of GSM, MTN refused to have GLO's call terminate on their network because of some fees that were supposed to be paid to each other.

4 Likes

Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Detonatorrex(m): 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2012
let them hurry up na,N100 is somethingcheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2012
it will be hard for this to stop.
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Teejayphillip(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
I tire 4 dem oo... I used my GTb atm card on a Zenith atm machine,n yet N100 waz deducted... Maybe dey've nt passed d bill... Letz wait n Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ Wat happens next..

Cos naija matter n talks are alwayz procastination. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by gulfer: 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
binger: Implementation of policies take time in Naija.So,give it time
But the implementation will be automatic had this been an upward review of the interbank charges
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by lekzy007(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
dont think they were given deadline so let exercise a little patient.
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Koolking(m): 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
Once the pronouncement was made by CBN, I expected Banks to comply. Do they need to write to the National Assembly for approval before they configure their ATM software. I bet if it was to increase the transaction (withdrawal) charge, the software would have been configured even before CBN made the pronouncement public. If this pronouncement see the light of the day, Nigerians are hereby encouraged to check their account balance timely because banks will step up their games in hidden charges on customers' accounts.

1 Like

Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by harlos: 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
Guchis: Even Diamond Bank with their countless sms/emails on removal of the interbank ATM charges still debits my account for same..
this one na lie Diamond bank have stop to remove the interbank ATM charge maybe they are charging you for sms/email

1 Like

Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by otokx(m): 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2012
bodejohn: I am of the opinion that this new policy will actually reduce the efficiency of the ATMs if there was any in the first place.
I know of a bank in Ibadan who for many years had a range of atm cards without a single atm machine, the said bank can only boast of a single atm dispensing machine in the whole of Oyo state.
Other banks will spend their money to replenish their atm machines while customers from the bank I sited collect.
If the modalities for this policy is not carefully worked out, we will soon have banks on the same platform of visa or mastercard rejecting other banks card. I am sure some of us can still easily remember that during the early days of GSM, MTN refused to have GLO's call terminate on their network because of some fees that were supposed to be paid to each other.

on point

1 Like

Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by crackhouse(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
Series22: eyaaaah! Who d swear 4 patrick obahiagbon? Wetin him do?
you get sense so?
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
Nigeria attimes amuse me,the configuration ought to have been done,before announcing the withdrawal of the access fee. This is a clear difference btw a developed country,and under developed ones.
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Chuksgeo: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2012
Even though, this is a welcome idea, yet, I smell S.L.S is gradually driving-in his interest free banking policy mindset into the entire nigerian banking sector gradually.
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by a1solution: 4:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
They should allow individuals to own ATM and make their money from the fees they charge. This is to ensure efficiency in ATM service
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by isleman(m): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
they still charged me at GTB ATM at Ajose Adeogun in V.I 2hours ago
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by obinnaharrison: 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
Please uba bank collects 150 for atm withdrawals now that 100 has been removed I guess they will be charging 50naira
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by bory09(m): 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
Maybe the ATM machine no wan stop. The machine too dey show sharpness as nothing wey come 9ja without being corrupt
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by packman: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
[size=15pt]the worst is when you want to be given Master in G.T.B they collect close to 1000 naira its very annoying.....
they should please be serious with this ending of ATM charges.. angry angry [/size]
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
Nonsense, They charged me yesterday and today again
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by RedLight1: 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
Nonsense! Am sure if they had increase the money from 100naira to 200naira.. We woulda seing the effect with immidiate alacrity.. Naija! naija!! naija!!!, we hail thee
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by touchmehard: 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
gulfer: But the implementation will be automatic had this been an upward review of the interbank charges
It's true
Re: Banks Still Charge On Interbank ATM Transactions by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2012
afam4eva: Was any deadline given? If not then let's have a little patience cos they'll need to reconfigure the software on the ATMs.

Buhahahahah....How long does it take to reconfigure software?? Just to edit a line that probably looks like: >> Current Balance = Previous Balance-(amount withdrawn + 100)??.
If it were to "reconfigure" the atm to >>> >> Current Balance = Previous Balance-(amount withdrawn + 1000), it would have been done even before the announcement was made!!!
It's just plain greed.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Investors Drag CBN, SEC To Supreme Court Over N23.7bn / FG Imposes Fuel Levy On Federal Roads - From Jan 2012 / Foreign Investors Withdraw N642bn From Stock Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.